Valentine's Day

gangsterfurious

So this will be my first Valentine's Day as a wife. I've never really understood the holiday and to me it was always a "Hallmark Holiday" though I confess I enjoy the explosion of conversation hearts, glittery objects, and pink, pink and MORE PINK!

So I'm wondering what the other ladies on here think about the holiday, Yay or nay when it comes to celebrating it and why?

• Like 2

:kisshug: :mwah: :heart: :mwah: :kisshug: :heart: :kisshug: :mwah: Edited by gangsterfurious
  • Like 1

I am terrible about holidays, birthdays and such. I tend to buy gifts for people I love at various points during the year. Then, I scramble at Christmas because I've already bought them what they wanted. :sigh:

However, Valentine's Day (VD as I call it - as in "I hope you have a great VD today!" or simply "Happy VD!") - well, I buy flowers and chocolate and a card for my spouse like clockwork (no pun intended). I'm an angel - okay, that pun was intended - sorry :blush:

It's only one day out of the year and most people enjoy getting chocolates and flowers and being told they are loved in card form. I know I do.

• Like 1

Is a vacuum cleaner a cool Valentine gift? Or what about a workout DVD? Been married 11 years and looking for a new angle really brighten her day....

Okay, I don't care how long you've been married. No vacuum cleaner or workout DVD...trust me on this one...

I think maybe you're being funny here and I have no idea what your lady likes, but no...LOL

Okay, this reminds me of White Castle. I swear I thought it was a joke. There's one right by me and the sign said "make your Valentine's Day rsvp's now. Then someone told me they light candles on the tables and people go there on VD day. I mean I crave a white castle from time to time, but c'mon...

LOL

• Like 2

Valentine's Day is just like Christmas - a useless, money-grabbing, over-commercialized farce. People are pressured by constant advertising to go out and buy a bunch of useless shit just to "make sure their wife / husband knows they love them."

If I was married and or "girlfriended," I would think that my so-called relationship is in serious trouble if I needed to go out and buy an over-priced stuff animal, over-priced chocolates (Oh, how original!) and a goddam card that SOMEONE ELSE WROTE, and then went out and spend $150 on dinner - on the exact same day that everyone else is doing all of this... just to make sure she knows knows I love her... Hmmmmm.

How about this for a plan... at random times throughout the year - WHEN NO ONE ELSE IS DOING THIS - come home from work and surprise your girl or your guy with a nice little gift, a card (that you made yourself and one that YOU wrote the poem for... even if it looks like a 5 year old made it with Crayons) and then maybe go out for an unplanned, nice meal somewhere.

After dinner, go for a nice walk down by the lake or the river, or in the park... give her a big-ass hug and tell her (or him) that you really love her... maybe even squeeze her bum a little at the same time... that'll get the moisture flowing for when you get home.

If there are any guys reading this - trust me... if you follow my instructions above, you get the best goddam blow job of your life!

:LOL:

• Like 6

Is a vacuum cleaner a cool Valentine gift? Or what about a workout DVD? Been married 11 years and looking for a new angle really brighten her day....

Are you sure you're trying to brighten her day, not get castrated?

• Like 2

Valentine's Day is just like Christmas - a useless, money-grabbing, over-commercialized farce. People are pressured by constant advertising to go out and buy a bunch of useless shit just to "make sure their wife / husband knows they love them."

If I was married and or "girlfriended," I would think that my so-called relationship is in serious trouble if I needed to go out and buy an over-priced stuff animal, over-priced chocolates (Oh, how original!) and a goddam card that SOMEONE ELSE WROTE, and then went out and spend $150 on dinner - on the exact same day that everyone else is doing all of this... just to make sure she knows knows I love her... Hmmmmm.

How about this for a plan... at random times throughout the year - WHEN NO ONE ELSE IS DOING THIS - come home from work and surprise your girl or your guy with a nice little gift, a card (that you made yourself and one that YOU wrote the poem for... even if it looks like a 5 year old made it with Crayons) and then maybe go out for an unplanned, nice meal somewhere.

After dinner, go for a nice walk down by the lake or the river, or in the park... give her a big-ass hug and tell her (or him) that you really love her... maybe even squeeze her bum a little at the same time... that'll get the moisture flowing for when you get home.

If there are any guys reading this - trust me... if you follow my instructions above, you get the best goddam blow job of your life!

I agree with all of this lol.

• Like 2

It's a money grab by flower, card, candy, stuffed animals, jewelry, and lingerie companies.

I don't begrudge people who do like to get cards and stuff like that, or give them. But you have to be on the same page about this in the relationship. I'd rather give cards and flowers and such when the prices aren't artificially jacked up.

• Like 1

ALL of it?

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/tumblr_m695z652Rz1qcgu81o1_400.gif

Says the guy who's dating a campfire.

:laughing guy:

Sorry dude, couldn't resist!

:fury:

• Like 1

Um, Gangst'.... you do agree with the last part too, then right? Just checking... :P

Careful how you answer this because your "new" husband just might reading this...

Edited by Thunder Bay Rush
  • Like 1

Okay, THAT was funny! (Gotta give credit where credit is due!)

Now, if you'll excuse me, my campfire is waiting for me. And, she's lookin' pretty hot tonight...

Edited by Thunder Bay Rush
  • Like 1

Okay, THAT was funny! (Gotta give credit where credit is due!)

Now, if you'll excuse me, my campfire is waiting for me. And, she's lookin' pretty hot tonight...

It took me about 10 minutes to find that post, too!

You put a pot of water on her, and things will be boiling in no time!

Um, Gangst'.... you do agree with the last part too, then right? Just checking... :P

Careful how you answer this because your "new" husband just might reading this...

I'm sure she does. She knows how to read a whole post before she replies like that.

:yes:

• Like 1

Well, this awesomely sums up my feelings about V-Day, too... except for that last part! :P And I'm not sure if the 'moisture' is meant to refer to tears or something else... I'll assume something else!

What I like to do on V-Day (and I'm working this year, so it'll have to be another day) is get together a nice big cheddar-and-beer fondue with my man, and sit in and gorge and watch movies, and basically just hang out. Nothing special, but just a day for the two of us to be together. No insipid cards or huge stuffed animals (I'd probably make him return it if he got me a huge stuffed gorilla or something), no chocolate, no flowers. At the beginning of our relationship, I was bigger on romantic gestures, but I've suffered much disappointment in this department... it's just not his thing, though he would try if I wanted. It's easier to go with what works for us. I know he loves me, and I really don't need some factory-made card or clicheed chocolates to 'show' me this.

I think, as with other holidays like Christmastime and Mom's and Dad's days, the point is to be with the people that you love, share a little soul, if you can stomach this kind of new-agey talk.

• Like 1

That was just beautiful...(wipes tear from eye) sniff...

This is valentines day in a nutshell :moon:

• Like 2

Is that what your husband sees?

that post will never get old...deserves 10 likes...sorry I can't give more
  • Like 1

Ya, I know... I'm a VERY romantic guy. That's just one of the reasons why I always do so good with the "ladies."

Here is one of the funniest Valentine's Day things I have ever seen...

A couple of years ago, on February 14th at about 5:30 pm, I was in our local WAL MART and I went over to the magazine stand to pick up a copy of my favourite fishing rag. The isle just before the mags is where all the greeting cards are displayed... and yep... there they were. About 15 Canadian hosers, all in their 30s, 40s and 50s, complete with plaid or checkered "bush jackets," 2 packs of "smokes" in the top pocket, ball caps, long, scruffy hair and beards, dirty jeans and / or Carhart's and steel toed workboots (complete with green safety patch.)

They were all standing there, clutching a heart-shaped box of chocolates and - staring up at THE WALL... that great, big, HUGE, intimidating wall of random Valentine's Day cards of which each man must bravely pick one. Each man almost looked like he was completely frozen in fear, or perhaps, frozen in some sort of bizzare, futuristic force-field... knowing full-well that he must go home and present the VD card of HIS choice to his "sweetie." The biggest fear is that he may not truly understand the message within the card and bring home "the wrong one." That's why they always go "all out" on the chocolates, buying the biggest box with the highest price tag... a form of insurance or at least a "contingiency plan."

If I was a psychic and could read people's minds, I know for an absolute fact what each and every guy, frozen with fear, while standing in front of those cards that day would have been thinking - "Oh, shit."

Are you sure you're trying to brighten her day, not get castrated?

Castrated? What if the vacuum cleaner was a Kirby? It's the Cadillac of vacuum cleaners...who can complain about that? She got me a grill two years ago for Father's Day...should I have opened a protesting mouth on that occasion?