Who is the most overrated punter of all time?

Tombstone Mountain

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which punter is probably living on skid row right now?

• Sean Landeta
    • Lou "The Toe" Groza
    • Danny White
    • Ray Guy
    • Shane Lechler
    • George Blanda

Ray guy was my child hood hero - I can't count how many times he threw a perfect strike on fourth down to keep a drive alive -

I will never understand why Ray Guy is not in the Hall of Fame. The man completely revolutionized football strategy with his monster punts. :haz: :haz:

• Like 1

Ray guy was my child hood hero - I can't count how many times he threw a perfect strike on fourth down to keep a drive alive -

I will never understand why Ray Guy is not in the Hall of Fame. The man completely revolutionized football strategy with his monster punts. :haz: :haz:

agree 100%. Jan Stenerud is the only kicker in there. Some say Vinateri is a lock to get in. I've never seen Guy punt...he must've been unique. Anybody here watch him in real time? Was it always epic?

agree 100%. Jan Stenerud is the only kicker in there. Some say Vinateri is a lock to get in. I've never seen Guy punt...he must've been unique. Anybody here watch him in real time? Was it always epic?

Yah, I watched him punt back in the day. He was amazing, even though I cursed him for putting my team in a hole every time..... :laughing guy: No one had punted the ball so high and so deep and so accurately before. He was a major weapon for the Raiders. Al Davis was ridiculed for drafting him in the 1st round, but Davis had the last laugh.....

• Like 2

Sure, Ray Guy was a great punter, but after Virgil Livers lost a testicle blocking one of his punts, he didn't really need to worry much about the punt rush.
  • Like 2

Yah, I watched him punt back in the day. He was amazing, even though I cursed him for putting my team in a hole every time..... :laughing guy: No one had punted the ball so high and so deep and so accurately before. He was a major weapon for the Raiders. Al Davis was ridiculed for drafting him in the 1st round, but Davis had the last laugh.....

Induct Ray Guy now!

Online petition?

• Like 3

Induct Ray Guy now!

Online petition?

He just sold his Super Bowl rings because of his financial situation...sad. Why aren't more kickers in the HOF?

Sure, Ray Guy was a great punter, but after Virgil Livers lost a testicle blocking one of his punts, he didn't really need to worry much about the punt rush.

that's nuts....is it true?

As it turned out, apparently not, though my memory wasn't that far off.. He did lose a testicle on a play where Ray Guy punted, but it wasn't from blocking the kick.

More info here...not for the squeamish...http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/page/fleming-111006/the-flem-file-uncovers-some-worst-testicle-injuries-sports

By the way, if you type "virgil livers blocked ray guy punt" into Google, my original post is the first entry that comes up.

I'd like to start a "most overrated long snapper in NFL history", but I can only name one. :LMAO:

Hey...Has anyone ever dated a girl who had a long snapper? :joker:

I'd like to start a "most overrated long snapper in NFL history", but I can only name one. :LMAO:

Hey...Has anyone ever dated a girl who had a long snapper? :joker:

No...what does a long snapper look like?

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/13/34/30/2999845/9/628x471.jpg

Well, that's one kind. :LMAO:

I can't believe Ray Guy and Shane Lechler are in this poll? WTF?

BOTH RULE!!!!!!

Shane and Sea Bass are the only Raiders worth a shit on the team right now. Everyone else can go!

Didn't Madden let Ray Guy kick the the football to the center speaker at the Superdome during warm ups?

Ray Guy should be in the HOF!

BOTH RULE!!!!!!

Shane and Sea Bass are the only Raiders worth a shit on the team right now. Everyone else can go!

Didn't Madden let Ray Guy kick the the football to the center speaker at the Superdome during warm ups?

He's just a punter...c'mon man

BOTH RULE!!!!!!

Punters are people too! Guy and Lechler should both get in! Don't they have a "Kicker" section in Canton???

BOTH RULE!!!!!!

Punters are people too! Guy and Lechler should both get in! Don't they have a "Kicker" section in Canton???

the only pure kicker that got in so far has been Stenerud