The Following (Un-#$%^ing-believable)

Rick N. Backer

Don't know if anyone else is watching this, but last night I saw one of the most disturbing, but excellent, TV shows. The Following, running on Fox Mondays at 9 pm, is off to a great start. Kevin Bacon stars as a retired FBI agent called back to work on a case involving a serial killer he captured once before, who has set up a social network of sorts of followers carrying out his instructions. It's pretty intense, and graphic, for a network show. Last night was only the second show, so it's not too late to get on board.
  • Like 2

We have them both recorded, and trying to find a time to watch it seeing it's a little too much (from what I've heard... and now you confirmed it) for my daughter to watch.

It's way too much for your daughter to watch unless she's 26.

My wife was so startled by one scene she actually almost screamed. Truth? Me too.

• Like 1

We have them both recorded, and trying to find a time to watch it seeing it's a little too much (from what I've heard... and now you confirmed it) for my daughter to watch.

It's way too much for your daughter to watch unless she's 26.

My wife was so startled by one scene she actually almost screamed. Truth? Me too.

This is a great series...really enthralling

I watched the pilot with my wife last night, we are definitely hooked.

Poor Maggie Grace.

Let me know how you like Chapter 2.

It's being recorded tonight... I saw they were replaying it tonight and canceled the first run recording so we could watch something else seeing my daughter was recording something and I didn't want to go setup the other DVR :LOL:

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

I watched the pilot with my wife last night, we are definitely hooked.

Poor Maggie Grace.

Let me know how you like Chapter 2.

It's being recorded tonight... I saw they were replaying it tonight and canceled the first run recording so we could watch something else seeing my daughter was recording something and I didn't want to go setup the other DVR :LOL:

I may need to stop watching the show. I was taking something out to the trash in the garage last night, and the side door slammed shut from the wind (we have a breezeway between the house and garage). I was then standing in a dark garage, and almost sh*t myself. :scared:

:LOL:

The thing I find most disturbing about this show is that it actually could happen in today's world. There's people out there who will always have a fascination with serial killers/cult leaders and using social networking as a way to build up your following and have them carry out what you want is very possible now.

A lot of graphic images for a network show. I wonder if FOX is looking to try something new in order to keep up with what the cable shows are doing in terms of violence and gore. Still, a very original show concept and so far the first two episodes have been very good. Hopefully the show is a success because what the killer has built can really run very deep and the show could get a good run out of that.

Edited by J2112YYZ

The thing I find most disturbing about this show is that it actually could happen in today's world. There's people out there who will always have a fascination with serial killers/cult leaders and using social networking as a way to build up your following and have them carry out what you want is very possible now.

A lot of graphic images for a network show. I wonder if FOX is looking to try something new in order to keep up with what the cable shows are doing in terms of violence and gore. Still, a very original show concept and so far the first two episodes have been very good. Hopefully the show is a success because what the killer has built can really run very deep and the show could get a good run out of that.

I'm guessing that has a lot to do with it, yes. Otherwise network dramas are pretty tame. I've since wished, as good as it actually was, that Homicide: Life On The Street had been a show on AMC or HBO. Otherwise that show was The Wire before The Wire. Speaking of which, can you imagine The Wire on NBC? Me either.

I'm guessing that has a lot to do with it, yes. Otherwise network dramas are pretty tame. I've since wished, as good as it actually was, that Homicide: Life On The Street had been a show on AMC or HBO. Otherwise that show was The Wire before The Wire. Speaking of which, can you imagine The Wire on NBC? Me either.

I've never seen The Wire and have no clue what it's about.

So, from what i've heard this season will have 13 episodes and they will all air every week without a break. That's how it should be done.

I watched the second episode. Good stuff. Although did I miss out on the super graphic stuff from the first? Cause I didn't find the episode I saw to be all that disturbing.

Good , original story though. I look forward to following it .

I'm actually watching the third episode now.

Edited by Xanadoood

I watched the second episode. Good stuff. Although did I miss out on the super graphic stuff from the first? Cause I didn't find the episode I saw to be all that disturbing.

The pilot has a scene that is the most cringe inducing I've ever seen on network TV.

The pilot has a scene that is the most cringe inducing I've ever seen on network TV.

Dunno if you watch Elementary, but the episode shown after the superbowl was pretty bloody

Dunno if you watch Elementary, but the episode shown after the superbowl was pretty bloody

I love that show. We DVR'ed it.

Oh my Goodness im hooked . Great show. Kevin Bacon doesnt hurt the show either!

I wonder what happened to the show TOUCH with Kiefer Southerland. It was on last year all season also on Fox.

I think it's back in the next few weeks. I love that one too.

Hey I just saw it advertised...starts this friday ! :rose: