The Following (Un-#$%^ing-believable)

Rick N. Backer

Well, perhaps unsurprisingly, I disagree with people who think the show has "lost its fastball." On some level, I suppose its a little like the transition from a SNL skit to a full length movie. Once you start stretching it out, it can get thin at times.

My good friend LiX mentioned Once Upon a Time. We're big fans in my house, too. However, I have to admit that I have trouble following the story this season, and liked last season more. Similarly, last year Touched was fantastic. The idea of a gifted boy bringing people together was great. This year, of course, the boy's father is no longer a 9-11 widower. He's Jack Bauer. I don't mean that as a compliment. My point being that every good show that is a continuing story, rather than a series of stand alone episodes, can be tough to sustain over time.

For those saying the story is too "dramatic" or "far fetched" I'll simply say it's not a documentary. The story is still intriguing, and it keeps you guessing. A colleague of mine is still convinced SA Parker is a member of the cult. You never know who, other than Hardy or Carroll, are going to get it from week to week.

And, know this: If this show gets cancelled, and we get stuck with another stupid lawyer/cop/doctor drama in its place, well, let's just say I will bust out my Edgar Allen Poe anthology and find you.

All of you.

There is too much good TV programming on cable for me to lose sleep over a cancelled network show.

Yeah, like Jersey Shore :LOL:

:LOL:

Or Keeping Up with the Karcrashians (and Frankenjenner)

Well, perhaps unsurprisingly, I disagree with people who think the show has "lost its fastball." On some level, I suppose its a little like the transition from a SNL skit to a full length movie. Once you start stretching it out, it can get thin at times.

My good friend LiX mentioned Once Upon a Time. We're big fans in my house, too. However, I have to admit that I have trouble following the story this season, and liked last season more. Similarly, last year Touched was fantastic. The idea of a gifted boy bringing people together was great. This year, of course, the boy's father is no longer a 9-11 widower. He's Jack Bauer. I don't mean that as a compliment. My point being that every good show that is a continuing story, rather than a series of stand alone episodes, can be tough to sustain over time.

For those saying the story is too "dramatic" or "far fetched" I'll simply say it's not a documentary. The story is still intriguing, and it keeps you guessing. A colleague of mine is still convinced SA Parker is a member of the cult. You never know who, other than Hardy or Carroll, are going to get it from week to week.

And, know this: If this show gets cancelled, and we get stuck with another stupid lawyer/cop/doctor drama in its place, well, let's just say I will bust out my Edgar Allen Poe anthology and find you.

All of you.

There is too much good TV programming on cable for me to lose sleep over a cancelled network show.

Yeah, like Jersey Shore :LOL:

More like "The Americans", "Breaking Bad", "Homeland", "Justified", "The Walking Dead" etc, etc.

I hate reality TV shows and there ilk. I watch none of them.

• Like 1

Caught up through episode 8. Not sure if I'm going to stick with this show. I can suspend my disbelief for a lot of things, but these cult members being everywhere, all the time? I really hate that little bitch Emma. And the idea of them dragging this thing out for God knows how long, with the cult always being 2-3 steps ahead, and all the missed opportunities for the FBI...ugh.
  • Like 1

Caught up through episode 8. Not sure if I'm going to stick with this show. I can suspend my disbelief for a lot of things, but these cult members being everywhere, all the time? I really hate that little bitch Emma. And the idea of them dragging this thing out for God knows how long, with the cult always being 2-3 steps ahead, and all the missed opportunities for the FBI...ugh.

Exact same direction I went.... I'm going to stick out the season, but doubt I'll watch season 2.

This week wasn't too exciting. I think the reason is the build up to next week. According to the previews, next week looks to be a pretty good episode.

I thought this week was better than the last 3 or so. I see some rifts forming for the cult and for once the FBI didn't look completely inept.

The one half of the gay couple coming back to the fold is going to create some tension. The Emma character seems to be coming unglued a bit and she is unlikable so I enjoy watching her squirm.

I still think I am done after this season unless they really do something really special.

This week wasn't too exciting. I think the reason is the build up to next week. According to the previews, next week looks to be a pretty good episode.

I thought this week was better than the last 3 or so. I see some rifts forming for the cult and for once the FBI didn't look completely inept.

The one half of the gay couple coming back to the fold is going to create some tension. The Emma character seems to be coming unglued a bit and she is unlikable so I enjoy watching her squirm.

I still think I am done after this season unless they really do something really special.

Don't get me wrong, I think the story was better, and this episode seemed to try and get thing going in the direction needed. As far as excitement, I thought it was a little toned down.

My favorite scene? When the cult member chasing Claire Matthews at the Mardi Gras party starts to tell Ryan she doesn't think he has, I infer, the guts or the balls to shoot her if she doesn't drop her weapon. And he does.

Yeah, like where the hell was she when he shot all of those people the week before? Oh yeah - she was one that escaped!! :facepalm:

My favorite scene? When the cult member chasing Claire Matthews at the Mardi Gras party starts to tell Ryan she doesn't think he has, I infer, the guts or the balls to shoot her if she doesn't drop her weapon. And he does.

Yeah, like where the hell was she when he shot all of those people the week before? Oh yeah - she was one that escaped!! :facepalm:

So Ryan, like Joe in the pilot, tied up his loose ends. See how it all comes together?

I'm glad that Sheldon first mentioned that Emma!

She always got on my nerves....bad..LOL

I still do like the fast pace of this show. I do enjoy it.

But, to be totally honest I don't think I'd be that interested anymore if James Purefoy (Joe) wasn't in it. Well......I can't lie. It wouldn't be fair. LOL

And, I used to LOVE Prison Break. If anyone watched it, the guy who played Mahone.....OMG, that Ryan (Kevin Bacon) reminds me of his character on Prison Break.

So, we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

I see there is a new episode on Hulu tonight. I'm up all night, so I might as well watch it and see what happens.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/Smilies%20GIFs/ohnoes_zpsc1e9b5fe.gif

Sheriff "Roderick" is annoying as f**k!

Looked like Joe was using an Iridium satellite phone when he called Hardy. Of course, he really should have been standing outside, but that's Hollywood.

And you can't trace those phones like they were trying to.

Edited by Sheldon Cooper

Episode 9 is better than recent ones. They're finally doing other stuff than trying to find that little kid (echoes of The Walking Dead season 2?)

So Emma is making the power play to replace Joe's wife. Roderick is jealous because now that Joe is there, Joe is getting all the attention, whereas before, he was the big cheese at the cult compound. Shit is starting to fall apart from the inside. And what's going to happen since Joe killed the main IT guy?

Wow, that scene with Roderick calling Emma out for leaving her boyfriend behind! Good stuff.

And then Jacob shows up at the end, "Hello, Emma." (you little moonpie faced bitch!)

Edited by Sheldon Cooper

I see there is a new episode on Hulu tonight. I'm up all night, so I might as well watch it and see what happens.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/Smilies%20GIFs/ohnoes_zpsc1e9b5fe.gif

I think Hulu is a week behind tho on that show. Unless you have HULU PLUS.

I'm glad that Sheldon first mentioned that Emma!

She always got on my nerves....bad..LOL

I still do like the fast pace of this show. I do enjoy it.

But, to be totally honest I don't think I'd be that interested anymore if James Purefoy (Joe) wasn't in it. Well......I can't lie. It wouldn't be fair. LOL

And, I used to LOVE Prison Break. If anyone watched it, the guy who played Mahone.....OMG, that Ryan (Kevin Bacon) reminds me of his character on Prison Break.

So, we'll see what happens.

Duh....I'm quoting myself because I forgot to add that my cousin K, read somewhere that there will be a great surprise....that's all she remembers and she was excited about it. Maybe she knows something we don't...LOL

that's all....for now

• Like 1

I think Hulu is a week behind tho on that show. Unless you have HULU PLUS.

I make baller dough, so I have Hulu Plus.

;)

This was a good episode, until Claire jumped in the car.

I was sure that a code blue "beeeeeeep" we going to wake Ryan from that last daydream with his friend. Glad I was wrong.

This was a good episode, until Claire jumped in the car.

I was sure that a code blue "beeeeeeep" we going to wake Ryan from that last daydream with his friend. Glad I was wrong.

The show is full of idiots doing stupid things over and over.

FBI security detail that couldn't protect a cup of warm piss.

Ryan and his buddy running out of the house into the woods in the dark instead of hunkering in and making them come to you.

Claire running out and jumping in the car.

Morons.

The show is getting very tiring but at least on DVR fast forwarding through the commercials it is only about 25 minutes long.