• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#41 Daylin

Daylin

Mapquest

• Members
  • 10085 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Lix, first I have no idea how you do that...spoiler thing.

But, I still like this show.  As you and your wife were calling all kinds of things here too..me too, I should say.  

Oh, I have to tell you (and whoever else is reading this...lol) that I was watching The Bachelor (don't judge me) and M say's to me " Why aren't you putting on The Following?".....Lix, I didn't even think about this.  I wonder if I was alone here when it would have dawned on me that I didn't watcht it...LOL  I thought you'd get a kick out of that...LOL

Sponsored Post

#42 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 21369 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

LIX:

Spoiler

#43 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

Coach Cheesehead

• Members
  • 21420 posts
  • Interests:Drinking, smoking, drugs, Justin Bieber, lying on the internet.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 26 February 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

LIX:

Spoiler

I thought so :)

#44 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

Member titles are overrated!

• Members *
  • 16449 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostLost In Xanadu, on 26 February 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 26 February 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

LIX:

Spoiler

I thought so :)

I don't buy it.

#45 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

Coach Cheesehead

• Members
  • 21420 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Is it just me or is this show getting infuriating? Kind of like 24... just as they are about to make something happen, something way to perfect happens and allows things to keep moving... getting tired of how scripted it is all starting to feel

#46 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

• Members *
  • 16449 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostLost In Xanadu, on 27 February 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

Is it just me or is this show getting infuriating? Kind of like 24... just as they are about to make something happen, something way to perfect happens and allows things to keep moving... getting tired of how scripted it is all starting to feel
I get what you mean and I agree.  It's like they are telling a story that they never plan on ending.  Every week reaches a climax and then instead of getting some sort of resolution they work in some twisted way to start it all over.  I am not going to give up on it yet but the story better reach some sort of conclusion and it better be good.

#47 nobodys hero

nobodys hero

Rush Rocker Chick

• Members *
  • 7941 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush Rush.. there's more, but really that says it all!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Kevin Bacon sure gets his ass kicked every week, lol

#48 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

Coach Cheesehead

• Members
  • 21420 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

:unsure:

Edited by Lost In Xanadu, 04 March 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#49 Daylin

Daylin

Mapquest

• Members
  • 10085 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostLost In Xanadu, on 04 March 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

:unsure:

LOL LOL!!!
Exactly!

I came in here and said to myself "oh Lix probably has lots to say".....
I'm still laughing.

and nobodys hero, he always gets beat up...and good...LOL

#50 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24419 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Looks like I'll have to give this one a spin.

#51 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 21369 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Last night's episode was a good one.

Spoiler

#52 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

Coach Cheesehead

• Members
  • 21420 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Still feeling more like 24 to me... I did like...

Spoiler

#53 Khan

Khan

In a GIFfy

• Members *
  • 15447 posts
  • Location:Actual location changes many times per hour normally.
  • Interests:Milsurp rifles

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

great show....loved every episode so far

#54 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

Coach Cheesehead

• Members
  • 21420 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Well there goes my theory....

#55 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

• Members *
  • 16449 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

The show should be called "The Commercials"

Am I the only one who is getting a little bored with it?  I liked the first couple episodes and thought the concept had real promise but they are really failing to execute.   Kevin Bacon's character is one of the least threatening and least interesting heroic (if that is what he is supposed to be) lead characters I can remember in an action/drama.  In fact the whole entire FBI team come off and incompetent and stupid.   The idea that a goofy mix of psychopaths and an insane college professor could plan this out from prison and execute it flawlessly and stay ahead of an ever confused FBI team is getting harder and harder to buy into.  This supposedly seasoned FBI team seems shocked and unprepared for everything they come up against right down the the lady who supposedly is some kind of expert in dealing with cults and this insane type of behavior.  I know you need to suspend some disbelief when watching shows like this but they are asking for a bit much and not giving enough back and the whole things has turned a bit silly.   I will probably watch the rest of the season but I can see myself bailing after that unless the story gets much more interesting in some way.

I guess this is what i get for watching so many cable drama's.   It makes this network stuff look juvenile.  I wonder how this show would have turned out if it was put in the hands of writers working for Showtime or HBO.

#56 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

• Members *
  • 16449 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostLost In Xanadu, on 11 March 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

Well there goes my theory....

I suspected as much.   Its a good thing too because he seems to be the only one on the show that is smart enough to even be in the FBI.   Its too bad he can't fight.

#57 Xanadoood

Xanadoood

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5479 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Biking
    Mountain Climbing
    Running
    Movies
    Reading

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

View Postthesweetscience, on 12 March 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

Am I the only one who is getting a little bored with it?  I liked the first couple episodes and thought the concept had real promise but they are really failing to execute.   Kevin Bacon's character is one of the least threatening and least interesting heroic (if that is what he is supposed to be) lead characters I can remember in an action/drama.  In fact the whole entire FBI team come off and incompetent and stupid.   The idea that a goofy mix of psychopaths and an insane college professor could plan this out from prison and execute it flawlessly and stay ahead of an ever confused FBI team is getting harder and harder to buy into.  This supposedly seasoned FBI team seems shocked and unprepared for everything they come up against right down the the lady who supposedly is some kind of expert in dealing with cults and this insane type of behavior.  I know you need to suspend some disbelief when watching shows like this but they are asking for a bit much and not giving enough back and the whole things has turned a bit silly.   I will probably watch the rest of the season but I can see myself bailing after that unless the story gets much more interesting in some way.

I guess this is what i get for watching so many cable drama's.   It makes this network stuff look juvenile.  I wonder how this show would have turned out if it was put in the hands of writers working for Showtime or HBO.

Yeah, I'm bored with it but I'll finish out the season. This cult is the least scary I've ever seen. Lame.

#58 AnalyticalEngine

AnalyticalEngine

The Seeker

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

The fact that Kevin Bacon was in it kind of deterred me away, but I might just check it out since everybody seems to love it so much...

#59 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8319 posts
  • Interests:The Ocean

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

I agree   i am kind of getting bored with it...To many characters to keep track of too!  Yeah whats with the commericials...i watch it on FOX  not sure what you all watch it on.

#60 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

Coach Cheesehead

• Members
  • 21420 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostXanadoood, on 12 March 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

View Postthesweetscience, on 12 March 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm bored with it but I'll finish out the season. This cult is the least scary I've ever seen. Lame.

I had that same feeling a couple weeks ago. Like in the latest episode, when they got to the dock. First thing I said was "disable their getaway car"... They didn't hear me :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users