2013 - 05/03 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena

Went by the arena to pick up some tickets for another event.....EASY walk from your hotel and Backyard Bistro, maybe 300 to 400 yards door to door.

Hell, you could basically crawl if you needed to :hail: :clap: .

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Making the drive up from Atlanta! Now have to find a hotel, get a dog-sitter, all that fun stuff.

Comfort Suites was a bit more than I wanted to pay. Got a room at Hawthorn Suites-Wyndham for $47 (including tax) on Hotwire, and it's about 2.5 miles from the venue.

There is actually an area between the hotel and Backyard Bistro that you can park. I asked at the bar and they "sometimes" they charge a couple of bucks to park there but it is easy in and out or you could just park at the arena and walk over for a beer and some food.

Making the drive up from Atlanta! Now have to find a hotel, get a dog-sitter, all that fun stuff.

Maybe the stars will align and we can meet!! We are staying at the Comfort Suites and will be traveling to the show via shoe leather.

Comfort Suites was a bit more than I wanted to pay. Got a room at Hawthorn Suites-Wyndham for $47 (including tax) on Hotwire, and it's about 2.5 miles from the venue.

Same here. Wife didn't appreciate nice room for the show in Alpharetta, so I scaled it back a little, to save $. She didn't like the standing at that show, so we got lower level seats, row Q, I think. It won't be bad. Just have to find a dog sitter, now.

When I went home for the Christmas holiday, I was already scouting out my next residence. And wouldn't you know it, there was a street there called Geddy House Lane.

There is also a "Lifeson Way" in Cary, a few blocks from my Mom's.

Mara and Aikenrooster, there is a Mongolian grill just up the street from your hotel. Not a bad place to eat. I ate there on occasion during my lunch hour. There is also the S&A cafeteria up there too which was pretty good.

Mara and Aikenrooster, there is a Mongolian grill just up the street from your hotel. Not a bad place to eat. I ate there on occasion during my lunch hour. There is also the S&A cafeteria up there too which was pretty good.

Ah, the Snakes and Arrows cafeteria...sounds like a nice place to eat before a Rush concert!!! Thanks for the info!!!

Ah, the Snakes and Arrows cafeteria...sounds like a nice place to eat before a Rush concert!!! Thanks for the info!!!

Actually, it's the D&S cafeteria. Got my letters mixed up! The Mongolian grill is called "Crazy Fire". I'm assuming these places still exist. You get a bowl, fill it up with your choice of meat and veggies, take to the cook, they cook it for you. You pick up your favorite sauce as well. There is an art to piling the bowl with as much as you can.

Actually, it's the D&S cafeteria. Got my letters mixed up! The Mongolian grill is called "Crazy Fire". I'm assuming these places still exist. You get a bowl, fill it up with your choice of meat and veggies, take to the cook, they cook it for you. You pick up your favorite sauce as well. There is an art to piling the bowl with as much as you can.

Yum! I love Mongolian grill.

(And at least you didn't type S&M Cafeteria. Though I am sure that would appeal to some).

Sure wish you could make it.

(And at least you didn't type S&M Cafeteria. Though I am sure that would appeal to some).

Do y'all think this show will sell out?

Wish I could as well! But I am going to RushCon and will be seeing them in Hamilton with RushCon attendees. But a hometown show in Raleigh is something!

Throwing out this idea................Raleigh in May is awesome weather..........PNC has no problem with tailgating as I do it all the time for Hurricanes hockey games..........How about an awesome Rush tailgate party??? I have a grill and table and coolers as well as a game of Golf Toss.........nice grassy areas...........frisbees, street hockey etc.....bring your own beer, chip in for other items......I'm sure we can figure it out. If there is interest I'll help organize it........thoughts?

You're right, Raleigh is awesome in May ,with the exception of all the pollen. In any case, sounds like a good idea.

Hell yeah....In for sure.

By May the pollen is mostly gone, right now on the other hand....AAGGGHHH!

We will obviously bring some stuff to drink but what else???? Maybe some chop meat and franks??

By the way I am in WF also if you need help getting stuff together.

I'm definitely thinking of tailgating. We always do this for Gamecocks football games and sometimes high school games. If I can find some more shrimp, on sale, I love to make Steven Reichlen's famous green lightning shrimp!

Well........Once I get back from the RRHOF ceremony :haz: I'll start getting things organized. I have a Grill, a few chairs, table and some coolers. I'd say we keep it to a bunch of grilled items and we can post what we will bring food wise.......everyone should provide their own beverages. Sound like a plan?

Archived