• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#161 Snaked

Snaked

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3339 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Cincinnati - July 2nd - essentially confirmed.
Tix should go on sale next week (probably).

Sponsored Post

#162 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21752 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

View Postrushfanforever!, on 18 February 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 17 February 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

View Postrushfanforever!, on 17 February 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

View PostSnaked, on 17 February 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

View Postrushfanforever!, on 17 February 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

View Postlikeclockwork, on 15 February 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

View Postbathory, on 14 February 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

what about another atlanta?

Nope.  The leg beginning late June is Northeast --> Midwest --> Canada --> ending in the Northeast.  Then the final few dates after a break are NW Canada --> Northwest --> Midwest.

How about another Indy or St. Louis show?

Odds are against either of those cities this year.
Any city that isn't Chicago, NYC or possibly somewhere in California most likely wont get a show if they had one in 2012.

Closest show to Indy will probably be Cincy and the closest to St. Louis will be KC.

Cincy??  Well, considering I drove 8.5 hrs to Indy, what's another 4!!!  I've been to KC before so that's about 11 hours....really looking for "smaller" indoor venues like Indy and Hershey as I've never been to an outdoor summer rock concert before; probably hot as hell and I can't take the heat anymore...concerned about missing half of the light show as well.

You drove 8 1/2 hours? I don't feel so bad driving 8 hours to Atlanta last November then. :P Luckily I live half an hour from Cincy, so that one will be easy. Usually I have to drive at least a couple of hours.

Yep, I know I'm crazy, but hey it's :rush: !!!  (Hubby thought I was out of my mind!)  Did a big loop...drove down to Indy show first, then back up to the Chicago show, then came home to WI.  The best road trip I've done by myself!!!   So you're a half hour from Cincy, that's great!!  How is the venue there?

If they actually do play Riverbend, it's nice. I've been to a few concerts there. It's your typical outside amphitheater. Yeah I drove to Atlanta myself too. Mine was a great trip too.

#163 Prince of Tyrus

Prince of Tyrus

The Seeker

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostAikenrooster, on 30 January 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

View PostPrince of Tyrus, on 30 January 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

I'm hoping the dates for the second part of the North American tour will be released soon.  Since they will finish up in Europe on June 10th and assuming they take a two week break after that; they should start back up in late June.  

I'm really wanting to see when they will play Halifax.  I've been to many places in the beautiful country of Canada; but never Nova Scotia.  Hoping they play there anytime late June to early August (vacation + see RUSH or see RUSH + vacation either way it's win-win)!!!

Anyone else here thinking of going to Halifax to see RUSH?
Go, please...Nova Scotia is one of the most beautiful places on earth.  I got to deliver there 3 times, back when I drove for Club Car.  Nova Scotia RULES!!!
Go to Cape Breton if possible, for breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean.
You got the ocean, farmland, rolling hills, forests, and mountains all rolled into one province.  It's a poor province, and a lot of people don't have jobs, but they're super friendly.  My best trucking memories are from Nova Scotia.  Plus, if you go in June or July, it gets daylight at 4am and doesn't get dark until 11pm and the temps are very cool.
Oh yeah, don't forget about Digby...super huge scallops there ....yum yum.

I'm going to take your advice.  I grabbed a couple of VIP tickets the second they went on sale today.  My wife and I will trade the Texas July heat for a nice 2 week vacation in Nova Scotia.  And see RUSH of course.

#164 Ninja15

Ninja15

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Great idea....you'll love Nova Scotia. Be sure to set aside a a couple days to do the Cabot Trail around Cape Breton....you won't be disappointed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users