Too smart? Or whatever . . .

lal90RushFan

I've got a question for you ladies and gentlemen.

Have you ever had an experience where you've been made to feel (or even told) by the opposite sex that you're too smart, too outgoing, etc.? And I don't mean an incident where you were showing off (we've all been there . . . probably). I mean an incident where you were just being your normal self, and you felt that you had to "edit" your personality.

In your opinion, is there such a thing as too much of [insert good quality here] in a person?

• Like 1

Obviously I don't know the details of your situation, but if someone of the opposite sex tells you that you are too smart, and they are saying it in a negative way, you should immediately thank them for showing you that they are not worth your time.
  • Like 4

Obviously I don't know the details of your situation, but if someone of the opposite sex tells you that you are too smart, and they are saying it in a negative way, you should immediately thank them for showing you that they are not worth your time.

You rock, sir. :)

It's not a situation that's happened to me lately, but it has happened in the past, and I did tell those particular people something to that effect. I was just wondering if this has happened to other people, and if so, what their opinion on the matter is.

Buddy, listen to me. I am old and bald, so automatically I know lots of stuff. So, if any guy says this kind of crap to you, he is far below your level of awesomeness and you should tell him to go and eff himself.

Find someone who isn't still living at the fifth grade level.

• Like 1

Buddy, listen to me. I am old and bald, so automatically I know lots of stuff. So, if any guy says this kind of crap to you, he is far below your level of awesomeness and you should tell him to go and eff himself.

Find someone who isn't still living at the fifth grade level.

Ha! Agreed. I couldn't help but think of past situations and I wondered if anyone else has experienced something similar. I'm sure that's the case, as there are always jerks floating about.

Yes, I have. My response has been as Sheldon and TBR have indicated. And, in my mind, I usually add "and the horse you rode in on too".

We are all unique like a snowflake. Just like everyone else.

• Like 1

I once had a GF who often told me I treated her "too well." So, one night while eating a nice dinner that I made, I said, "Hey, you ugly piece of shit, could you pass me the f*ckin' potatoes." Then, I belched, farted, started scratching my onions and wiped a booger on her shoulder. I might be "slightly" exaggerating, but not by much.

She was my EX GF right after that dinner. She was an idiot anyway... I don't know why I was even with her. But, that was 20 years ago and I'm guessing that my "main digit" was doing the thinking rather than my brain...

Bottom line - don't take any crap from anyone, especially someone of the opposite sex. If they say mean things to you, they really don't care about you. Obviously. They can take shots at you all they want, but they can never take your pride or the stuff inside of you - that makes you you.

One of the reasons I've been single for quite a while now is that I refuse to take any crap from anyone. Right now, my campfire is my "partner." She never complains, she's always "in the mood" and she never lets me down. She's "smokin' hot" too...

Hard not to like that...

• Like 1

I once had a GF who often told me I treated her "too well." So, one night while eating a nice dinner that I made, I said, "Hey, you ugly piece of shit, could you pass me the f*ckin' potatoes." Then, I belched, farted, started scratching my onions and wiped a booger on her shoulder. I might be "slightly" exaggerating, but not by much.

She was my EX GF right after that dinner. She was an idiot anyway... I don't know why I was even with her. But, that was 20 years ago and I'm guessing that my "main digit" was doing the thinking rather than my brain...

Bottom line - don't take any crap from anyone, especially someone of the opposite sex. If they say mean things to you, they really don't care about you. Obviously. They can take shots at you all they want, but they can never take your pride or the stuff inside of you - that makes you you.

One of the reasons I've been single for quite a while now is that I refuse to take any crap from anyone. Right now, my campfire is my "partner." She never complains, she's always "in the mood" and she never lets me down. She's "smokin' hot" too...

Hard not to like that...

I wish you two much happiness.

Yes, honestly, breaking up with people like that is the best feeling in the world. It's like you've been let out of prison.

And I always say I look so good single anyway. ;D