Any White Water Rafters Here?

Patty

For many years I've been telling myself I'll get serious about rafting. And after a five hour trip on the Snake River earlier this week, I decided that I need to graduate to week-long trips, (or at least a few days at a time!)

Any rafters here? Where should I go for "lessons"?

QUOTE (Patty @ Jun 26 2005, 07:05 AM)
For many years I've been telling myself I'll get serious about rafting. And after a five hour trip on the Snake River earlier this week, I decided that I need to graduate to week-long trips, (or at least a few days at a time!)

Any rafters here? Where should I go for "lessons"?

I think Barney Rebel likes a bit of this cool.gif

last summer we went on a white water rafting trip to W. Virginia...

was soooooooo much fun!!!!!

see?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/white%20water%20rafting/AWWR81404013.jpg

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jun 26 2005, 03:26 AM)
QUOTE (Patty @ Jun 26 2005, 07:05 AM)
For many years I've been telling myself I'll get serious about rafting.  And after a five hour trip on the Snake River earlier this week, I decided that I need to graduate to week-long trips, (or at least a few days at a time!)

Any rafters here?  Where should I go for "lessons"?

I think Barney Rebel likes a bit of this cool.gif

I almost lost my new wife twice on this river... on our honeymoon

http://www.bruceandtheresa.com/images/Honeymoon/rafting.jpg

This is how we do it in Phoenix...

http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/bluepoint.jpg

I scanned a postcard, but the Bluepoint Bridge from which the picture was taken is very familiar to me. The people float on intertubes, stuff coolers full of beer into intertubes, build large pyramid shaped radios that fit into the intertubes, and wrap bedsheets around intertubes to let their dogs "tube" too. Some just park on the shore of the Lower Salt River and watch the world float by. Bluepoint is just around the bend from pirate island...no shit, they'll raid your cooler. Bastards! 1287.gif No, mostly they scavenge styrofoam coolers that broke apart in "the rapids" laugh.gif Anyway, the river flows at between 1200 and 1800 cubic feet per second at a most refreshing 68 degrees which is heavenly when the sun is blistering the desert with temps upwards of 105 (once its hotter than 105, you can't really tell how hot it is...except that its JUST TOO FREAKIN HOT.) There are several points with parking lots and bus service so you can choose how long you want to spend floating, AND it's an excellent setting for listening to Tom Sawyer smile.gif

I went when I was at a Basketball camp in Jasper...yea it was soooo much fun....bootcamp in the beinning and fun at the end! anyways on our second last day, you could go White Water rafting, my friends and I went and it was sooooo much freaking fun!!! I don't know what river we were on but it was crazy! Beside us the whole time were the guys from the same camp and we said we would get in the water for I think it was 5 mins and they should too....Yea holy crap...the water was freaking cold...the guys didn't go in tho...too chickendance.gif chickendance.gif I guess z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jun 26 2005, 08:35 AM)
White water rafting is just retarded.

Same with skydiving

Oh yeah.....well, well, your retarded! um, um, duh. Why post things like that Dweeble?

You haven't rafted until you do a 14 day trip through the Grand Canyon! That is so intense!!

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jun 26 2005, 05:02 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Jun 26 2005, 08:35 AM)

Same with skydiving

Oh yeah.....well, well, your retarded! um, um, duh. Why post things like that Dweeble?

You haven't rafted until you do a 14 day trip through the Grand Canyon! That is so intense!!

Because I am retarded.

Delete it then. I dont give a flying f**k

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jun 26 2005, 06:29 PM)
QUOTE (sundog @ Jun 26 2005, 07:23 PM)
ANYHOOOOOO

Whitewater rafting is so much fun..... biggrin.gif

We could plan a group trip for next summer!  laugh.gif

That would be amazing man...

Who's in?????

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Jun 26 2005, 05:41 PM)
ANYHOOOOOO

Who's in?????

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

Not the retard

QUOTE (sundog @ Jun 26 2005, 07:41 PM)
ANYHOOOOOO

Who's in?????

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

I am sooo down.

QUOTE (sundog @ Jun 26 2005, 04:41 PM)
ANYHOOOOOO

Who's in?????

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

I'm game biggrin.gif

I'll be there for certain!!!

launchpad, rafting through the Grand Canyon would be the ULTIMATE. In fact, the only thing that might be more exciting would be skydiving in to the canyon wink.gif

Anyway, a rafting trip ANYWHERE with a bunch of Rush people would be a blast!

QUOTE (Patty @ Jun 26 2005, 10:29 PM)
I'll be there for certain!!!

launchpad, rafting through the Grand Canyon would be the ULTIMATE. In fact, the only thing that might be more exciting would be skydiving in to the canyon wink.gif

Anyway, a rafting trip ANYWHERE with a bunch of Rush people would be a blast!

I live right where all the downriver Grand Canyon trips originate from. A lot of my friends are 'river runners', they're a cool group of guys and gals.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jun 26 2005, 10:35 AM)

Same with skydiving

I live less than an hour from some of the best class IV white water in the world and I have never been. tell you the truth, I'm scared of other people in the boat. I have been freediving for 16 years and have witness the lack of skills and confidence around water that makes me just a little nervous about getting into a boat with a bunch first timers.

dive safe!!!!

again, we witness the mindless lack of awarness about aviation that allowed the terrorist to waltz through the airline gates and change our country forever.

your lack of background knowledge and your apathy makes us weak.

fly safe!!!

blake

united states hang gliding assoc pilot #72673

Archived