NHL IS BACK: 2013 NHL Season

Cygnus 2112

Apparently Cam Barker is getting a tryout with the Canucks at training camp. Is it too late to restart the lockout?

(so is this gonna be the thread for the truncated season?)

A lot of people in Chicago was sorry to see Barker go, including me. He may not have been a top defenseman on the Hawks but he always looked comfortable with the puck. As far as the thread goes, I vote - Y :hockeygoon: E :hockeygoon: S

He showed promise in Chicago, but ever since he's been an unqualified disaster...the Leddy trade looks like an absolute coup in hindsight. Arguably the worst defenceman on the Oilers last season, and that's saying something...

Apparently Cam Barker is getting a tryout with the Canucks at training camp. Is it too late to restart the lockout?

A lot of people in Chicago was sorry to see Barker go, including me. He may not have been a top defenseman on the Hawks but he always looked comfortable with the puck. As far as the thread goes, I vote - Y :hockeygoon: E :hockeygoon: S

He showed promise in Chicago, but ever since he's been an unqualified disaster...the Leddy trade looks like an absolute coup in hindsight. Arguably the worst defenceman on the Oilers last season, and that's saying something...

I'm not sure about Leddy. He's had a bad season for the Icehogs so far and he hasn't been lighting it up, when playing for the Hawks, with higher quality pairings than in Rockford.

I'm not sure about Leddy. He's had a bad season for the Icehogs so far and he hasn't been lighting it up, when playing for the Hawks, with higher quality pairings than in Rockford.

Eh, I'd still take him over Barker any day of the week....

So, here's what the schedule is going to look like for this season:

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

Each team plays: 4 games vs. two Divisional opponents (8); 5 games vs. two divisional opponents (10); 3 games vs 10 Conference rivals (30).

I bet the Leafs end up getting 5 games against Boston. *stocks up on hard liquor*

Edited by invisibleairwaves

Each team plays: 4 games vs. two Divisional opponents (8); 5 games vs. two divisional opponents (10); 3 games vs 10 Conference rivals (30).

I bet the Leafs end up getting 5 games against Boston. *stocks up on hard liquor*

Works for me, as long as we get Columbus 5 times. Is Luongo going to Toronto?

Loads of speculation, lots of Vancouver scouts at Marlies games, but no real news yet.

As for Central Division games...the Hawks pretty much have to be the big favourites, no? Detroit lost Lidstrom, Nashville lost Suter, there's a good chance St. Louis's goaltending will regress, and of course LOLumbus. Might not be the hard-fought division that it was last season. I guess anything could happen in a shortened season, though.

Loads of speculation, lots of Vancouver scouts at Marlies games, but no real news yet.

As for Central Division games...the Hawks pretty much have to be the big favourites, no? Detroit lost Lidstrom, Nashville lost Suter, there's a good chance St. Louis's goaltending will regress, and of course LOLumbus. Might not be the hard-fought division that it was last season. I guess anything could happen in a shortened season, though.

I think the 'Nucks should hold on to Luongo for this season. With a condensed season, you're going to need to rely on both of your Goalies because of the more games in a shoter period of time. Trade him in the offseason. or maybe use one of those contract buyouts.

Making the playoffs should be a given. Winning the division, however, will rest on Crawford's performance in goal. I am so unsure of his ability, that I spent a few seconds thinking about Roloson coming to Chicago. :spitwater:

I think the 'Nucks should hold on to Luongo for this season. With a condensed season, you're going to need to rely on both of your Goalies because of the more games in a shoter period of time. Trade him in the offseason. or maybe use one of those contract buyouts.

Agreed. By the end of the season, Burke's back will really be up against the wall, and maybe another suitor or two will emerge as well. And I really want to see Lu get another shot at a Cup here before he gets banished to some dysfunctional market somewhere.

Agreed. By the end of the season, Burke's back will really be up against the wall, and maybe another suitor or two will emerge as well. And I really want to see Lu get another shot at a Cup here before he gets banished to some dysfunctional market somewhere.

Unless Burke gets fired before this season even starts :unsure:

Unless Burke gets fired before this season even starts :unsure:

https://twitter.com/...060032434302976

Just saw that. What in the actual f*ck is going on?

edit: and now there's already speculation that this is about a Luongo trade...perhaps Burke was opposed and now Nonis will do the job? I don't even...This is kind of mindblowing, just before the start of the season...

Edited by invisibleairwaves

Greg Brady@bradyfan590

I realize this is VERY speculative, but told by a source Randy Carlyle is "not exactly safe". I trust this source impeccably. Wow.

The plot thickens?

Might as well fire Kessel, Lupul, and Phaneuf while they're at it! :yes:

#tanknation?

Dammit, I work tonight so I'm supposed to go sleep soon. Gonna be madly refreshing Twitter all day now.

I mean, it's not like this isn't totally justified based on Burke's record as GM. But that record hasn't changed since April. Why throw the organization into turmoil ten days before a short season starts? This is weird.

Makes no sense to me. I don't see any reason for this to happen right now.

I mean, it's not like this isn't totally justified based on Burke's record as GM. But that record hasn't changed since April. Why throw the organization into turmoil ten days before a short season starts? This is weird.

Makes no sense to me. I don't see any reason for this to happen right now.

From June, on the possibility of Burke losing his job.

Nonis is now GM.