11 - Best Song From Power Windows

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1143 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• The Big Money
    • Grand Designs
    • Manhattan Project
    • Marathon
    • Territories
    • Middletown Dreams
    • Emotion Detector
    • Mystic Rhythms

And another for "Manhattan Project"--though the album is another really strong one, making choices tough. Love the way the music drops out at "--Flying out of the shockwave"! (Amused by the same strategy when used in "Stick It Out" at the end of the 1st verse for "Don't swallow your tongue"...) Edited by MiriyaB

Ive gone for MIDDLETOWN DREAMS but just slightly ahead of MANHATTON PROJECT and MARATHON. This is a really strong album. yes.gif

I used to dislike "Grand Designs" because I thought the lyrics were a bit dopey. Now I realize their brilliance and I'm making up for lost time - it's my current favorite on the album.

But this album is terrific as a whole, is it not??

I'll have you know I have about three or four Rush albums on 8-track, one on vinyl, about 10 on CD, and have never downloaded a single Rush song off iTunes/Kazaa/whatever.

And obviously if we use the word "album" we know what it means; don't try to sound high-and-mighty by insulting our intelligence.

This one's really hard, considering it's one of my absolute favorite albums. But I went with Middletown Dreams smile.gif That song does it for me everytime!

This is really the only "past moving pictures" album i truly enjoy. I like a lot of these songs, so it was pretty difficult to decide my favorite, sort of like the "pre-MP" stuff.

Anyway, i picked Marathon. I just recintly got into this song. I eel this unexplainable emotion when i hear "From First to last, the peak is never past". I almost feel like crying. Its a beautiful song.

Anywho, how does one decide? I love all their songs and one "best" is virtually impossible. I spoke to music majors and they're blown away that Rush is a rock band capable of implementing theories: Escape Tones

Circle of Fifth

enharmonic

cadence (music)

sonata form

chromatic circle

It's amazing how once pigeonholed, always a talentless

1) Big Money - big bass riffs, 'nuff said

2) Mystic Rhythms - didn't quite get this one until I saw R30. Blew me away

3) Manhattan Project - cool song with interesting subject matter

4) Marathon - very musical, cool bass parts