10 Most Epic Tracks of the 60's

rushgoober

take that flower power shit outta here

Is it possible to 'dislike' a comment?

I smite thee, bathory.

Even the '60's weren't all flower power. There was a yin and yang, so to speak.

• Like 1

I smite thee, bathory.

Even the '60's weren't all flower power. There was a yin and yang, so to speak.

Yeah, I'm aware of that...I just thought it was sort of uncalled for.

Speaking of that yang to the yin...I don't think anyone has mentioned Roky Erickson/13th Floor Elevators, and others in that vein...the original garage rock. But that may be because it falls short of what one would call 'epic'.

• Like 1

I smite thee, bathory.

I forgot to use 20 emoticons, flower child...

I just felt like the thread needed a little kick in the ass and a little less COME ON PEOPLE NOOOW

I smite thee, bathory.

I just felt like the thread needed a little kick in the ass and a little less COME ON PEOPLE NOOOW

Then contribute some songs to it.

I smite thee, bathory.

Then contribute some songs to it.

I contributed an entire album, and one you haven't heard, too!

Classic album. I actually cited that one in the Albums A-Z thread this morning. (I hadn't even looked at your link- the thread was up to V, so I gave it one).

You seem to presume a lot about the music that I either know or don't know. Maybe you'll grow out of that sometime.

Classic album. I actually cited that one in the Albums A-Z thread this morning. (I hadn't even looked at your link- the thread was up to V, so I gave it one).

You seem to presume a lot about the music that I either know or don't know. Maybe you'll grow out of that sometime.

I assumed you hadn't heard vincebus eruptum (it's not obscure or anything but most people haven't heard it), sure, but tell me about all the other times I've made assumptions about the music you've heard and haven't heard. you can't.

rush fans are typically older folks with a fetish for all things arena rock, and many of them don't go much deeper. I wouldn't expect most folks here to have listened to burzum or a tribe called quest either.

you sensed some derision in my tone when you read my post on the internet?

Yes, little man. I did.

(See how that works? You could sense that too, couldn't you?)

Nice pick.

I'm sensing a little bitchiness, not so much derision :P

I assumed you hadn't heard vincebus eruptum (it's not obscure or anything but most people haven't heard it), sure, but tell me about all the other times I've made assumptions about the music you've heard and haven't heard. you can't.

rush fans are typically older folks with a fetish for all things arena rock, and many of them don't go much deeper. I wouldn't expect most folks here to have listened to burzum or a tribe called quest either.

And some younger Rush fans have chips on their shoulders.

I didn't make my initial comment about your initial post in this thread in order to start some kind of pissing match. When I used the word 'smite' and the Middle English 'thee', I had intended to convey a little playfulness; it was light of heart (even though I did mean it).

You've led me to descend into something I hadn't planned, and I apologize to everyone who has had to our little diatribe.

I'll be going now.

Bathory, too bad you weren't alive back then. You would have loved it, and you would have fit right in. :LOL:

were there snotty musical know-it-all's like me even back in the old days? :)

Oh, yeah. Plenty. Mostly guys. Always arguing over who was the best guitarist and stuff like that. :)

• Like 1

As far as The Doors go, I'm going with When The Music's Over. The End is more popular but this one is more epic and grand to me especially with that "WE WANT THE WORLD AND WE WANT IT NOW!" part.

:LOL: I had forgotten that, but you are right. That song and Soft Parade: "When I was back there in seminary school...."

• Like 1

And some younger Rush fans have chips on their shoulders.

I didn't make my initial comment about your initial post in this thread in order to start some kind of pissing match. When I used the word 'smite' and the Middle English 'thee', I had intended to convey a little playfulness; it was light of heart (even though I did mean it).

You've led me to descend into something I hadn't planned, and I apologize to everyone who has had to our little diatribe.

I'll be going now.

"The phrase having a chip on one's shoulder refers to holding a grudge or grievance that readily provokes disputation." wrong again...

if I recall correctly, you're the one who got upset when I called you "flower child," and you seemed a little annoyed that I assumed not everyone in the world listens to blue cheer.

but anyway, yes, please be going now. I'll be ready to have another pissing match anytime you'd like. at this point, I think I've probably shared more music than you have. begone, troll! :P

oh and another thing, I'm not so stupid that I think someone talking like it's the middle ages is being serious.

Edited by bathory

Jefferson Airplane - Somebody to Love

Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets

Cream - Crossroads

East of Eden - Centaur Woman

King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man

Led Zeppelin - Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid

Frank Zappa - The Gumbo Variations

Some of my favorites that I don't think have been mentioned yet :D

Signed,

Willie the Pimp :haz:

I like these