11 Amazing facts about the McDonald's McRib

barney_rebel

But "tripe, hearts, and scalded stomach"????? Even haggis sounds (marginally) more appetizing than that.

As someone who has eaten haggis, I can tell you that a McRib is many times more delicious.

But "tripe, hearts, and scalded stomach"????? Even haggis sounds (marginally) more appetizing than that.

As someone who has eaten haggis, I can tell you that a McRib is many times more delicious.

Never seen a haggis...

Never seen a haggis...

Me neither...what is it???? :huh:

Never seen a haggis...

You've never heard of Haggis??? The bloody Scots eat it!

Never seen a haggis...

It's pretty much a Scottish sausage made from every left over part of a sheep. You can get it encased in the sheep's intestine, but the form I ate it in was a mush out of a bowl with a spoon.

Never seen a haggis...

It's pretty much a Scottish sausage made from every left over part of a sheep. You can get it encased in the sheep's intestine, but the form I ate it in was a mush out of a bowl with a spoon.

OMG!! GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never seen a haggis...

You've never heard of Haggis??? The bloody Scots eat it!

I've heard of it, my sweet, just never seen one. Now I've seen your description, I'm thinking thank Gawd I haven't seen it. I think I need a lie-down...

Never seen a haggis...

So if you had to eat one, a McRib, or a Haggis link, which would you choose?

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/haggis_recipe_zps926bce35.jpg

Edited by Sheldon Cooper

The insane part of the McRib fascination is how people spaz out when they hear it's back on the menu. It's as if they live for the press release of the McNasty so they can finally eat something worth eating.

And to answer the above question, I would easily choose haggis over the McNast. I don't care. I am not eating McIck.

Never seen a haggis...

How'd it taste?

Never seen a haggis...

It looks like a ruptured stomach. :P

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s410/datura67/Screenshot_1-2_zps243f3751.png

Never seen a haggis...

It looks like a ruptured stomach. :P

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s410/datura67/Screenshot_1-2_zps243f3751.png

No disrespect, but I think I'm gonna barf........

Never seen a haggis...

Neither, mate... Neither...

Never seen a haggis...

How'd it taste?

Like a wet, dirty sheep.

Never seen a haggis...

OMG, Make that two!!!!...I think I'm done eating for at least a week after seeing these disgusting pics!!!!!!....scrambling to find my barf bag now.....too many Coronas from last night's game isn't helping....Ugghhhh.....

Edited by rushfanforever!

As long as haggis doesn't reek I'd try it. For me, smell followed by texture are the 2 most important things when it comes to food. A good-looking dish is swell but not that important really. There are plenty of dishes I've eaten that looked like hell but actually tasted good. However, I can't think of any nasty-smelling dishes I've had that were delicious.

McRib, spam, vienna sausage, and other mainstream items that are collectively deemed "gross" have yet to kill me. So yeah, put some haggis on my plate. I wanna see what it's like. :blaze:

Never seen a haggis...

OMG, Make that two!!!!...I think I'm done eating for at least a week after seeing these disgusting pics!!!!!!....scrambling to find my barf bag now.....too many Coronas from last night's game isn't helping....Ugghhhh.....

Proper haggis is actually cooked IN a sheep's stomach. It's a mixture of oatmeal, leftover sheep parts that no one would dream of eating otherwise, currants (I think), and other shit.

I remember when I was about 17... were at a friend's place... they were Scottish, of course. The guy's mom fed us haggis for dinner, so I ate it being the polite little Canadian boy that I was (and still am, kind of). We didn't really know what it was either. Long story short - we went out that night and well, um... we "had been drinking" and I ended the night by thowing up on a policeman's foot at about midnight.

Classic adolescent activity!

Never seen a haggis...

Proper haggis is actually cooked IN a sheep's stomach. It's a mixture of oatmeal, leftover sheep parts that no one would dream of eating otherwise, currants (I think), and other shit.

That's right! It's the stomach, not the intestines.

Never seen a haggis...

Where's that barf bag gone..?!

Never seen a haggis...

Where's that barf bag gone..?!

All filled up, want another?? Coming right up!!

Actually, that picture works pretty good at appetite suppression...just one look and you forget about eating!!! I put a color picture on the refrigerator just in case.....