74 replies to this topic

#21 Animate

Animate

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Interests:Lost Horizons

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Wow!  That is really really amazing!  The picture selection is excellent, and so many visual and audial funny bits - like the RtB "that's nice" in Xanadu, and the fleeting picture of the triangle in Hemispheres - lol

My favorite part was being a bit "ho - hum" about Bastille Day being the choice from COS, and then.. The Necromancer kicked it!  :dweez:

Sponsored Post

#22 Animate

Animate

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Interests:Lost Horizons

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

OK, still listening!  Just finished the bits of TFOL and onto the solo in Here Again....  it is like my dream Rush setlist!  :D :D :D

#23 Broncos730

Broncos730

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Wow Pags that was utterly fantastic.  Good job man!  And thanks!

#24 Pags

Pags

Surge of Adrenaline

• 19169 posts
  • Interests:Drumming, Firefighting. Love workin' on projects around my house and spending time with my wife and kids. Rush goes with anything.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Hey thanks so much for the kind words.  I'm really glad there are some folks who have enjoyed it.

:cheers:

#25 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

I just sat and watched/played along with the video and it's great! Love it. Very well done.

#26 Rmprog77

Rmprog77

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Rush

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Cool video, very nicely put together ! What program were you using - I think someone else asked but did not see reply. Just curious. Thanks. :D

#27 Pags

Pags

Surge of Adrenaline

• 19169 posts
  • Interests:Drumming, Firefighting. Love workin' on projects around my house and spending time with my wife and kids. Rush goes with anything.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

View PostRmprog77, on 27 February 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

Cool video, very nicely put together ! What program were you using - I think someone else asked but did not see reply. Just curious. Thanks. :D

Thanks!  I see you're new to TRF so welcome here.  I've recevied some really nice comments both here and on YouTube and each one of them is highly appreciated.  The audio mix was done several years ago using a very old version of Adobe Premiere.  I made it using lossless .wav files so the sound quality would not be reduced.  The audio mixing tools on Premiere allowed for three levels of audio tracks to be overlapped which I utilized often during song transitions.  Sometimes there is a lot going on at the same time to help make the switch between songs somehow flow.  It took several iterations (train wrecks) and many times walking away from it for a while until an idea that made sense would finally hit me.  There was more I wanted to do with it, but I litererally ran out of time.  The mix is 78 minutes long and a CD can't hold more than 80 minutes.  I think that limitation is a good thing or I'd probably still be working on it and building it into an even more massive monster than it already is.  :wacko:

The video is a slide show on steroids using nothing more than Windows Movie Maker.  It's made using a collection pics from the web, several screen snaps I made myself from various videos (so you won't see them anywhere else), and video clips either saved from YouTube or ripped from my Rush DVDs.  The audio file was dropped into the Movie Maker program, and each slide was added in linear style from 00:00 to 1:18:18.

The .mp4 file is a little more than 2.2GB.  I haven't tried burning it to a DVD yet, but I really should.  Then I can hand copies out to my fellow TRF Rush heads at the next Rush show (if I'm lucky enough to attend one).  :lol:

Sorry.. long answer to a short question.  :cheers:

#28 Rmprog77

Rmprog77

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Rush

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Thanks for the reply and the warm welcome. Glad to be here. Maybe I will have a chance to get one of those dvds sometime. :cool:

#29 Ged Lent's sis

Ged Lent's sis

The Seeker

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:A 3rd best Rush experience: My 1st concert ever: Permanent Waves. See OTHER FAVE BANDS for poem about it.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

Alone from your "reviews are in" I can hear that you did an amazing job on (and put a lot of painstaking love into) this thing. Too bad it's been ripped away from the web before I could watch it.

#30 Pags

Pags

Surge of Adrenaline

• 19169 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostGed Lent, on 29 April 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

Alone from your "reviews are in" I can hear that you did an amazing job on (and put a lot of painstaking love into) this thing. Too bad it's been ripped away from the web before I could watch it.
Hi GLS,

Thanks for the kind word.  I'm troubled by what you had said about the video not being available.  I can still see it fine, but now wonder if I'm the only one who can?  I have the video in my sig, let me know if you can view it.  Are you in the United States?  Perhaps this is a visibility issue based upon the country you're in?  Not sure.  I hope you can see it. :(

#31 Ged Lent's sis

Ged Lent's sis

The Seeker

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:A 3rd best Rush experience: My 1st concert ever: Permanent Waves. See OTHER FAVE BANDS for poem about it.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostPags, on 06 May 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

View PostGed Lent, on 29 April 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

Hi GLS,

Thanks for the kind word.  I'm troubled by what you had said about the video not being available.  I can still see it fine, but now wonder if I'm the only one who can?  I have the video in my sig, let me know if you can view it.  Are you in the United States?  Perhaps this is a visibility issue based upon the country you're in?  Not sure.  I hope you can see it. :(
You're probably right. I'm in Germany where, more often than in the US, YouToob blocks vids because of audio content. Though I have one other issue: I can't find your sig. :smash:  Come to think of it, mine is no longer visible either.

#32 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4651 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

It's in his sig and clearly visible to me in Canada.

#33 jruiz2112

jruiz2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Music, work, music, play, music, soccer, music...and so on and so forth....=) \m/

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

awesome, great job!!  RushOn!!!!   \m/

#34 Pags

Pags

Surge of Adrenaline

• 19169 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

View Postjruiz2112, on 11 May 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

awesome, great job!!  RushOn!!!!   \m/
Thanks!  :cheers:

#35 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4651 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

Do you have an .mp3 file for this song that I can download?

#36 brunosamppa

brunosamppa

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

#37 Pags

Pags

Surge of Adrenaline

• 19169 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

View Postbillybobjoe1881, on 14 May 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

Do you have an .mp3 file for this song that I can download?
Absolutely.

#38 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4651 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

How can I downlaod that?

#39 Pags

Pags

Surge of Adrenaline

• 19169 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

View Postbillybobjoe1881, on 14 May 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

How can I downlaod that?
Sorry, putting the link in as 'media' doesn't allow for download.  Here is the link... if you copy and paste it into your browser's address bar, it should let you save the file.  Let me know if that worked.

www.trfmusicians.com/audio/pags/pags_rush_medley.mp3

#40 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4651 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

I can't save from their.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users