Rush made the RRHOF - Name your top 5-10 bands that NEED to be in...

rushgoober

is this thread for bands that should be in the hall of fame or just any band we like that we would put in our personal "hall of fame"?

because honestly I can't ever see ELP in the hall of fame, as much as I like them

ELP is not even in my top 25 bands but they were Huge in the 70's and sold a ton of albums . I do know there is a 1% chance they get in

ELP are not in my top 25,000 bands! :LOL:

is this thread for bands that should be in the hall of fame or just any band we like that we would put in our personal "hall of fame"?

because honestly I can't ever see ELP in the hall of fame, as much as I like them

ELP is not even in my top 25 bands but they were Huge in the 70's and sold a ton of albums . I do know there is a 1% chance they get in

Who's this ELP you guys are talking about?

;)

;)

Actually it's ULB, Ummmerson, Lurch, and Barmy...

;)

My mistake. I think the Barmy guy was in the band Europe. Or maybe it was South America. Their debut album was decent, but after that it went downhill quick.

;)

My mistake. I think the Barmy guy was in the band Europe. Or maybe it was South America. Their debut album was decent, but after that it went downhill quick.

I think they were known as Utopia at first then it changed to Babylon and for a long time they were known as Wasteland, nowadays they're known as OFH (Old Folks Home!

;)

I think they were known as Utopia at first then it changed to Babylon and for a long time they were known as Wasteland, nowadays they're known as OFH (Old Folks Home!

I thought Hunt Sales was in that band. Maybe it was Soupy Sales.

Of the ultra-popular prog groups, ELP for me rate at the bottom. That said, they made many GREAT songs. They were just generally inconsistent on album, and sometimes a little of them goes a long way.

Still, I'd LOVE to see them enter the hall, and would say they deserve to be there, even though they'd be second tier for me of the bands not yet inducted.

Still, please, get The Moody Blues, Yes, King Crimson, Kiss, Deep Purple, Jethro Tull, etc. in their first. It's criminal that they're not in.

And if you really want to include a HUGELY influential and revolutionary band that wouldn't be a popular choice, but is more than worthy, induct Tangerine Dream.

https://www.youtube....h?v=w78ZQhWKJhM

hahaha gwar

That's right, GWAR.

And I will not rest untill those jaggoffs in the RRHOF truly recoignize the real genius that is of Oderius Orungous, Flattus Maximus and the rest of the Scumdogs of the Universe!

Deep Purple

Kraftwerk

Joy Division/New Order

Eno

Devo

Oh and i must add King Crimson inclusive of all their works and lineups.

No one in here so far has posted anyone I would disagree with and GWAR ROCKS!

but if any one posts Boston i will immediately put them in my column as having zero credibility in any musical discussion.

Edited by burgeranacoke

Of the ultra-popular prog groups, ELP for me rate at the bottom. That said, they made many GREAT songs. They were just generally inconsistent on album, and sometimes a little of them goes a long way.

Still, I'd LOVE to see them enter the hall, and would say they deserve to be there, even though they'd be second tier for me of the bands not yet inducted.

:goodone: Sure, they aren't that consistent, but you can't deny that they've had more hits that King Crimson and Jethro Tull combined :huh:

:goodone: Sure, they aren't that consistent, but you can't deny that they've had more hits that King Crimson and Jethro Tull combined :huh:

That's arguable (with Jethro Tull - obviously King Crimson didn't do "hits"), but that to me is immaterial. It's about importance and influence and quality for me - not about hits or popularity. Still, ELP is second tier, though a great and important band.. King Crimson will NEVER get inducted due to popularity - they're far less popular and known than Yes, Jethro Tull, The Moody Blues, Kiss, Deep Purple, Cat Stevens, ELP or most of the major acts not yet inducted, but they deserve it just as much!

Yes

(the forefathers of mainstream prog, so deserving)

Pat Benatar

Joan Jett

(both more talented than that smack addict blondie)

Deep Purple

The Smiths (how they are not in yet is outrageous)

Edited by greg2112

KISS - just do it already!

Ozzy - Sabbath needed to go first. Now, it's his time as a solo artist.

The Ramones

Yes

Deep Purple

Judas Priest

Motorhead

The next 2 should be in but are not at the "THEY MUST BE IN!!!" level:

Duran Duran - if ABBA and Blondie can get in, these guys should be in

Lionel Richie - Commodores and solo work, the guy can write a good song

Absolutely should be in (in no particular order save for the first one, the second one and the eighth one who all should've been in long ago):

1. Deep Purple

2. Yes

3. Kiss

4. Chicago (surprised they aren't already)

5. Judas Priest

6. Iron Maiden

7. Ozzy solo

8. Stevie Ray Vaughan

9. Moody Blues

10. War

11. Tommy James & The Shondells

12. King Crimson

13. Jethro Tull

I would not argue with.....

1. Doobie Bros.

2. Hall & Oates (almost think they should be in the list above....not my cup of tea but good pop music)

3. Journey (even though I hate them LOL)

4. Dire Straits (longer career would've got them easily)

5. Pat Benetar

6. Joan Jett

7. Steppenwolf

8. MC5

9. Jim Croce

10. The Cars

11. ELO

Boston

The Cars

Bad Brains

Nirvana

Pearl Jam

Alice in Chains

Soundgarden

Depeche Mode If GnR is in there, then DM should be in there too - One can learn a lot from the wisdom of Martin Gore, you know.

Yes

Kiss

Iron Maiden

Priest

That's arguable (with Jethro Tull - obviously King Crimson didn't do "hits"), but that to me is immaterial. It's about importance and influence and quality for me - not about hits or popularity. Still, ELP is second tier, though a great and important band.. King Crimson will NEVER get inducted due to popularity - they're far less popular and known than Yes, Jethro Tull, The Moody Blues, Kiss, Deep Purple, Cat Stevens, ELP or most of the major acts not yet inducted, but they deserve it just as much!

Well of course. It just helps to remember that that the Hall of "Fame" is a popularity contest and ELP was way more popular than most prog bands.

I would never ever put ELP above King Crimson, Moody Blues, or Cat Stevens :LOL:

Boston

The Cars

Bad Brains

Nirvana

Pearl Jam

Alice in Chains

Soundgarden

Depeche Mode If GnR is in there, then DM should be in there too - One can learn a lot from the wisdom of Martin Gore, you know.

Yes

Kiss

Iron Maiden

Priest

Gore is one of the best songwriters ever.

Also agree with the other poster on Duran Duran. Their 1st 3 albums are quite good. Hell, their 1st one is quite different from their usual stuff with a goth atmosphere on some of the songs like Night Boat and Friends Of Mine.