Do you know any musicians

barney_rebel

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Jun 26 2005, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Jun 26 2005, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (Rivendell @ Jun 26 2005, 08:38 AM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Jun 25 2005, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (Rivendell @ Jun 25 2005, 07:59 AM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jun 24 2005, 11:47 PM)
QUOTE (Rivendell @ Jun 24 2005, 09:51 AM)
I know Henry Rollins.

Good friends with his drummer.

OMG

I LOVE HENRY ROLLINS! wub.gif

Want his email address? Tell him Jeff gave it to you....HAHA.

Henry Rollins is hot drool1.gif smart and extremely talented.

Have you read any of his books?

*Edit-he is also a huge Janes Addiction fan 1022.gif

Yeah, I have most of his books. Get in the Van is one of my Favs, and Solipsist.

If you check out the new one Mack is wearing my unit T-shirt in a pic. Pretty cool.

Sick! 1022.gif

A signed photo of Henry would rock. drool1.gif

All of my books and posters are signed. I actually believe he has signed stuff on his website www.21361.com

Or, if you have something you want signed you can send it to me and I can probably make it happen for you.

How do I send Henry to you? confused13.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jun 26 2005, 05:50 PM)

laugh.gif

Dunno, he's a pretty busy guy.

Did you see him in any movies? He was hilarious when he played a cop in that one movie with Charlie Sheen. Can't remember the name. He was also in Jack Frost and H.E.A.T.

He was also a cop in the beginning of Bad Boys II

He had some show like Junkayrd Wars also.

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Jun 26 2005, 08:54 AM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Jun 26 2005, 05:50 PM)

laugh.gif

Dunno, he's a pretty busy guy.

Did you see him in any movies? He was hilarious when he played a cop in that one movie with Charlie Sheen. Can't remember the name. He was also in Jack Frost and H.E.A.T.

He was also a cop in the beginning of Bad Boys II

He had some show like Junkayrd Wars also.

I just saw HEAT the other night! That man is never bad looking no.gif

Saw only a few of those programs of Junkyard Wars (or spinoff thereof). Those kind of shows bore me. confused13.gif

I met Tommy Aldridge at a drum clinic in Dayton, OH and just found out that I might have a chance to buy a Yamaha kit he used at a drum clinic for $350-$500.00. The ower of a music store that I know just wants to move it out of the store and would rather see it go to someone that he knows will use it and not just try and un-load it on E-Bay. Little does he know. I could use the $$$!

Real personally I know Holland's best bassplayer Barend Courbois, he's a good friend of ours for almost 10 years now.

The ones I met once in my live are:

Rush

David Coverdale

Raven (does this band still exists?)

Kamelot

Lemmy

Venom

Vandenberg

Within Temptation

Kane

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 30 2005, 05:57 PM)
I met Tommy Aldridge at a drum clinic in Dayton, OH and just found out that I might have a chance to buy a Yamaha kit he used at a drum clinic for $350-$500.00. The ower of a music store that I know just wants to move it out of the store and would rather see it go to someone that he knows will use it and not just try and un-load it on E-Bay. Little does he know. I could use the $$$!

ohmy.gif Cool!!!!! biggrin.gif

i've met a couple of and spoken to 4 former members of ya ho wa 13, one of which i'm still good friends with (i know, i know, you've never heard of them)

spent a couple hours with sky "sunlight" saxon from the seeds once. (i know, i know, most of you haven't heard of him)

talked on the phone with terry brooks a couple of times from terry brooks & strange (i know, i know, you've never heard of him)

talked on the phone for a couple of hours with paul schutze (i know, i know, you've never heard of him)

I know Roger Fisher (Heart, Alias, Clever Bastards, Geoffrey Castle Band, Solo), Lynn Sorenson (Sir Mix A-Lot, Paul Rodgers Band, Clever Bastards) and Rick Knotts (Rail & Company/Rail, Clever Bastards). Roger Waters left a commenton my MySpace. I know Fernando Saunders (Heart) and Ben Smith's (Heart, Lovemongers, and played for a bunch of other bands) email and screennames but have yet to talk to them. I know Ann Wilson's (Heart) daughter as well.

Musicians I have met:

KISS 1992-95 lineup(Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Eric Singer and Bruce Kulick) I met in July, 1993(got their John Hancock's but then sold to a KISS collector for PF and Rush related stuff)

David Gilmour of Pink Floyd on a webchat in January of 2002(hope I will talk to on Rockline in March)

Rick Davies and John Helliwell of Supertramp on Rockline in August, 2002

Nick Mason of Pink Floyd on Rockline in April, 2005

Rob Halford, Glenn Tipton and KK Downing of Judas Priest on Rockline in June, 2005

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jun 25 2005, 11:56 AM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jun 25 2005, 10:07 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jun 24 2005, 09:39 PM)
I met a lot of musicians but I dont really "know" them if ya know what i mean. It would be like all the people that got a Rush meet and greet going around saying "Oh, I know Geddy".

But I met....

Smashing Pumpkins
Verbena
The Breeders
Guided by voices
Flaming lips
The Beastie boys
George Clinton
L7
Lucious Jackson

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Lucious Jackson = Hot

Cannonball by Breeders is one of the first songs I learned on my bass.

Cannonball is such a kick ass song.

I prefer Supertramp's song Cannonball. I mean who else could come up with a song all in G Minor which lasts close to 8 minutes.

I'm going to school with the members of Emperor Stan and Rompus. Two of Lawrence's best local bands, though they're still getting started. I know Zack Hexum (Nick Hexum of 311's little brother) and Joel Martin, guitarist and Zack's band and frontman of Dead Language. I've met the jazz fusion group Yellowjackets once, and met their saxophone player Bob Mintzer twice. I also met Ozomatli when they came into town last year.

I am reluctant to meet heroes, as a let down is almost inevitable.

However, I've met trad legend Andy Irvine many times, even had a few beers with him. A gentleman to his fingernails.

My brother has gotten drunk with Justin Hayward and went on a week long bender with Nick Cave!!

Sonny - POD's lead singer

I was his acting manager when he worked at albertsons in chula vista (san diego) before he became famous -

I tried to steer him right by stressing the importance of staying in school -

he appreciated the advice but eventually quit to go to europe with his band -

What a shock it was when he went big time - up until last year he still came into the store from time to time just to say high to the old gang -

Great guy

my old band opened for warrant , ygwie malmsteen , joan jett , paul stanley , skid row . so i met pretty much all these guys . i beat jamie lane in a game of pool at toads in new haven . we almost opened for marillion , but they brought there own back up act. believe it or not the band staind opened for my band in 96.

Archived