Post your favorite recipies here

Weakly Criminal

I'm going to start with my favorite cold weather food, even though it hasn't gotten cold in Texas yet.

First is my home made chili. I use Wick Fowler's 2-alarm kit (I find the spice proportions to be perfect), and substitute cubed sirloin steak for ground beef. I like beans and rice in mine so I bump up the spices, water and tomato in the kit by 1/3. I start the pinto beans first and then put the rice in so they'll be 2/3 done at the same time. Use the bean/rice water for the water in the WF instructions. Brown the steak on high heat real quick, then In the crock-pot with everything else overnight till the steak is the consistency of pot roast. Serve with extra sharp cheddar, diced fresh white onion and Frito's.

Next is what I call pot roast stew. I love a good broth when it's cold, and this one is the bomb. Just make a good pot roast in a crock pot (always use the low heat) with Mira-qua (onions, carrots and celery), new potatoes (I like the red) and cover 2/3 with beef broth and a cup of good dry red wine like cabernet or merlot. Serve with crispy garlic bread fit for dipping. You can also take the broth and reduce it down for gravy if you want to serve it on a plate instead of a bowl.

Enjoy!