Longest lasting rock band with the same members?

ACL

Rush, U2, ZZ Top

Does Neil becoming a member before the USA release of Rush's first album make it ALL Original Members?

Frank Beard didn't play on ZZ Tops first 2 singles, but did on their first Album.

Does this make U2 the only one?

:rush:

Sounds like your talking about longest lasting band with original members but the thread title says SAME members. Two different things..

I think ZZ Top wins both though..

Golden Earring has had the same lineup since 1970. ZZ Top formed in '69 and are purported holders of "the longest, most stable line-up" title (per Wiki).

My very first concert was Rush with Golden Earring opening. I had no idea that I was watching two bands who would still be doing gigs in the 2010s. Astounding.

Doesn't Aerosmith have all the original members? Yeah, I know they've split up several times but I'm guessing (without going to Wiki or somewhere else) that they've always played as Aerosmith with the 5 original guys. Anyone wanna chime in please? As for continuously with the same guys, yeah ZZ Top. What's cool is the 2 of the longest running bands are three man bands which is a dynamic that can be trouble. The guys in the Top and Rush have obviously always been commited to making it work.

Doesn't Aerosmith have all the original members? Yeah, I know they've split up several times but I'm guessing (without going to Wiki or somewhere else) that they've always played as Aerosmith with the 5 original guys. Anyone wanna chime in please? As for continuously with the same guys, yeah ZZ Top. What's cool is the 2 of the longest running bands are three man bands which is a dynamic that can be trouble. The guys in the Top and Rush have obviously always been commited to making it work.

Nope. They did two (rather bad) albums in the very early 80s with different guitar players. Jimmy Crespo and Rick Dufay replaced Joe Perry and Brad Whitford. Perry and Whitford came back for 1984's "Done With Mirrors" which was also awful. Then, they got clean and sober, released "Permanent Vacation", and the rest is history.

So, yes, they do have "original" members - but they haven't been intact as the same lineup throughout their history.

Clem

PS - For the record (no pun intended), I think their new album is kinda lame.

Nope. They did two (rather bad) albums in the very early 80s with different guitar players. Jimmy Crespo and Rick Dufay replaced Joe Perry and Brad Whitford. Perry and Whitford came back for 1984's "Done With Mirrors" which was also awful. Then, they got clean and sober, released "Permanent Vacation", and the rest is history.

So, yes, they do have "original" members - but they haven't been intact as the same lineup throughout their history.

Clem

PS - For the record (no pun intended), I think their new album is kinda lame.

Thank you very much for the info Clem. I didn't know this until your post.