Members of Rush do drugs? (Real ones, not pot)?

LedRush

Maybe we can make a game out of this and try to match the drugs used to music made.

Xanadu- LSD

Passage to Bangkok- Wacky tobaccy

One Little Victory - cocaine. It even matches the timeline set up in the story here.

Maybe we can make a game out of this and try to match the drugs used to music made.

Xanadu- LSD

Ok, what about the Time Stand Still video? some triple cocktail of something....

Xanadu- LSD

One Little Victory - cocaine. It even matches the timeline set up in the story here.

Fountain of Lamneth - ambergris infused panacea

Xanadu- LSD

Ok, what about the Time Stand Still video? some triple cocktail of something....

Triple cocktail of egregious video effects!

Xanadu- LSD

Triple cocktail of egregious video effects!

Don't watch that video on mushrooms.... Just sayin

I guess it shouldn't surprise me, seeing the business they're in, but I was surprised to read the Neil, even in his later years, uses drugs? I guess I would expect it from the younger guys, but I did find myself trying to read and reread the article trying to make the drugs seem like pot.

Not a huge deal, I guess, but I thought some here would be interested.

Yep! Truth be told I am just like my mortal heroes. RUSH!

I am also on drugs! All the time! It's true confession time. Some of you over the 11 years of my existence here were always correct........

Johnny Blaze knows the truth!

I do crystal meth every night to calm me down after a long night and early morning on the Rush Forum.

"Now I get up around whenever, I used to get up on time but that old man he's a real muthafukkka gonna kick him on down the line."

So then I get up around noon and shoot heroin like a loon. Then I drink a pot of "Black Coffee." Humble Pie right? Followed by a six pack of ice cold Budweiser.

Snort a few lines of cocaine and then I get in my Audi and drive to work.

Life is beautiful.

"The way out is the way in" Analog Kids.

Good luck with your Non-Rush Lives.

Time for me to ensnare an eight ball before bed.

I'm "TOO LEGIT TO QUIT!"

Love,

MC HAMMER

EARL RAMMER

LOL!!!!!!

• Like 1

I guess it shouldn't surprise me, seeing the business they're in, but I was surprised to read the Neil, even in his later years, uses drugs? I guess I would expect it from the younger guys, but I did find myself trying to read and reread the article trying to make the drugs seem like pot.

I am also on drugs! All the time! It's true confession time. Some of you over the 11 years of my existence here were always correct........

I do crystal meth every night to calm me down after a long night and early morning on the Rush Forum.

"Now I get up around whenever, I used to get up on time but that old man he's a real muthafukkka gonna kick him on down the line."

So then I get up around noon and shoot heroin like a loon. Then I drink a pot of "Black Coffee." Humble Pie right? Followed by a six pack of ice cold Budweiser.

Life is beautiful.

I'm "TOO LEGIT TO QUIT!"

Love,

MC HAMMER

EARL RAMMER

LOL!!!!!!

I know the truth like I know crystal meth!

I realized I missed a day

But I'm too wrecked to care anyway

Signed,

Klaus Meine

• Like 1

Life is beautiful.

I'm "TOO LEGIT TO QUIT!"

Love,

MC HAMMER

EARL RAMMER

LOL!!!!!!

Signed,

Klaus Meine

Bloody brilliant JB

I just brushed and flossed before bed, which I rarely do and two of my teeth just fell out of my mouth and are laying in a perfect pool of blood in my white porcelain sink. I could cry.

Now my right nostril is bleeding like a fountain. I want to die.

Yet I will never give up. I am flying high like a kinetic kite. Standing on top of a Manic MOUNTAIN.

Signed,

Leslie West

• Like 1

Life is beautiful.

I'm "TOO LEGIT TO QUIT!"

Love,

MC HAMMER

EARL RAMMER

LOL!!!!!!

Signed,

Klaus Meine

Bloody brilliant JB

I just brushed and flossed before bed, which I rarely do and two of my teeth just fell out of my mouth and are laying in a perfect pool of blood in my white porcelain sink. I could cry.

Yet I will never give up. I am flying high like a kinetic kite. Standing on top of a Manic MOUNTAIN.

Signed,

Leslie West

I clutch the wire floss until my gum line bleeds

The nerves that will not heal

My teeth I cannot feel

Hoping that the bleeding won't repeat

Hoping that my molars will be pain freeeee

Signed,

Blood Sector A

• Like 1

Life is beautiful.

I'm "TOO LEGIT TO QUIT!"

Love,

MC HAMMER

EARL RAMMER

LOL!!!!!!

Signed,

Klaus Meine

Bloody brilliant JB

Signed,

Leslie West

My teeth I cannot feel

Signed,

Blood Sector A

I LOVE IT JB!!!!!

• Like 1

Life is beautiful.

I'm "TOO LEGIT TO QUIT!"

Love,

MC HAMMER

EARL RAMMER

LOL!!!!!!

Signed,

Klaus Meine

Bloody brilliant JB

Signed,

Leslie West

My teeth I cannot feel

Signed,

Blood Sector A

I LOVE IT JB!!!!!

You guys are freaking killing me!
  • Like 2

Life is beautiful.

I'm "TOO LEGIT TO QUIT!"

Love,

MC HAMMER

EARL RAMMER

LOL!!!!!!

Signed,

Klaus Meine

Bloody brilliant JB

Signed,

Leslie West

My teeth I cannot feel

Signed,

Blood Sector A

I LOVE IT JB!!!!!

You guys are freaking killing me!

Hahaha! We are good at that!! MOVING PICTURES RULES!

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if they had never done LSD and shrooms, considering the era in which they came up.

Alex has talked about doing Ecstasy.

They've probably also all done some coke, given the nature of the industry and the era in which they came up. In fact I've read second hand reports online that Neil had a coke problem at one point and has written about it (I've never read any of Neil's books).

I doubt they ever did heroin or PCP.

They obviously never got deep into the hard stuff (except perhaps for psychedelics in their early days).

Alex smokes weed like a Rasta to this day of course...

Edited by rftag

I'd be surprised if they had never done LSD and shrooms, considering the era in which they came up.

Alex has talked about doing Ecstasy.

They've probably also all done some coke, given the nature of the industry and the era in which they came up. In fact I've read second hand reports online that Neil had a coke problem at one point and has written about it (I've never read any of Neil's books).

I doubt they ever did heroin or PCP.

They obviously never got deep into the hard stuff (except perhaps for psychedelics in their early days).

Alex smokes weed like a Rasta to this day of course...

I guess it depends on what you call "hard stuff". Coke isn't hard?! It is to me. Ecstasy? Any drug that could potentially cause hyperthermia, diarrhea, or erectile dysfunction should be considered hard. Yes, I said "erectile dysfunction" and "hard" in the same sentence :P

• Like 1

Seems safe to say the passage to bangkok was inspired by true events of some sort

Also, if they werent stoned when they wore those silk outfits for 2112, i feel kinda bad for them

• Like 1