Members of Rush do drugs? (Real ones, not pot)?

LedRush

I don't see why it matters, at all. As has been said, drugs are part of the rock and roll lifestyle. Get over it. It happened a decent amount of time in the past.

Less than 10 years?

Even if it happened last week, it's still not our business. Why do you people care?

I care for the many reasons stated above. I only commented about when because of the reasoning Destruct gave.

I don't see why it matters, at all. As has been said, drugs are part of the rock and roll lifestyle. Get over it. It happened a decent amount of time in the past.

Less than 10 years?

Even if it happened last week, it's still not our business. Why do you people care?

I care for the many reasons stated above. I only commented about when because of the reasoning Destruct gave.

I reviewed this entire thread, and I still can't figure out why you care.

This just in.. Rush has been allowed to "sin in silence" says Geddy commenting on the bands existence outside the mainstream.. COKE HEADS!!!! Lol

LedRush is trying to break the silence.. break that bitch wide open!!

Therefore, I nominate 'TMZ' as LR's member title.

:)

• Like 1

Less than 10 years?

Sorry. That sucks for you, I guess.

Dear god, I only just read this thread and I cannot believe adults are actually bothered by the likelihood that the members of Rush have - oh shit - partaken of substances stronger than near-beer. :o :facepalm: .

Has any of them been arrested for some drug-fueled crime? (Alex's little escapade in Naples over a decade ago does not count, as there's no indication that any drug besides alcohol was involved). Ended up in hospital from overdose? Exhibited erratic behavior that caused the cancellation of a show or come on stage too whacked-out to perform decently? Screwed over multiple people - friends, family, associates of the band - in a downward spiral of addiction, culminating in bankruptcy and frequent extended stays in court-mandated rehab?

It's really none of our business, then. Breaking news - they're humans, meaning they shit, fart, have bad breath on occasion. No doubt they spank the monkey from time to time while on tour and away from their wives. Get over it.

• Like 5

Breaking news - they're humans, meaning they shit, fart, have bad breath on occasion

I hate you, I hate you - how can you say this?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

• Like 1

Dear god, I only just read this thread and I cannot believe adults are actually bothered by the likelihood that the members of Rush have - oh shit - partaken of substances stronger than near-beer. :o :facepalm: .

Has any of them been arrested for some drug-fueled crime? (Alex's little escapade in Naples over a decade ago does not count, as there's no indication that any drug besides alcohol was involved). Ended up in hospital from overdose? Exhibited erratic behavior that caused the cancellation of a show or come on stage too whacked-out to perform decently? Screwed over multiple people - friends, family, associates of the band - in a downward spiral of addiction, culminating in bankruptcy and frequent extended stays in court-mandated rehab?

It's really none of our business, then. Breaking news - they're humans, meaning they shit, fart, have bad breath on occasion. No doubt they spank the monkey from time to time while on tour and away from their wives. Get over it.

I'm more surprised at how pissed people are that some of us find this interesting.

• Like 1

I'm more surprised at how pissed people are that some of us find this interesting.

I don't think anyone is really pissed. If anything they're probably just surprised/shocked that this is even interesting to you and others. And by the way some of your posts in this thread read it seems like you're more than simply "interested" in Rush's past drug use.

I don't think anyone is really pissed. If anything they're probably just surprised/shocked that this is even interesting to you and others. And by the way some of your posts in this thread read it seems like you're more than simply "interested" in Rush's past drug use.

Some people seem downright distraught over it. I don't get it.

As I've said, I am surprised at the suggested frequency and amount that Neil did in his 50s, not about that they've ever tried harder drugs ever.

Less than 10 years?

Sorry. That sucks for you, I guess.

Actually, no, it doesn't :) I asked out of pure intellectual curiosity. I am honestly baffled as to why it matters to anyone who loves what they're doing professionally. For me, the music and the gigs are amazing and the public faces are good, and that's enough. When you're looking at people who are showing you so clearly everything they've done right for the last forty years, I genuinely do not understand why the rest matters.

Edited by GeddysMullet

Cannot reply, currently unconscious due to multiple facepalms

I don't have time for trolls! True Rush fans do not troll! Go away! No one wants you here!

Typical ginger Canuck bullshit

Hey I'm a ginger and Im a Canuck... lets watch the stereotyping here.

:P

Seriously who gives a f**k if Rush does or ever did drugs other than the wacky tobaccy?! Or if they had a evening or two with a groupie while on the road... they are rock stars... life on the road is just that.. Life On The Road... it doesnt mean jack about their credibility as musicians or songwriters and it certainly doesn't make me love them any less.

I don't have time for trolls! True Rush fans do not troll! Go away! No one wants you here!

Seriously who gives a f**k if Rush does or ever did drugs other than the wacky tobaccy?! Or if they had a evening or two with a groupie while on the road... they are rock stars... life on the road is just that.. Life On The Road... it doesnt mean jack about their credibility as musicians or songwriters and it certainly doesn't make me love them any less.

Lifeson did lines of coke off your tummy on the patio of the Orbit Room before you banged him didn't he?

• Like 3

Lifeson did lines of coke off your tummy on the patio of the Orbit Room before you banged him didn't he?

Finally, after 7 pages, this thread suddenly got very intetesting.

:popcorn:

Oh here we go...

:LOL:

• Like 1

Oh here we go...

There's an easy way to settle this... post a picture of your tummy, you can use lines of flour if you like, and I will ask Alex to look at the picture and see if it looks familiar. It's by far the simplest and best solution here.

• Like 1

Oh here we go...

There's an easy way to settle this... post a picture of your tummy, you can use lines of flour if you like, and I will ask Alex to look at the picture and see if it looks familiar. It's by far the simplest and best solution here.

He may remember it from a tequila body shot... but this is a thread about drugs.

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree

Oh here we go...

He may remember it from a tequila body shot... but this is a thread about drugs.

To anyone who can't tell I'm just kidding...

:edited because people are touchy on here:

I'm sure you can find a few volunteers to get touchy with you. Not me, I am happily married, but... I'm sure you wouldn't have a hard time...

Oh here we go...

To anyone who can't tell I'm just kidding...

:edited because people are touchy on here:

I'm sure you can find a few volunteers to get touchy with you. Not me, I am happily married, but... I'm sure you wouldn't have a hard time...

HA!

No but they might have a "hard" time. ;)

:LMAO:

• Like 1

Less than 10 years?

They seem pretty healthy and happy. And they're making relevant music and selling a lot of concert tickets. What more do you want from them? You want them to be nuns and feed the poor and clothe the naked while making their next album? Besides, 10 years can be a lifetime in some peoples' lives. Think about what Peart was doing (and dealing with) in 1995, 2000, and 2005 and you'll likely see 3 very different people.

So true, how much people can change! Just look at the picture of Neil on their debut album. He doesn't even resemble the Neil of today.

OK...I've got to know if you are being serious here, or are you trying to perpetuate a Rushgoober type ruse.

Do you know who the gentleman is pictured with Alex and Geddy here?

http://www.hayspost.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/rushrutin.jpg

Less than 10 years?

They seem pretty healthy and happy. And they're making relevant music and selling a lot of concert tickets. What more do you want from them? You want them to be nuns and feed the poor and clothe the naked while making their next album? Besides, 10 years can be a lifetime in some peoples' lives. Think about what Peart was doing (and dealing with) in 1995, 2000, and 2005 and you'll likely see 3 very different people.

So true, how much people can change! Just look at the picture of Neil on their debut album. He doesn't even resemble the Neil of today.

OK...I've got to know if you are being serious here, or are you trying to perpetuate a Rushgoober type ruse.

You're so gullible Jim.

Less than 10 years?

You're so gullible Jim.

:D

• Like 1