Members of Rush do drugs? (Real ones, not pot)?

LedRush

i am not surprised that Neil was taking drugs, hows do you think he can be in this shape at 60 years old.

What??

What kind of 'shape' do you mean?

Increasingly pearish.

i am not surprised that Neil was taking drugs, hows do you think he can be in this shape at 60 years old.

What??

Increasingly pearish.

Bluntly: A fatass.

Neil is actually in pretty good shape for his age. Better shape than the average 60 year old.

What??

Increasingly pearish.

Neil is actually in pretty good shape for his age. Better shape than the average 60 year old.

Well, I was half joking. I mean, I think he's okay. But he's definitely beefed up since R30. (10 years can add a lot, I know. That's why I'm comparing.)

What??

Increasingly pearish.

Well, I was half joking. I mean, I think he's okay. But he's definitely beefed up since R30. (10 years can add a lot, I know. That's why I'm comparing.)

You can't fool us. You've been checking out his ass, haven't you.

• Like 1

I seem to remember a line in Ghost Rider where Neil wrote about his lowest lows after his family's passing, saying something along the lines of 'trying to lose his sorrows at the bottom of a bottle or a plastic bag of white powder'.

I probably butchered that quote, but it was something like that.

Call me naive then....

I just have a hard time believing this, and I'm simply not going to believe it, as to not ruin my idea of Rush and what they are.

Rush are...or I'd like to "think" Rush are too professional and down to earth to get wrapped up in such cliche Rock trappings. They may as well have been banging groupies and throwing TV's out of hotel rooms, then.

I just have a hard time believing family men who married young and were into living healthy (Neil was an avid bike rider and health nut for a while there) would be so self destructive. Plus, being around that stuff, as a former full time touring musician myself.... people's personalities change and are hard to be around and they eventually can't perform at the high level that Rush has consistently performed....

Hard drugs are for the Aerosmith's and Guns N' Roses of the world—the Behind The Music casualties. Rush have always been too sophisticated and intelligent for that....

At least in MY mind...and, if I'm wrong, I don't even want to know about it....

Groupies have come out and named Alex and Geddy as successful targets. After watching the documentary with Alex at age 18, it's not hard to see why.

ONE groupie named Alex and Geddy as a successful target, and that was Connie whatsherface who said it when she was being interviewed by Howard Stern and this occurred back in the 70's. :|

Edited by gangsterfurious

I don't see why it matters, at all. As has been said, drugs are part of the rock and roll lifestyle. Get over it. It happened a decent amount of time in the past.

Less than 10 years?

I don't see why it matters, at all. As has been said, drugs are part of the rock and roll lifestyle. Get over it. It happened a decent amount of time in the past.

Less than 10 years?

Even if it happened last week, it's still not our business. Why do you people care?

Less than 10 years?

They seem pretty healthy and happy. And they're making relevant music and selling a lot of concert tickets. What more do you want from them? You want them to be nuns and feed the poor and clothe the naked while making their next album? Besides, 10 years can be a lifetime in some peoples' lives. Think about what Peart was doing (and dealing with) in 1995, 2000, and 2005 and you'll likely see 3 very different people.

• Like 1

Less than 10 years?

They seem pretty healthy and happy. And they're making relevant music and selling a lot of concert tickets. What more do you want from them? You want them to be nuns and feed the poor and clothe the naked while making their next album? Besides, 10 years can be a lifetime in some peoples' lives. Think about what Peart was doing (and dealing with) in 1995, 2000, and 2005 and you'll likely see 3 very different people.

So true, how much people can change! Just look at the picture of Neil on their debut album. He doesn't even resemble the Neil of today.
  • Like 2

Less than 10 years?

So true, how much people can change! Just look at the picture of Neil on their debut album. He doesn't even resemble the Neil of today.

Holy shit dude, have you been eating paint chips??

• Like 2

Less than 10 years?

What's your problem? Troll much?

Less than 10 years?

Yeah, I troll. If you seriously think Neil was on the debut... this thread title must also be talking about you

• Like 1

Less than 10 years?

Yeah, I troll. If you seriously think Neil was on the debut... this thread title must also be talking about you

So what if I do drugs just like Rush does. Just means that I am more like Rush than you are. And yes, who else would be drumming on Rush's first album, genius?

Cannot reply, currently unconscious due to multiple facepalms

I don't have time for trolls! True Rush fans do not troll! Go away! No one wants you here!

Typical ginger Canuck bullshit

• Like 1

This just in.. Rush has been allowed to "sin in silence" says Geddy commenting on the bands existence outside the mainstream.. COKE HEADS!!!! Lol
  • Like 1