Less than a week to the Atlanta show!

Aikenrooster

I'm starting to become really excited to see my first Rush concert. Everyone says that the musicianship is top notch and everyone on here says that Geddy's voice is really great right now. I have tried to stay away from the spoiler threads, because I want to be surprised. I know they're going to play a large chunk of CA, which is great, but I won't be disappointed with anything else they play. If I had a request, it would be for Subdivisions, but that's only because I grew up in the 1980s and that song reminds me of how life was back then. I don't even know why I like it, but it conjures up a lot of sentimentality.

We are on row 13 in the bottom section, on Alex's side, which was the best I could find on ticketmaster on May 1, when they went on sale. Also, we're staying at the Wingate hotel Wednesday night and Thursday night, because I hate Atlanta traffic more than any traffic in the world(well, Toronto traffic and Washington, DC traffic is worse, but I have to go through Atlanta more often, ANYWAYS....), so I want to make sure that my wife can go through her womanly routine the day of the show and that we won't be late.

I wish I knew how to get in for sound check(HINT, HINT).

Anyways, I am a new fan(I know that pisses a lot of y'all off), but I am really into Rush. I cannot explain why I didn't get into them a lot more before the past year, but thank God for Youtube, Slacker Radio, etc., that allows a new fan to get past the classics that were played on radio(and which is all I ever knew until about a year ago).

I have a question, though. I, uh, don't know if I should ask it on this site, but I will try to phrase it in a nice way: my wife is retired, and therefore not subject to random urine analyses. How strict will the security be regarding a particular substance that she may or may not like to use during the show?

I hope to see some of y'all around the area on the day of the show, and I hope y'all will pack out the venue.

Be cool. 2.gif 653.gif

Let's just say that when I saw them in Detroit and Columbus, there was a thin haze of some good smelling smoke filling the floor. You just gotta be discreet, of course cool10.gif

Enjoy your first show! And for the record, I don't think it pisses anyone off that you're a new fan. A fan is a fan!