Graveyard

WCFIELDS

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Oct 25 2012, 02:30 AM)
I love this band.  trink39.gif

Check out Horisont too. They're another Swedish band that does the 70s rock thing pretty well.

Nice....I knew you would.... cool.gif

Just found this band as they've released a new album today.

Forget Greta Van Fleet and all that, this is how you do classic rock a bit of justice, without ripping anyone off. They just sound like a solid band from that era that never made it, like Captain Beyond (but more metal and less prog, of course).

Here's a good song:

Ghost in the Graveyard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_6fXSIqL4

(remember that game?)

Nope! :D

But that's probably one of the better songs I've heard from Ghost thus far. Still though, they don't sound far off from whoever made the theme songs to all those old 90s and early 00's anime type cartoons, especially the ones that weren't actually big and I ended up watching years later at 1:00 in the morning on secondary kids channels.

I mean, has it not occurred to them to cover the original Pokemon theme song yet?

Great band! I've been digging what I call "revisionist" bands recently - newer ones that bet on song structures and tones from the 70's. Here are two other examples:

Ghost in the Graveyard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_6fXSIqL4

(remember that game?)

Nope! :D

But that's probably one of the better songs I've heard from Ghost thus far. Still though, they don't sound far off from whoever made the theme songs to all those old 90s and early 00's anime type cartoons, especially the ones that weren't actually big and I ended up watching years later at 1:00 in the morning on secondary kids channels.

I mean, has it not occurred to them to cover the original Pokemon theme song yet?

OH MY GOD YES!

This could also be a Scooby Doo song!

It's tongue in cheek fun but...I dunno...this song is bordering on being kids soundtrack material.

Won't lie that's made it quite endearing haha

• Like 1