10 - Best Song From Grace Under Pressure

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1200 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Distant Early Warning
    • Afterimage
    • Red Sector A
    • The Enemy Within
    • The Body Electric
    • Kid Gloves
    • Red Lenses
    • Between The Wheels

i have to give a slight edge here to distant early warning - rush sure had a habit in the 80's of beginning each album with arguably it's strongest track. very close behind is betwen the wheels, but i've also always loved afterimage as well. when i first got this album, it took me awhile to really get into kid gloves and red lenses, thinking the lyircs weren't necessarily up to rush standards, but it didn't take me too long to appreciate these songs either - a really great album... Edited by rushgoober

Guest Xourque
The guitar solo in Afterimage is enough for me to vote this song as my favorite from the album. It is so powerful emotionally. This is such a well made album!

QUOTE (slacker @ Oct 28 2004, 03:11 AM)
yes.gif  Red Sector A..first time i heard it live it blow my mind..i still get chill just thinking about it..

Same affect cool10.gif

"The Enemy Within"

The way the music in this song affects the listener's emotions is brilliant. It delivers the words right into the gut and mind. The first 13 seconds prepare you for the exciting riff that's about to take control of your muscles, send your feet tapping, your head bobbing, and your fists drumming on imaginary drums and cymbals. Half a minute into the song, the artfully crafted lyrics grab hold of your senses and you're swallowed into a world of apprehension and suspense. 0:54 - the song's first climax. 1:14 - a sudden shift to an ethereal, atmospheric, mystical, cloudy, spiritual place. 1:27 - back to the world of what will happen in the next instant? everything's happening so fast, what does it mean?

Etc.

That's experience to extremes.

The enemy within....it was about the 5th rush song I had ever heard. (I started by downloading)

Best Lyric on the album though: You know how that rabbit feels

JUst goes to show that a sense of humor alleviates stress.

Edited by endlesslymocking

I really dig The Enemy Within.

Distant Early Warning. What a bassline! I also love the echo on the guitars and the phenominal drumming.

I love the energy of Distant Early Warning and when Geddy does that "obsolete, ABSOLUTELY!!!". And I dig Neil (Happy Birthday) on the snare.

Between The Wheels, no contest.

Between The Wheels for its omnious keyboards riff. Afterimage comes next for its emotional context. The Enemy Within doesn't rock enough for me: the dancing bass line just doesn't appeal to me at all Edited by Vicious