10 - Best Song From Grace Under Pressure

439 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think is the best song from this album? (1176 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think is the best song from this album?

1. Distant Early Warning (173 votes [14.69%])

Percentage of vote: 14.69%

2. Afterimage (138 votes [11.71%])

Percentage of vote: 11.71%

3. Red Sector A (223 votes [18.93%])

Percentage of vote: 18.93%

4. The Enemy Within (151 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

5. The Body Electric (58 votes [4.92%])

Percentage of vote: 4.92%

6. Kid Gloves (103 votes [8.74%])

Percentage of vote: 8.74%

7. Red Lenses (39 votes [3.31%])

Percentage of vote: 3.31%

8. Between The Wheels (293 votes [24.87%])

Percentage of vote: 24.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#421 BowlCity

BowlCity

Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

• Members *
  • 10226 posts
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

View PostNarpski, on 08 July 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 08 July 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

View PostNarpski, on 08 July 2014 - 07:28 PM, said:

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 08 July 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

View PostNarpski, on 08 July 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 08 July 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

View PostNaturalHemisphereGarden, on 07 July 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

Kid Gloves because of the 5/4, the energy, and the awesome guitar solo.

I love that song too.  You are right - the song has a lot of energy.
I just listened to Grace Under Pressure in its entirety (thanks Lorraine). My opinion hasn't changed. Its a good album. Red Sector A is still the star for me followed closely by Between The Wheels. Red Lenses is one of their worst of at least that era and probably ever.....

Power Windows tomorrow and then it gets scary from there..... :scared:

Really glad to see you're getting in depth out past Moving Pictures, Narpski. :) Red Sector A's definitely my favorite, but I don't think DEW get's enough credit in the forum, like CTTH and Tom Sawyer.
DEW is an excellent song as well. I have the albums up to Power Windows and have heard them many times over just not the 80's one's recently. I know the bass tone ( the Wahl or whatever it is) is going to kill me on HYF. I like Mission but the rest we will see on Thursday.....

Well, I love Forced Ten and Lock And Key from HYF, but the last two songs especially are semi-forgettable, if that helps your pre-listening experience.
Thanks. I will probably have to hold my nose but I am going to get through it. The one's beyond that are really going to be problematic I have a feeling. I tried to listen to Roll The Bones before once or twice. Yowza.... :(

It'll get better after you plow through Presto and Roll The Bones. You should AT LEAST like Nobody's Hero or Driven.

Also, Lock and Key on HYF is badass. You know that's saying something when you put "badass" and "Hold Your Fire" in the same sentence.

Edited by BowlCity, 08 July 2014 - 10:43 PM.

Sponsored Post

#422 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27441 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

View PostBowlCity, on 08 July 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

I just listened to Grace Under Pressure in its entirety (thanks Lorraine). My opinion hasn't changed. Its a good album. Red Sector A is still the star for me followed closely by Between The Wheels. Red Lenses is one of their worst of at least that era and probably ever.....

Really glad to see you're getting in depth out past Moving Pictures, Narpski. :) Red Sector A's definitely my favorite, but I don't think DEW get's enough credit in the forum, like CTTH and Tom Sawyer.
DEW is an excellent song as well. I have the albums up to Power Windows and have heard them many times over just not the 80's one's recently. I know the bass tone ( the Wahl or whatever it is) is going to kill me on HYF. I like Mission but the rest we will see on Thursday.....

Well, I love Forced Ten and Lock And Key from HYF, but the last two songs especially are semi-forgettable, if that helps your pre-listening experience.
Thanks. I will probably have to hold my nose but I am going to get through it. The one's beyond that are really going to be problematic I have a feeling. I tried to listen to Roll The Bones before once or twice. Yowza.... :(

It'll get better after you plow through Presto and Roll The Bones. You should AT LEAST like Nobody's Hero or Driven.

Also, Lock and Key on HYF is badass. You know that's saying something when you put "badass" and "Hold Your Fire" in the same sentence.
I didn't know where else to stick this thought so here it goes. As promised I listened to Power Windows today. Its not even as good as I remembered it being. No wonder it ended there for me.... :(

#423 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 20313 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:21 AM

View PostNarpski, on 09 July 2014 - 07:58 PM, said:

I didn't know where else to stick this thought so here it goes. As promised I listened to Power Windows today. Its not even as good as I remembered it being. No wonder it ended there for me.... :(

I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't like the album until I heard it live during this last tour and now I really like it. I guess it's all a matter of context.

#424 Brucey

Brucey

Babycat's Nemesis

• Members *
  • 7012 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

Given that's the case, I'd be surprised if you end up liking anything off Hold your Fire. I think you'll like all of their albums up to and including S&A a little more, though.

#425 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 37367 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

I don't think he likes S&A  (who can blame him?  :boo hiss: ), so you can scratch that idea.

#426 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 2291 posts
  • Interests:QueenRushMuseYeah! Oh and MtG.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostRushAreAwesome, on 10 July 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

Given that's the case, I'd be surprised if you end up liking anything off Hold your Fire. I think you'll like all of their albums up to and including S&A a little more, though.

Yeah, I'd say PoW and HYF are probably the most musically similar albums in Rush's catalogue...good luck Narpski.

#427 g under p

g under p

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4776 posts
  • Interests:Music and Politics....painting, fishing and road cycling.

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

For me Red Sector A

#428 len(songs)

len(songs)

The Archivist

• Members
  • 14676 posts
  • Interests:Not being Not

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

1. DEW
2. Between The Wheels
3. Kid Gloves

#429 g under p

g under p

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4776 posts
  • Interests:Music and Politics....painting, fishing and road cycling.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

Always will be Red Sector A

BTW....second which I only come to like years later.

#430 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 20313 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

For me it's a tie between The Body Electric and Between the Wheels. I love the Asimovian feel to TBE.

Edited by EagleMoon, 03 August 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#431 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 28961 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Leaves' Eyes
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    Brand New
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    The Doors
    Kansas

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

Currently I am finding little to interest me in p/g, but only because right now I am enjoying happier music!

But I do love all the songs, although the standout is most definitely Red Sector A...

#432 GeddyLee

GeddyLee

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 834 posts
  • Interests:Music, movies, my family

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

The Enemy Within gets my vote!

#433 Cygnus The God Of Balance

Cygnus The God Of Balance

God of Sound Clips

• Members
  • 2120 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:20 PM

Between the Wheels for me.....

#434 DirtyMidnighter

DirtyMidnighter

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Artist

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:53 AM

Kid Gloves

#435 lakai

lakai

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

The best for me is afterimage, but between the wheeels and kid gloves comes right after

#436 CJW

CJW

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Rush!!!!
    Astronomy!!!!
    Darts.
    Nature.
    Women. : )

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:00 PM

Afterimage

#437 TheWatchMaker97

TheWatchMaker97

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Interests:Drums, Guitar, Hockey.

Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:01 PM

The Enemy Within

#438 Verena

Verena

Mood Lifter

• Members *
  • 12211 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:09 PM

Red Sector A, yeah!

#439 djflex

djflex

The Professor

• Members
  • 3289 posts
  • Interests:crushing my opponets

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:22 PM

Distant early warning

#440 Red Sector B

Red Sector B

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Guitar; Hockey; Football; International cuisine; craft beer; live comedy

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:57 PM

Red Sector A and Distant Early Warning are tied.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users