10 - Best Song From Grace Under Pressure

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1200 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Distant Early Warning
    • Afterimage
    • Red Sector A
    • The Enemy Within
    • The Body Electric
    • Kid Gloves
    • Red Lenses
    • Between The Wheels

The Enemy Within for me on this one.

2-Distant Early Warning

3-Red Lenses

4-Kid Gloves

5-Red Sector A

6-The Body Electric

7-Afterimage

8-Between the Wheels

Actually never got the love for BtW.

Hafta go with Kid Gloves cuz I think Rush is at it's best when in teen angst mode ala Snobdivisions and Analog Kid.

But I almost went for Red Lenses cuzza the bassline.

Guppy's one of my favourite Rush albums.

AlienSmiley.gif

CRAP I put Enemy Within, but really meant to click Body Electric lmao >.<

but hey, seriously love the whole album so it doesn't amtter what i click=]

I voted Kid Gloves. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

(the beginning guitar riff is bitchin.) yes.gif

2) RSA

3) BTW

4) AI

Perhaps the hardest one to pick so far. This was an album that it took me some time to warm to and when I did there was a front running pack consisting of Distant Early Warning, Afterimage, Red Sector A & The Enemy Within plus a second pack, well back, consisting of the rest of the album.

As so often happens to me with Rush, it took me a while to appreciate both the album and some of the songs within it. When I saw them on the R30 tour and they played Between the Wheels it opened my eyes and got me to go back and really pay attention to the album. At that point Between the Wheels joined the lead pack and for a while became my pick.

In the years since Between the Wheels has lost its status as the hands down pick but is definitely in the lead pack. On any given day any of the 5 songs in the lead group could get my vote.

Went with Afterimage but like I said, if I was voting tomorrow that vote might change.

I went with Distant Early Warnings, even though Between the Wheels has really grown on me through the years! Regardless I likethe 7/8 feel during the heavy keyboard parts and Neil's fills on the break, Classic Essential Rush!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Hmm. This is an album that I only own on vinyl, bought circa 1985, and the last time I owned a turntable to play it on was circa 1987. So, it has been a while since giving P/G focused attention. Don't know how it got so shockingly overlooked.

However, the three songs that I remember liking the most were Distant Early Warning, The Body Electric, and Red Sector A.

I had no idea that "Between the Wheels" was so popular. It remains one of my least favorite Rush songs, and I was dismayed to learn that they didn't retire it for the second leg of the S&A tour.

QUOTE (Animate @ Apr 16 2012, 11:31 PM)
Hmm. This is an album that I only own on vinyl, bought circa 1985, and the last time I owned a turntable to play it on was circa 1987. So, it has been a while since giving P/G focused attention. Don't know how it got so shockingly overlooked.

However, the three songs that I remember liking the most were Distant Early Warning, The Body Electric, and Red Sector A.

My 13y/o asked me "what my favorite Rush song was?" Funny......I've never thought about it. I seem to always have Rush playing and never considered a fav. After careful deliberation, sweating and struggling...I came up with my all time favorite song:

BTW (hands down)

Lyrically and musically (to me) it is the most complete song ever! 2.gif

I'm glad that BTW is ahead of the rest. I never cared for Red Sector A and Distant Early Warning was overplayed when it came out. BTW is a song that never grows old for me.