Rush in Cinema & Television

Tombstone Mountain

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 26 2012, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 26 2012, 10:22 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 26 2012, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 26 2012, 05:35 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 25 2012, 10:41 AM)

A recent viewing of "the 40-year old virgin" brought out a Rush mention. Steve Carrell is getting his wax job and says "Alex Lifeson" when he's getting his chest hair pulled. This was a cable viewing so it may be different than the DVD...

I believe it is Kelly Clarkson he says; not Alex Lifeson

Alex Lifeson comes out of his vocal chords

Unless they changed it for cable as "Kelly Clarkson" is now a curse word... he says Kelly Clarkson.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405422/quotes

[having his belly hair waxed]

Andy Stitzer: [yells] Yooooooooow, Kelly Clarkson!

OK, I still heard Alex Lifeson.

How about the mention of Geddy Lee in "Orgasmo"?

Got that movie!

Smile and say "Geddy Lee."

Who's Geddy Lee?

Only the greatest bass player in the world!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Sep 27 2012, 05:06 PM)
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1fefgtjQj1r9m6kfo1_1280.jpg

In the show Archer, Dr. Krieger often has different styled Rush vans, often because they keep getting destroyed.

goodpost.gif

laugh.gif That's funny! trink39.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 27 2012, 05:32 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Sep 27 2012, 05:06 PM)
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1fefgtjQj1r9m6kfo1_1280.jpg

In the show Archer, Dr. Krieger often has different styled Rush vans, often because they keep getting destroyed.

goodpost.gif

laugh.gif That's funny! trink39.gif

I'm really surprised that there is little mention of this here.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 28 2012, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 28 2012, 06:24 AM)
EDtv: Matthew McConaughey wears a starman shirt

This is scary Blaze...I was going to put this one up today...but you beat me to it trink39.gif

Nah, the scary part is that THAT t-shirt was the best part of the movie! laugh.gif

I should've saved my 5 bucks.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 28 2012, 08:32 AM)

This is scary Blaze...I was going to put this one up today...but you beat me to it trink39.gif

Nah, the scary part is that THAT t-shirt was the best part of the movie! laugh.gif

Awww c'mon, matt and woody were pretty good together.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 28 2012, 10:45 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 28 2012, 08:32 AM)

Awww c'mon, matt and woody were pretty good together.

laugh.gif

Was hoping for a topless Elizabeth Hurley but that didn't happen. I would've settled for a topless Jenna Elfman but that didn't happen either. 24/7 voyeurism and nothing?!!! Rubbish!!! tongue.gif

Side note: I like Woody H in almost everything. Matthew M has never really impressed me...although I did enjoy his role in Dazed & Confused.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 26 2012, 01:14 PM)
There is a Family Guy episode where they do a Cheetos commercial with Chester Cheetah listening to Rush while doing lines of Cheetos, and Chester says something along the lines of "Neil Peart is the greatest f***ing drummer in the world, man!"

The new VW Passat commercial with the guy air drumming to Fly By Night.

There is an episode of Without A Trace where this woman kidnaps a guy who is a huge Rush fan and lures him to her apartment by telling him she has Rush bootlegs, and they play said bootlegs in the episode.

Those are the three that come to mind.

I incorrectly referenced Without A Trace, when it was Criminal Minds that made the Rush reference. Sorry. blush4.gif

List: MST3K Rush References

Commenting on a letter, Joel says "Very trippy, and I bet you listen to Rush, don't you?" (Episode 213- Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster)

Tom Servo confirms that Joel identified "The Rush Guy" (Episode 213- Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster)

Listening to the movie's soundtrack, Tom notices "Neil Peart on drums." He rhymes "Peart" with "Bert." (Episode 303- Pod People)

Tom Servo also says "Neil Peart on drums" in Time of the Apes (Episode 306- Time of the Apes). He mispronounces it here, too.

Joel Robinson sees a poorly-lit woman and says, "You know, in that light she looks just like Geddy Lee." Crow sounds nauseous... [Note: She really does look like a '70s Geddy] (Episode 504- Secret Agent Super Dragon)

Dead body with headphones on. Crow: "He died listening to Rush." Joel: "2112." (Episode 508- Operation Double 007)

Mike Nelson sees three weirdos and says "Hey, it's the band Rush!" (Episode 516- Alien From L.A.)

Silver Morgan calls home for her sister, Mary Lee, who isn't there. So Crow says, "Well, then, is GEDDY Lee there?" (Episode 601- Girls Town)

Crow T. Robot sees a crate marked RUSH and yells, "Rush albums! Woo!" (Episode 614- San Francisco International)

Seeing the same crate later on, Tom announces "Serum. The new CD from Rush." (also from episode 614- San Francisco International)

Mike says, "Man, I'm so baked right now... you gotta hear this Rush tape." (Episode 804- The Deadly Mantis)

Mike reads Peanut's letter, explaining his miraculous escape to the year 2112. (Also episode 804- The Deadly Mantis)

An air-drumming loser prompts Tom (Crow?) to say "The true story of Neil Peart" in (Episode 907- Hobgoblins)

Mike attempts to recite the opening verse of "The Trees." Crow shuts him up. (Episode 908- The Touch of Satan)

Crow identifies a secluded Canadian cabin as "Geddy Lee's birthplace" (Episode 910- The Final Sacrifice)

While the bots trash Canada during a host segment, Mike says "They gave us Rush!" in its defense. (Episode 910- The Final Sacrifice)

By the way, Rush mentions "MST-3K" and "Gamera (is turtle meat)" in the "Assistance, inspiration, comic relief, and/or just plain friendly service" section of the liner notes on Counterparts.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Sep 28 2012, 11:36 AM)
List: MST3K Rush References

Commenting on a letter, Joel says "Very trippy, and I bet you listen to Rush, don't you?" (Episode 213- Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster)

Tom Servo confirms that Joel identified "The Rush Guy" (Episode 213- Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster)

Listening to the movie's soundtrack, Tom notices "Neil Peart on drums." He rhymes "Peart" with "Bert." (Episode 303- Pod People)

Tom Servo also says "Neil Peart on drums" in Time of the Apes (Episode 306- Time of the Apes). He mispronounces it here, too.

Joel Robinson sees a poorly-lit woman and says, "You know, in that light she looks just like Geddy Lee." Crow sounds nauseous... [Note: She really does look like a '70s Geddy] (Episode 504- Secret Agent Super Dragon)

Dead body with headphones on. Crow: "He died listening to Rush." Joel: "2112." (Episode 508- Operation Double 007)

Mike Nelson sees three weirdos and says "Hey, it's the band Rush!" (Episode 516- Alien From L.A.)

Silver Morgan calls home for her sister, Mary Lee, who isn't there. So Crow says, "Well, then, is GEDDY Lee there?" (Episode 601- Girls Town)

Crow T. Robot sees a crate marked RUSH and yells, "Rush albums! Woo!" (Episode 614- San Francisco International)

Seeing the same crate later on, Tom announces "Serum. The new CD from Rush." (also from episode 614- San Francisco International)

Mike says, "Man, I'm so baked right now... you gotta hear this Rush tape." (Episode 804- The Deadly Mantis)

Mike reads Peanut's letter, explaining his miraculous escape to the year 2112. (Also episode 804- The Deadly Mantis)

An air-drumming loser prompts Tom (Crow?) to say "The true story of Neil Peart" in (Episode 907- Hobgoblins)

Mike attempts to recite the opening verse of "The Trees." Crow shuts him up. (Episode 908- The Touch of Satan)

Crow identifies a secluded Canadian cabin as "Geddy Lee's birthplace" (Episode 910- The Final Sacrifice)

While the bots trash Canada during a host segment, Mike says "They gave us Rush!" in its defense. (Episode 910- The Final Sacrifice)

By the way, Rush mentions "MST-3K" and "Gamera (is turtle meat)" in the "Assistance, inspiration, comic relief, and/or just plain friendly service" section of the liner notes on Counterparts.

This little list deserves an award, but there is no applicable award for this thread. I'll invent one:

Biggest Rush Nerd Award

Congrats Birdsong!

2.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 26 2012, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 26 2012, 09:57 AM)

A recent viewing of "the 40-year old virgin" brought out a Rush mention. Steve Carrell is getting his wax job and says "Alex Lifeson" when he's getting his chest hair pulled. This was a cable viewing so it may be different than the DVD...

Lol. I thought that too. I guess we hear what we want to. My wife says it was Kelly Clarkson.

Rush is mentioned/heard in two episodes of Futurama.

The first time, Wooden Bender is leading a group of obsolete robots to New New York. He says "We'll soon stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush."

The other time is when Fry is recruited to fight the Space Invaders. He says "Alright! It's Saturday night, I have no date, a two-litre bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix tape. Let's rock!". Then Tom Sawyer starts playing.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/fry_futurama.jpg

QUOTE (Cstoliker @ Sep 30 2012, 11:19 PM)

Lol. I thought that too. I guess we hear what we want to. My wife says it was Kelly Clarkson.

In that clip, I hear "Alex Lifeson" quite clearly! But my husband heard "Yo, yo Slawson!" laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Oct 1 2012, 10:18 AM)

In that clip, I hear "Alex Lifeson" quite clearly! But my husband heard "Yo, yo Slawson!" laugh.gif

There is more than one cable TV version of this movie...gotta be...He says "Alex Lifeson". LIX said it was my Rush bias coming through.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Oct 1 2012, 10:20 AM)

There is more than one cable TV version of this movie...gotta be...He says "Alex Lifeson". LIX said it was my Rush bias coming through.

Sounds like Alex Lifeson to me as well. But why would that be funny?

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Oct 1 2012, 12:02 PM)

Um...Because it's Alex Lifeson, and Alex Lifeson is funny? confused13.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Oct 1 2012, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Oct 1 2012, 12:02 PM)

Um...Because it's Alex Lifeson, and Alex Lifeson is funny? confused13.gif laugh.gif

Stay off the drugs you guys!

wacko.gif cool10.gif