Jump to content


Soda!


  • Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#81 BowlCity

BowlCity

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 10519 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Omaha
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:56 AM

View PostILSnwdog, on 23 January 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostBowlCity, on 15 January 2015 - 02:31 AM, said:

I probably drink way too much pop to be as healthy as I am. If I don't watch myself I'll end up having like 3 or 4 cans in a day.

Love Pepsi, Dew, Dr. Pepper, and strong root beers like Mug or Dad's. None of that weaksauce A&W shit.


I will NOT drink diet pop. That shit is some of the nastiest stuff I have ever tasted. Diet Dew is Satan's piss if it exists.
If you like strong root beers, you must love Barqs.  I like A&W, but Dad's is better.  I love Dad's.  

Next time you're back home, go to Menards and buy some of this.
Posted Image

And I couldn't agree more regarding diet pop.  Nasty stuff.  Never been able to acquire the taste.

Oh, dude, whenever I go to Menards I ALWAYS buy that stuff

Sponsored Post

#82 RushBoingo

RushBoingo

    Superconductor

  • Members *
  • 1094 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Winnipeg
  • Interests:Concerts, Music, Amusement Parks, Road Trips, Laughing.
    Favorite Bands: Animal Collective, They Might Be Giants, Rush, too may others to list here

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

Big fan here. I don't drink alcohol, so Soft Drinks are my go to beverage. My favorites are Dr. Pepper and Vanilla Coke.

#83 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 102048 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Interests:Numbers & Codes!

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

Used to love Vanilla Coke. Had it recently and I've found that the novelty of it has worn off. I prefer Cherry Coke on occasion, but regular Coke is just the best.

#84 Xanadu

Xanadu

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1703 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

I am totally a cola person, and really as long as it's not a generic cola, I like it. Cherry colas are good too. I went through a big Mountain Dew kick for a while but had to stop due to the heart palpitations I was getting. Haven't felt them at all since I almost stopped drinking it entirely. Only have it very occasionally now.

#85 Presto-digitation

Presto-digitation

    Creative Writing 101

  • Members
  • 10622 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Music, movies, my family....my goofy Shih Tzu.

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:18 AM

Aside from the occasional Coke at a restaurant, I have given up sofas.  I was an addicted Diet Coke guy.  My stomach and acid reflux has improved in such a major way since giving it up.  Great choice...

#86 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:42 AM

I usually don't drink soda but was craving a 7 UP today.

#87 pjbear05

pjbear05

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2748 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:09 PM

Finishing off a 2 liter of Vernor's that was started to cook the Christmas ham.

#88 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 8815 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:13 PM

View Postpjbear05, on 27 December 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

Finishing off a 2 liter of Vernor's that was started to cook the Christmas ham.
I love Vernor's ! Don't normally get it here in PA but my kids bring it when they travel.

And my daughter discovered the most delicious pop at the local mini Mart- Sprecher's Cream Soda made with cane sugar!  It doesn't really taste like most cream soda, more like a brown sugary ginger ale- so good.  I can tell I'm going to have to limit myself!  :P  :P

#89 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21930 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:19 AM

View PostPresto-digitation, on 27 November 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

Aside from the occasional Coke at a restaurant, I have given up sofas.  I was an addicted Diet Coke guy.  My stomach and acid reflux has improved in such a major way since giving it up.  Great choice...

What about recliners or easy chairs?

:P

#90 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 24933 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:13 AM

I finally kicked the soda habit earlier last summer.  I got a Soda Stream and make and drink 2-3 liters of carbonated water a day without adding anything to it.  I'm really enjoying it.  Regular soda tastes flat in comparison. Most carbonated waters are flat compared to what I can crank out of a Soda Stream.

#91 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:45 AM

View PostMaverick, on 28 December 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

I finally kicked the soda habit earlier last summer.  I got a Soda Stream and make and drink 2-3 liters of carbonated water a day without adding anything to it.  I'm really enjoying it.  Regular soda tastes flat in comparison. Most carbonated waters are flat compared to what I can crank out of a Soda Stream.

Can you tell me what you paid for it? I was thinking of buying one.

Edited by troutman, 28 December 2016 - 10:46 AM.


#92 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 24933 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:23 AM

View Posttroutman, on 28 December 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 28 December 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

I finally kicked the soda habit earlier last summer.  I got a Soda Stream and make and drink 2-3 liters of carbonated water a day without adding anything to it.  I'm really enjoying it.  Regular soda tastes flat in comparison. Most carbonated waters are flat compared to what I can crank out of a Soda Stream.

Can you tell me what you paid for it? I was thinking of buying one.

I think it was right around $100 after buying a couple of other things.  I also bought a two pack of extra bottles.  And later bought another two pack so that now I have 5.  The bottles cannot be washed in the dishwasher or in hot water.  It is the Soda Stream Source.  Looks like Wal-Mart has them for around $75.  You get the Source, one bottle, and one CO2 cartridge.  Exchanging cartridges costs about $15, and one cartridge will make up to 60 liters of water.  That's about $0.25 a liter.  That's crazy inexpensive when compared to buying carbonated water at the store.

#93 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:13 PM

View PostMaverick, on 28 December 2016 - 11:23 AM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 28 December 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 28 December 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

I finally kicked the soda habit earlier last summer.  I got a Soda Stream and make and drink 2-3 liters of carbonated water a day without adding anything to it.  I'm really enjoying it.  Regular soda tastes flat in comparison. Most carbonated waters are flat compared to what I can crank out of a Soda Stream.

Can you tell me what you paid for it? I was thinking of buying one.

I think it was right around $100 after buying a couple of other things.  I also bought a two pack of extra bottles.  And later bought another two pack so that now I have 5.  The bottles cannot be washed in the dishwasher or in hot water.  It is the Soda Stream Source.  Looks like Wal-Mart has them for around $75.  You get the Source, one bottle, and one CO2 cartridge.  Exchanging cartridges costs about $15, and one cartridge will make up to 60 liters of water.  That's about $0.25 a liter.  That's crazy inexpensive when compared to buying carbonated water at the store.

Thanks. :cheers:

#94 ILSnwdog

ILSnwdog

    King Of Car Porn

  • Members *
  • 50368 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago Suburbs
  • Interests:My kids. Music. Cars. Sports. Snowmobiling. Just about anything outdoors.

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

View Postblueschica, on 27 December 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

View Postpjbear05, on 27 December 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

Finishing off a 2 liter of Vernor's that was started to cook the Christmas ham.
I love Vernor's ! Don't normally get it here in PA but my kids bring it when they travel.

And my daughter discovered the most delicious pop at the local mini Mart- Sprecher's Cream Soda made with cane sugar!  It doesn't really taste like most cream soda, more like a brown sugary ginger ale- so good.  I can tell I'm going to have to limit myself!  :P  :P
It's funny how Sprecher got started making soda.  They are primarily a beer brewer.  Shortly after they started brewing, they opened the brewery to tours.  During these tours, they would give out samples of beer.  Randy Sprecher noticed that people would bring their kids on the tour, so he started making root beer, so the kids would have something to drink when they came on the tours.  Little did they know, eventually, their root beer would out sell all of their beers combined.  Their root beer is absolutely amazing.

#95 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 8815 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:43 PM

View PostILSnwdog, on 29 December 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 27 December 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

View Postpjbear05, on 27 December 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

Finishing off a 2 liter of Vernor's that was started to cook the Christmas ham.
I love Vernor's ! Don't normally get it here in PA but my kids bring it when they travel.

And my daughter discovered the most delicious pop at the local mini Mart- Sprecher's Cream Soda made with cane sugar!  It doesn't really taste like most cream soda, more like a brown sugary ginger ale- so good.  I can tell I'm going to have to limit myself!  :P  :P
It's funny how Sprecher got started making soda.  They are primarily a beer brewer.  Shortly after they started brewing, they opened the brewery to tours.  During these tours, they would give out samples of beer.  Randy Sprecher noticed that people would bring their kids on the tour, so he started making root beer, so the kids would have something to drink when they came on the tours.  Little did they know, eventually, their root beer would out sell all of their beers combined.  Their root beer is absolutely amazing.

That's cool !  I had no idea.  I will have to look for their root beer as well, although the cream soda is so good I feel like it could get to be a bad habit real fast!  :D

#96 ILSnwdog

ILSnwdog

    King Of Car Porn

  • Members *
  • 50368 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago Suburbs
  • Interests:My kids. Music. Cars. Sports. Snowmobiling. Just about anything outdoors.

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:49 PM

View Postblueschica, on 29 December 2016 - 02:43 PM, said:

View PostILSnwdog, on 29 December 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 27 December 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

View Postpjbear05, on 27 December 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

Finishing off a 2 liter of Vernor's that was started to cook the Christmas ham.
I love Vernor's ! Don't normally get it here in PA but my kids bring it when they travel.

And my daughter discovered the most delicious pop at the local mini Mart- Sprecher's Cream Soda made with cane sugar!  It doesn't really taste like most cream soda, more like a brown sugary ginger ale- so good.  I can tell I'm going to have to limit myself!  :P  :P
It's funny how Sprecher got started making soda.  They are primarily a beer brewer.  Shortly after they started brewing, they opened the brewery to tours.  During these tours, they would give out samples of beer.  Randy Sprecher noticed that people would bring their kids on the tour, so he started making root beer, so the kids would have something to drink when they came on the tours.  Little did they know, eventually, their root beer would out sell all of their beers combined.  Their root beer is absolutely amazing.

That's cool !  I had no idea.  I will have to look for their root beer as well, although the cream soda is so good I feel like it could get to be a bad habit real fast!  :D
If you are ever in Milwaukee, make sure you check out their brewery tours.  They are just off of I-43, just north of the city.  They have free samples at the end of the tour!  :hail:

#97 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:23 PM

View Postblueschica, on 29 December 2016 - 02:43 PM, said:

View PostILSnwdog, on 29 December 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 27 December 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

View Postpjbear05, on 27 December 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

Finishing off a 2 liter of Vernor's that was started to cook the Christmas ham.
I love Vernor's ! Don't normally get it here in PA but my kids bring it when they travel.

And my daughter discovered the most delicious pop at the local mini Mart- Sprecher's Cream Soda made with cane sugar!  It doesn't really taste like most cream soda, more like a brown sugary ginger ale- so good.  I can tell I'm going to have to limit myself!  :P  :P
It's funny how Sprecher got started making soda.  They are primarily a beer brewer.  Shortly after they started brewing, they opened the brewery to tours.  During these tours, they would give out samples of beer.  Randy Sprecher noticed that people would bring their kids on the tour, so he started making root beer, so the kids would have something to drink when they came on the tours.  Little did they know, eventually, their root beer would out sell all of their beers combined.  Their root beer is absolutely amazing.

That's cool !  I had no idea.  I will have to look for their root beer as well, although the cream soda is so good I feel like it could get to be a bad habit real fast!  :D

Don't forget the ice cream. Nothing like a root beer float. :drool:

#98 MMCXII

MMCXII

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6217 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Edmonton Alberta
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:30 PM

It's called pop eh..

#99 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 67579 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:46 PM

View PostMMCXII, on 06 January 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

It's called pop eh..
:lol:

We always called it pop, too.

#100 MMCXII

MMCXII

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6217 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Edmonton Alberta
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:44 AM

View Postgoose, on 08 January 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

View PostMMCXII, on 06 January 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

It's called pop eh..
:lol:

We always called it pop, too.

Pretty sure it's a Canadian thing




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users