Congrats to Andy Murray

FountainOfSyrinx

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 11 2012, 04:49 AM)
yes.gif
It's quite a way off and anything can happen, but I'd like to see him win Wimbledon next year too.

And hopefully we'll see more of a TRUE 4-way battle for supremacy with him, Fed, Djoker, and Rafa for a few more years to come.

Aye...

trink39.gif

So all of the Big 4 have each won a slam this year, plus Murray has the olympic gold medal and the others have a couple of masters titles...

2012 Slam record:

Murray has 1 slam, 1 final, 1 semi, 1 quarter-final

Fed has 1 slam, 2 semis and a quarter

Djoko has 1 slam, 2 finals and a semi

Nadal has 1 slam and a final

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 11 2012, 07:09 PM)
yes.gif
It's quite a way off and anything can happen, but I'd like to see him win Wimbledon next year too.

And hopefully we'll see more of a TRUE 4-way battle for supremacy with him, Fed, Djoker, and Rafa for a few more years to come.

Aye...

trink39.gif

So all of the Big 4 have each won a slam this year, plus Murray has the olympic gold medal and the others have a couple of masters titles...

2012 Slam record:

I'd like to see all of them at 100% for the year-ending Masters Championships. Who rounds out the rest of the top 8?...Ferrer, Tsonga, Berdych, Del Potro? If not, it should be that. I don't want to hear any crap about Isner, Nishikori, or Fish breaking into the top 8 wink.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 11 2012, 05:34 AM)
yes.gif

Aye...

trink39.gif

2012 Slam record:

I'd like to see all of them at 100% for the year-ending Masters Championships. Who rounds out the rest of the top 8?...Ferrer, Tsonga, Berdych, Del Potro? If not, it should be that. I don't want to hear any crap about Isner, Nishikori, or Fish breaking into the top 8 wink.gif

Yeah I'm pretty much certain it will be those four to make up the final 8. Isner is just a serve bot really, Nishi has no chance and Fish is about 28 in the world now after dropping most of his big points from last year so he's doomed.

I suppose Tipsarevic could sneak in there if Tsonga has a bad run in the next few weeks. Actually I think he's very close to him in the years points race so he has a good chance.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 10 2012, 11:19 PM)
For all of you tennis fans out there, great to see this guy finally win a big one biggrin.gif

happy for merry olde england...nice to have a champion!!! It was fun watching beat a great player.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 12 2012, 03:25 AM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 10 2012, 11:19 PM)
For all of you tennis fans out there, great to see this guy finally win a big one  biggrin.gif

happy for merry olde england...nice to have a champion!!! It was fun watching beat a great player.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif

He's from Scotland

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 12 2012, 03:01 AM)
yes.gif

Aye...

trink39.gif

2012 Slam record:

Yeah I'm pretty much certain it will be those four to make up the final 8. Isner is just a serve bot really, Nishi has no chance and Fish is about 28 in the world now after dropping most of his big points from last year so he's doomed.

I suppose Tipsarevic could sneak in there if Tsonga has a bad run in the next few weeks. Actually I think he's very close to him in the years points race so he has a good chance.

- Fish belongs in the 20 and 30 rankings anyway.

- Nishikori would be blasted off the court so bad in that season-ending championship that his spine would snap.

- Yeah, Isner is a one-dimensional Marc Rosset type player.

- Tipsy would be the only reasonable replacement for Tsonga. Although I think Tsonga is much more talented.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 13 2012, 08:13 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 12 2012, 03:01 AM)
yes.gif

Aye...

trink39.gif

2012 Slam record:

- Fish belongs in the 20 and 30 rankings anyway.

- Nishikori would be blasted off the court so bad in that season-ending championship that his spine would snap.

- Yeah, Isner is a one-dimensional Marc Rosset type player.

- Tipsy would be the only reasonable replacement for Tsonga. Although I think Tsonga is much more talented.

Tsonga needs to work on being more consistent, and cut out the first and second round losses in slams to nobodies who lose in the next round, like Berdych...

I used to dislike Andy Murray because I was a longtime fan of Federer. Then over the years I began to realize that Andy is actually one of the good ones and a really great tennis player. He's not a jerk or a bad sportsman like Novak. Andy is a decent human being just like Roger and Rafa.

Old threads are old threads.

Then let's make it a new old thread...

If the ATP singles race to the year end championships ended today it'd look like this:

1) Rafa

2) Fed

3) Thiem

4) Stan

5) Cilic

6) Zverev

7) Djoker

8) Murray

I'd be pretty happy with that.

We wouldn't have the one dimensional mug in Raonic, the powerful yet never goes anywhere Berdych, or the skilled yet injury-prone Nishikori.

But we'd still get the Big Four (though hopefully Murray & Djoker can recover soon), the always dangerous Stan, the talented Thiem, big hitting Cilic, and new blood to the year end championships in Zverev.

If the ATP singles race to the year end championships ended today it'd look like this:

1) Rafa

2) Fed

3) Thiem

4) Stan

5) Cilic

6) Zverev

7) Djoker

8) Murray

We wouldn't have the one dimensional mug in Raonic, the powerful yet never goes anywhere Berdych, or the skilled yet injury-prone Nishikori.

But we'd still get the Big Four (though hopefully Murray & Djoker can recover soon), the always dangerous Stan, the talented Thiem, big hitting Cilic, and new blood to the year end championships in Zverev.

I don't think Murray will finish 8th, he needs to do a ton of shit just to stay in there, and it doesn't look like he's gonna do anything right now.

1) Rafa

2) Fed

3) Thiem

4) Stan

5) Cilic

6) Zverev

7) Djoker

8) Murray

I don't think Murray will finish 8th, he needs to do a ton of shit just to stay in there, and it doesn't look like he's gonna do anything right now.

Just with the big tourneys' points left that he'll have to defend from 2016:

- he didn't play the Canadian Open

- he made the Cincy finals

- won Shanghai & the Paris Masters

- and made the U.S. Open quarters

I didn't bother to look up his 250 & 500 series tourney results but those Masters titles and final and can't imagine him defending. Not in his current situation anyway.

1) Rafa

2) Fed

3) Thiem

4) Stan

5) Cilic

6) Zverev

7) Djoker

8) Murray

Just with the big tourneys' points left that he'll have to defend from 2016:

- he didn't play the Canadian Open

- he made the Cincy finals

- won Shanghai & the Paris Masters

- and made the U.S. Open quarters

I didn't bother to look up his 250 & 500 series tourney results but those Masters titles and final and can't imagine him defending. Not in his current situation anyway.

Currently, only 285 points separate Murray and Rafa.