#21 ReGorLaTroy

ReGorLaTroy

Modern Day Alice Cooper

• Members *
  • 12548 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 9 2012, 06:25 PM)
TL,DR wall of text.

I'm an "old guy" and I love the setlist.

goodpost.gif

+1

Sponsored Post

#22 Alchemical

Alchemical

The Seeker

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (av450 @ Sep 9 2012, 07:07 PM)
This is all on my news feed and it's sickening. Why are we so mean to each other. It's psychological. It's the way we are raised. Do you know how many people kill themselves over all this? Do you know how many people buy guns to execute people like this? How do you think adults feel who have lost their children to suicide or gun violence feel looking at this stuff on the Internet. The things we say to each other. Wild animals don't even do this to their prey. We are so cruel to one another. Does anyone know what it feels like to burry a child whose committed suicide or has been killed for bullying. These things happen. People kill each other for these reasons. This is all in our minds. Chemicals in our bodies are released when we feel the need to put people down. Thats what makes us feel the high we feel when drama starts. There is such a thing as blocking each other and reporting this stuff to Facebook. We aren't in middle school anymore. How would we feel if our kids were going through this. It's sad when people feel the need to put others down. Someone who can post a picture like this has a right too. If others are offended by it block them. Going back and forth saying all this unnecessary bull makes everyone look bad. Then when someone kills themselves everyone wipes their hands clean and don't want to deal with the law. If any of you were to be found dead these people who are being cruel are found guilty of voluntary manslaughter and not only that, but two families loose their children. Do you really want to put the women who brought you into this world through that? Some people don't even have moms or families. Some people have cancer or homeless and even worse like in unbearable situations like war and poverty like in third world countries. I just can't fathom how we can say such cruel things back and forth. It's unbelievable how ungrateful we are that we have all the things we have. We are all beautiful in our own ways and no one has the right to judge. You don't know what everyone wakes up too and falls asleep too. This whole thing has been blown out of control and I already reported it and the police have been notified. And names have been recorded and they Are locating your where abouts as of right now. This is a serious matter

laugh.gif  applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif  laugh.gif  

#23 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4652 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Don'tMeetInBars @ Sep 9 2012, 03:36 PM)
I think RUSH has earned the right to play whatever they want at this point.

I'd much rather have them excited and happy rediscovering the 80's tunes and the new album than going through the motions on the old old stuff. (& I'm a huge fan of 70's Rush)

If you try to please everybody you become Journey.  tongue.gif

Please don't replace Geddy with some Filipino guy.

#24 ZachenFoot

ZachenFoot

The Seeker

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Radio, television, broadcasting, baseball, hockey, music, writing.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

I love this. "Completely ignoring their past." These albums came out 30 years ago, well before I was even born rofl3.gif

I swear to God some of you guys are the biggest spoiled brats around. The band still records and tours consistently and some of you just use any opportunity to whine. Go ahead and sell your ticket; it's another seat for a happy fan.

Before Rush, I was a die-hard Van Halen fan. When you adore a band that doesn't care about you whatsoever, come back to me. That's why I love Rush; they know their capabilities, still tour and record, and try and make both their fans and themselves happy. Plus 20 albums in, I think they've generated the right to play what they want.

I stopped posting here a few years back because posts like this happened way too regularly. It seems more rare now and it's nice to see this place is a lot happier and more positive. Because there really aren't many reasons to be negative trink39.gif  

#25 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4652 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

How can you tell they just started a new tour?

37 User(s) are reading this topic (16 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

#26 thizzellewashington

thizzellewashington

The Seeker

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

How dare the band that only has a career because they didn't listen to what other people wanted them to do play a setlist that doesn't conform to somebody else's demands?

#27 Snaked

Snaked

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3339 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Sep 9 2012, 08:14 PM)
How dare the band that only has a career because they didn't listen to what other people wanted them to do play a setlist that doesn't conform to somebody else's demands?

You Sir win a cookie.  

#28 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7471 posts
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Sports

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

You know what I'm old and I Love the set list. Could it have been better, Yes! Could it have been much much worse. Definately!

"Is is what it is! All is for the best!"

tongue.gif

#29 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 99566 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 9 2012, 04:29 PM)
All that you can do is Wish Them Well...

When you truly wish someone well, you do not arrogantly notify them so.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=76534&st=0

#30 Kubla~Khan

Kubla~Khan

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy the Florida lifestyle, I own South Florida Marine Repair.
    I play Bass guitar in a Praise & Worship band every week. Usually around 1500 in attendance a weekend in a contemporary church.
    I'm married to the coolest woman in the world!
    I try to keep my life pretty simple. I usually begin my day with a morning bible devotional.

My Facebook: Randall Reed

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 9 2012, 06:23 PM)
Rush gives their 70s fans a middle finger on the CA Tour. With ticket prices averaging $100.00 + this is what they do ? By what I can tell on this forum many of you are younger and have no problem with this, but you know what, Rush became popular during the 70s. Us older fans went to their shows, bought their albums, t shirts and tour books. Had a great time. This all came to a head when Moving Pictures came out and Rush was king. Record sales through the roof. All was well in Rushworld. Signals came out and was great and then they get the bright idea to not use Terry Brown and start dropping their epicness for a bunch of lame 80s records and set list that started the trend of completely ignoring their past along with a segment of their fan base, you know, the ones they gained their popularity on. It's very insulting to do this to the fans that got them there, but apparently there are other generations after who seem to love their post 1985 stuff. That's fine, I just think that Rush could put aside 45 minutes in their set list to please the older fans. After all that is the least they could do and they #!#@%ing know it. Instead they take the "This is what we are going to do and we can care less about the fans" attitude. O.K. fine. I give up. I will not be going to this show. The first Rush tour I will miss since the Hemispheres Tour. I was a diehard and they threw fans like me under the bus. I'm sick of it !!!!!!!!!!! Must be nice making tons of money playing a bunch of songs some of us don't want to hear, oh and by the way, make sure no one steals your t-shirt money Rush because you don't make any on the concert ticket. Give me a #$@%ing break.

I, I, I, Me, Me, Me...

eshine, I'm an old timer myself... I would never turn down an opportunity to go to a  2.gif show just because I got wind of a set list, you just never know what life has in store for you.

There aren't to many bands that face the challenge of putting together a perfect set list for their fans or even headline their own show now days.

Maybe, The Rolling Stones, Iron Maiden, U2 or Metalica? I'm sure they would piss you off too, if their set list wasn't constructed just right?

Sounds to me like you need to set back, fire up a fatty and put on an old Rush album... I'll be at the show

I approve this message!  cool10.gif  

#31 ZachenFoot

ZachenFoot

The Seeker

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Radio, television, broadcasting, baseball, hockey, music, writing.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

I think it's miles ahead of the TMT setlist. Wow. I remember wanting to go in surprised since I was the fourth stop of the tour. Big mistake; Moving Pictures saved that show, but the entire first set was so bland and uninteresting to me, save Marathon.

I like everything about this set save for a couple minor shortcomings, but hey, it'll never be perfect.

#32 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 99566 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

SOCN is a friendlier place to be right now scared.gif

#33 ReRushed

ReRushed

My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

• Members
  • 18679 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

You're livin' in the past, man! You're hung up on some band from the seventies, man!

#34 Flying Finn

Flying Finn

The Seeker

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Few reasons why the setlist is probably what it is.

#1 - The biggest reason is that Geddy's is a grumpy old man... eh an old man so he can't sing 70s stuff anymore night after night. They have to pick newer stuff that suits his voice much better.

#2 - Clockwork Angels is hard rocking album so they wanted to have good balance of synth stuff, hard rock stuff, classics and mellower stuff. I think they got this pretty much right.

#3 - How many times have we heard Natural Science, Limelight, Freewill, Red Barchetta etc. in the last 10 years? Or in the last 30 years? I tell you. Too many times. They wanted to play lot's of songs we haven't heard for years. That shouldn't be bad thing should it? Yes they left out some fan favourites but unfortunately they can't play everything.

Everybody knew we are going to get lots of CA stuff and that's a great thing because most of the material is very good. We also know that they will play Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio and YYZ. The setlist shouldn't be that big shock even though I understand if you expected few more 70s songs. But even with let's say Xanadu and The Trees over Red Sector A and The Big Money the setlist wouldn't be that much different so I really don't understand all the bitching. Sorry but your expectations were unrealistic.

Edited by Flying Finn, 09 September 2012 - 07:21 PM.

#35 sitboaf

sitboaf

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (Animate @ Sep 9 2012, 07:47 PM)
Here's the deal.    The band did put out something for those of us that are hardcore 70's Rush fans:  Get ready!!   They put out an amazing brand new album called Clockwork Angels!  An album that, while modern, is more than a little throwback to a hard rock and progressive rock style!  No, the vocals are not up to par with 70's Geddy, but nothing ever will be ever.  

Rush played Moving Pictures ENTIRELY on the last tour!   Now, they have a tour that is 1/2 a new hard rock album and 1/2 paying homage to the synth era and all anyone can do is b&tch about it.

Amen, brother.
goodpost.gif  

#36 Astroboy2112

Astroboy2112

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

I dont believe the whole "they're not playing 70's songs cuz Geddy cant sing it" explanation. They are playing working man as well as Temples. Ged sang Circumstances & Bangkok on the S&A tour.

I believe the real reason is the LYRICS. They picked songs that best suited the concept of Clockwork Angels. All the songs being  played deal with social issues, humanism, man vs machine,etc  and match the themes explored on CA and it's novel. I think this whole show is ONE big concept show. Poster Dayglow explained really well on another thread.

You better believe that before it's all said and done they will play 2112 in it's entirety in a future tour. It's just that some of those songs old fans want dont fit the themes of CA and what they are triying to say TODAY.

Edited by Astroboy2112, 09 September 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#37 zac2112

zac2112

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Women with long legs, The quest for my first hole in one, History, Politics, Sports, Music, and the worlds best Vodkas.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (ZachenFoot @ Sep 9 2012, 07:18 PM)
I think it's miles ahead of the TMT setlist. Wow. I remember wanting to go in surprised since I was the fourth stop of the tour. Big mistake; Moving Pictures saved that show, but the entire first set was so bland and uninteresting to me, save Marathon.

I like everything about this set save for a couple minor shortcomings, but hey, it'll never be perfect.

couldnt disagree with your analysis more, liked the TM set list very much, good variety, different eras etc. But its what a fan forum is all about, discussions, debates its all good. I think its fine if someone wants to come on here and say CA set sucks! in fact i tend to agree but im still going to go, ill still have a blast, and hope i leave the show feeling differently! Hell ill still burn one with the nerds who think power windows is good Rush! Well maybe smile.gif      

#38 Gedneil Alpeart

Gedneil Alpeart

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1868 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 9 2012, 06:23 PM)
Rush gives their 70s fans a middle finger on the CA Tour. With ticket prices averaging $100.00 + this is what they do ? By what I can tell on this forum many of you are younger and have no problem with this, but you know what, Rush became popular during the 70s. Us older fans went to their shows, bought their albums, t shirts and tour books. Had a great time. This all came to a head when Moving Pictures came out and Rush was king. Record sales through the roof. All was well in Rushworld. Signals came out and was great and then they get the bright idea to not use Terry Brown and start dropping their epicness for a bunch of lame 80s records and set list that started the trend of completely ignoring their past along with a segment of their fan base, you know, the ones they gained their popularity on. It's very insulting to do this to the fans that got them there, but apparently there are other generations after who seem to love their post 1985 stuff. That's fine, I just think that Rush could put aside 45 minutes in their set list to please the older fans. After all that is the least they could do and they #!#@%ing know it. Instead they take the "This is what we are going to do and we can care less about the fans" attitude. O.K. fine. I give up. I will not be going to this show. The first Rush tour I will miss since the Hemispheres Tour. I was a diehard and they threw fans like me under the bus. I'm sick of it !!!!!!!!!!! Must be nice making tons of money playing a bunch of songs some of us don't want to hear, oh and by the way, make sure no one steals your t-shirt money Rush because you don't make any on the concert ticket. Give me a #$@%ing break.

Need a tissue?

#39 brideofskully

brideofskully

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect

Think about it, then put it into practice please if you've taken *anything* away from Rush's music.
Also, some posts don't warrant a reply; it's kind of like poking a skunk with a stick, don't you think?

#40 Gedneil Alpeart

Gedneil Alpeart

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1868 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Astroboy2112 @ Sep 9 2012, 07:34 PM)
I dont believe the whole "they're not playing 70's songs cuz Geddy cant sing it" explanation. They are playing working man as well as Temples. Ged sang Circumstances & Bangkok on the S&A tour.

I believe the real reason is the LYRICS. They picked songs that best suited the concept of Clockwork Angels. All the songs being  played deal with social issues, humanism, man vs machine,etc  and match the themes explored on CA and it's novel. I think this whole show is ONE big concept show. Poster Dayglow explained really well on another thread.

You better believe that before it's all said and done they will play 2112 in it's entirety in a future tour. It's just that some of those songs old fans want dont fit the themes of CA and what they are triying to say TODAY.

This

goodpost.gif  yes.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users