Clockwork Angels Tour Setlist

Tombstone Mountain

what's your opinion of the setlist?  

501 members have voted

1. 1. what's your opinion of the setlist?

• Chubby Jimmy...it don't get no better than this
    • Thumbs up...it rocks
    • Thumbs down...Screw the 70's
    • The Finger...This is an atrocity!
    • The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed!

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 8 2012, 10:59 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 09:57 AM)
QUOTE (FarUnlitUnknown @ Sep 8 2012, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Sep 8 2012, 10:44 AM)
I give this setlist HUGE props! Power Windows finally gets some love!

I'm psyched to see "The Body Electric" on there, especially "Territories"!

I'm sad to see no Presto songs on there. I'm glad the P/g songs made up for it, though! biggrin.gif

DECEMBER 2ND, Y U NO HURRY ALREADY?!

Yes! Body Electric is such a wild surprise. One of my favorites from the period. And Power Windows really has to be one of their best of any period. smile.gif

Listening to Power Windows right now...I'm so pumped about this...what an album to highlight...How was geddy's voice on these songs? Curious about that... smile.gif

2.gif

Check out the YouTube clips.....he sounds pretty good.

Is there one of Clockwork Angels? Been looking for that...lil' help?

1022.gif

Yeah he sounds great...light show is the best I've seen Howard come up with

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 10:06 AM)

I'm sad to see no Presto songs on there. I'm glad the P/g songs made up for it, though! biggrin.gif

Yes! Body Electric is such a wild surprise. One of my favorites from the period. And Power Windows really has to be one of their best of any period. smile.gif

Listening to Power Windows right now...I'm so pumped about this...what an album to highlight...How was geddy's voice on these songs? Curious about that... smile.gif

2.gif

1022.gif

no, haven't seen that one yet....

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 12:06 PM)

2.gif

1022.gif

I love seventies Rush. A Farewell to Kings is my favorite album. But Power Windows is my second favorite. And eighties Rush has gotten short shrift for too long. This is the most daring setlist I have ever seen them come up with. I am super psyched to see this show!

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Sep 8 2012, 11:36 AM)
I love seventies Rush. A Farewell to Kings is my favorite album. But Power Windows is my second favorite. And eighties Rush has gotten short shrift for too long. This is the most daring setlist I have ever seen them come up with. I am super psyched to see this show!

Thank you and well said 1022.gif

The setlist is awesome. What is even more awesome is that we still get to see our favorite band play live. They could play Mary Had A Little Lamb and I would be happy. Can't wait to see the show for myself...only 79 more wakeups!

2.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 8 2012, 08:12 AM)
Headlong Flight was very cool

cool10.gif Did the dwarves land safely? 1022.gif

Oddly enough.....yes. On couches in the final movie of the night (after the last encore) in the Office of The Watchmaker. They were quite.....small....

Though when required, one of them can sound just like Geddy on the phone. Freaky. wink.gif

2.gif 1022.gif

No complaints! Power Windows is not up there with my favourite albums, but I'm just happy to see songs on there I haven't seen live before. Can't wait for the CA-heavy second set, either, though I expected 7CoG over Wish Them Well. Despite the long run it has had, I do also miss NatSci but that may be just because it's my favourite song and I'm biased...

So much of their stuff is better in concert than on the album. I tend to find deeper appreciation for their songs once I hear them live- i.e. Marathon on last tour. Can't really complain about the setlist until you've "experienced" the setlist!

QUOTE (ifloveremains @ Sep 8 2012, 12:01 PM)
No complaints! Power Windows is not up there with my favourite albums, but I'm just happy to see songs on there I haven't seen live before. Can't wait for the CA-heavy second set, either, though I expected 7CoG over Wish Them Well. Despite the long run it has had, I do also miss NatSci but that may be just because it's my favourite song and I'm biased...

I agree, Natural Science or just about anything else at the end would have been better than Working Man again! Even an Instrumedley.

yes.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 8 2012, 12:24 PM)

I agree, Natural Science or just about anything else at the end would have been better than Working Man again! Even an Instrumedley.

yes.gif

Working Man seems so out of place in this setlist...I hate it for ya about Losing it dude...don't seem right. sad.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 12:33 PM)

yes.gif

Working Man seems so out of place in this setlist...I hate it for ya about Losing it dude...don't seem right. sad.gif

Its cool! I guess better this way than to hear it live and not like it. However, much I doubt that!

Better still never to have known it, than watch it die! I think?

rose.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 8 2012, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 12:33 PM)

yes.gif

Its cool! I guess better this way than to hear it live and not like it. However, much I doubt that!

Better still never to have known it, than watch it die! I think?

rose.gif

You been drinking the sorrows away? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Sep 8 2012, 01:16 PM)
i'll enjoy it just fine but Alex promised us Jacob's Ladder!

Bastard.

Yeah...I wonder if he'll tell us jokes in DC, or if that was a one time thing? No Jacobs Ladder...I'm glad...that song sucks ph34r.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 8 2012, 01:52 AM)
Nothing from 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, only 1 song from Permanent Waves, 2 from Moving Pictures, obviously nothing from Fly by Night and Caress of Steel and only 2 from Signals = a bad setlist...

It's basically A Show of Hands II + Clockwork Angels and Far Cry...

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I couldn't agree more.

This set list blows, i cant believe they opened with a softie, and continue through the first set with lame pw songs. Synth era Rush is by far my least fav, saw both the pw, and gup tours which have been my least fav to this day. They dont redeem with second set by leaving out scog fron ca, and then manhatten project, and red sector a blah.

QUOTE (zac2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 01:36 PM)
This set list blows, i cant believe they opened with a softie, and continue through the first set with lame pw songs. Synth era Rush is by far my least fav, saw both the pw, and gup tours which have been my least fav to this day. They dont redeem with second set by leaving out scog fron ca, and then manhatten project, and red sector a blah.

Sooooo.....did you go middle finger or stinkpalm?