Clockwork Angels Tour Setlist

Tombstone Mountain

what's your opinion of the setlist?  

501 members have voted

1. 1. what's your opinion of the setlist?

• Chubby Jimmy...it don't get no better than this
    • Thumbs up...it rocks
    • Thumbs down...Screw the 70's
    • The Finger...This is an atrocity!
    • The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed!

Just got in from the Minneapolis show. WOW! It was nice to hear Power Windows material. I just hope they play the b-list in Vegas so I can hear Middletown Dreams. Geddy rocked the CA songs, especially Headlong Flight. It was also a nice twist on Neil's solo, breaking it up into 3 parts.

I thought the set list was great. Loved hearing so much from the 80s that I haven't seen them play in 20+ years, plus got to see them play a couple of songs from that era that I'd not seen them perform before (Grand Designs, Body Electric). Would've loved to hear Losing It, with the string ensemble. Analog Kid rocked like a bar steward. 1022.gif

I thought the new material was fantastic live, especially the title track and Headlong Flight, which was my highlight of the night.

QUOTE (Sark @ Sep 24 2012, 10:30 PM)
Just got in from the Minneapolis show. WOW! It was nice to hear Power Windows material. I just hope they play the b-list in Vegas so I can hear Middletown Dreams. Geddy rocked the CA songs, especially Headlong Flight. It was also a nice twist on Neil's solo, breaking it up into 3 parts.

unfortunatey, the addition if the San Diego show prolly means you'll get A set again.

Was pretty "meh" about the first set when we all first learned of it that opening night. Got to thinking/listening - got to liking it a little better. Went to the concert and with two exceptions - thought it was great. 2.gif live makes damn near every song BETTER! That being said, I still have zero idea how the subdued Subdivisions makes the opener. Hell, Big Money would have been better - but hey it's 2.gif - they could open with Different Strings and I'd go.

Update Time--Latest Tally

Here is the official Rush Forum opinion of the setlist

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Chubby Jimmy...it don't get no better than this [ 77 ] [17.70%]

Thumbs up...it rocks [ 298 ] [68.51%]

Thumbs down...Screw the 70's [ 23 ] [5.29%]

The Finger...This is an atrocity! [ 25 ] [5.75%]

The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed! [ 12 ] [2.76%]

Total Votes: 435

86.21% have voted Thumbs Up or higher new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

25 Middle Fingers new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif fists crying.gif

QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 7 2012, 11:00 PM)
A pathetic setlist for this band. It is lazy.

1/2 of these songs could be replace and NO ONE would care.

Terrtories, Red Sector A, Bravado, Force 10, Big Money, The Garden (beautiful song but not for a concert), Halo Effect all should be gone.

Overall I thought it was a fresh setlist and ended up appreciating seeing a few of those live.

But I agree with your list there. Those should be gone. Big Money was acceptable though.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Sep 26 2012, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 7 2012, 11:00 PM)
A pathetic setlist for this band.  It is lazy. 

1/2 of these songs could be replace and NO ONE would care.

Terrtories, Red Sector A, Bravado, Force 10, Big Money, The Garden (beautiful song but not for a concert), Halo Effect all should be gone.

Overall I thought it was a fresh setlist and ended up appreciating seeing a few of those live.

But I agree with your list there. Those should be gone. Big Money was acceptable though.

You said that seeing Clockwork Angels elevated your opinion of the album because of sound...did any of the songs become revelations to you at that point, or did it move the needle barely?

I thought Territories aned Force Ten were performed quite well...did the songs lack feel or what was it?

Just axin!

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Sep 27 2012, 11:03 AM)
I think seeing CA live confirmed my prior opinion of the album. I think its a very strong album with 2 great songs, 4 strong songs, 3 good songs and 3 throw aways, marred by poor sound quality to the point I struggle to listen to it.

Pretty much the consensus of those who went to the shows is that Clockwork Angels material was the highlight of the evening. The first set was a welcome contrast to the heaviness of the CA set.

QUOTE (Rushfanman @ Sep 27 2012, 09:50 PM)
The weakest song on the current tour is Manhattan Project, that tune should have stayed in the 80's.

Why? It's an incredibly beautiful song with a powerful message that still has meaning, especially with how thing's are occurring today in the world. It's not a synth heavy song at all. It's very different and I believe the first time Rush incorporated a string ensemble/orchestra into their music. I don't believe a song has to be riff-heavy and fast in order to be a concert song.

I bet many would disagree with you though. I have seen quite a few people who have been very responsive to the song.

Edited by GUP1771

QUOTE (Rushfanman @ Sep 27 2012, 10:50 PM)
The weakest song on the current tour is Manhattan Project, that tune should have stayed in the 80's.

no.gif no.gif

Far from that. MP was a definite (non-CA) highlight for me (and for many others) 1022.gif 1022.gif

the setlist is pretty sweet, although, this is how i would change it

note Set 1 is shortened by one song to allow 3 song encore

Set 1 (shortened by one song to allow 3 song encore):

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Force 10

Grand Designs

YYZ (instead of the body electric)

The Analog Kid (instead of Territories)

Bravado

Where's My Thing

Far Cry

Set 2:

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

Halo Effect

Seven Cities of Gold

The Garden

Manhattan Project

Dreamline

Red Sector A

Xanadu

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx/Grand Finale

that would be perfect in my opinion, but the original is still a quality set smile.gif

Edited by aaronrusso

RUSH OF COURSE ! But why DO you have SEATS in floor level..?

Read from somewhere hat some "fans" want to hear and remember the hits they've grown with but like Dirk say Big Al don't know what that word really is..

2.gif no-one even close.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 28 2012, 11:25 PM)
QUOTE (Rushfanman @ Sep 27 2012, 10:50 PM)

no.gif no.gif

Far from that. MP was a definite (non-CA) highlight for me (and for many others) 1022.gif 1022.gif

I agree--just a total joy. well written, well played, and Geddy's voice continues to impress me live. Territories as well. Just not getting people saying that it just sucked live...whatever 1022.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Oct 1 2012, 11:36 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Oct 1 2012, 11:31 AM)
Still tugging at those utters I see!

laugh.gif

The rocket sauce bottle still has something in it.

There's milk in the rocket sauce bottle, OMG!

ohmy.gif

Love The Body Electric but they could lose Grand Designs, Red Sector A and Territories. I would like to hear more obscure stuff that's not from the Power Windows era. Maybe Cygnus X-1, In The End, Lakeside Park...etc. Songs we haven't heard in like forever. As long as Geddy can sing it, or its an instrumental, I'm all for it.

QUOTE (EagleMoon @ Oct 1 2012, 03:22 PM)
Love The Body Electric but they could lose Grand Designs, Red Sector A and Territories. I would like to hear more obscure stuff that's not from the Power Windows era. Maybe Cygnus X-1, In The End, Lakeside Park...etc. Songs we haven't heard in like forever. As long as Geddy can sing it, or its an instrumental, I'm all for it.

thanks for joining the thread with your opinion eaglemoon...I have a feeling we'll never get to hear those songs, but hey, that's what dreams are made of...are you going to see them this tour?

1022.gif

I like this setlist. I've always particularly liked the synth era stuff. However, the last few songs seems to bring this down. I don't really feel that they truly go with the rest of the set. Everything else is awesome.

And also, I don't think I could get to much of Clockwork Angels; I love how much their doing.