Clockwork Angels Tour Setlist

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

Poll: what's your opinion of the setlist? (501 member(s) have cast votes)

what's your opinion of the setlist?

1. Chubby Jimmy...it don't get no better than this (87 votes [17.33%])

Percentage of vote: 17.33%

2. Thumbs up...it rocks (350 votes [69.72%])

Percentage of vote: 69.72%

3. Thumbs down...Screw the 70's (26 votes [5.18%])

Percentage of vote: 5.18%

4. The Finger...This is an atrocity! (26 votes [5.18%])

Percentage of vote: 5.18%

5. The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed! (13 votes [2.59%])

Percentage of vote: 2.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 sportzfan76

sportzfan76

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 8 2012, 12:00 AM)
A pathetic setlist for this band.  It is lazy. 

1/2 of these songs could be replace and NO ONE would care.

Terrtories, Red Sector A, Bravado, Force 10, Big Money, The Garden (beautiful song but not for a concert), Halo Effect all should be gone.

whatever dazed025.gif  

Sponsored Post

#22 Gilbertk

Gilbertk

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1150 posts
  • Interests:Making music, carpentry, travel

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (sportzfan76 @ Sep 7 2012, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 8 2012, 12:00 AM)
A pathetic setlist for this band.  It is lazy. 

Terrtories, Red Sector A, Bravado, Force 10, Big Money, The Garden (beautiful song but not for a concert), Halo Effect all should be gone.

whatever dazed025.gif

Oh come on... Just because you don't like them doesn't mean NO ONE would care. I happen to love the 80's era. I was so excited to see that Territories would be in the set!

All the songs you list I have never been able to see live, so I'm excited for all. Not so much Halo Effect, but still excited.

#23 Alchemical

Alchemical

The Seeker

• Members
  • 494 posts

QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 7 2012, 11:00 PM)
A pathetic setlist for this band.  It is lazy.  

Lazy? I'm sorry, but lazy is the last word that comes to mind when looking at this setlist.

You wanna know what would really be lazy? Regurgitating the songs we always hear on every single tour. Rush broke boundaries tonight and more than ever they played for THEMSELVES. Right...challenging, refreshing material from the 80s is real "lazy".  

#24 DBJetsman

DBJetsman

The Seeker

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Love football, basketball, and classic rock! My top 3 bands ever are The Who, Rush, and Led Zeppelin.

That's the most bulls*** setlist I've ever seen.  4 songs from PoW (ONE OF THEIR WORST ALBUMS EVER) and not even the best one (Marathon)?  2 songs from Signals and Moving Pictures: REALLY???  They are complete dumbasses and will never ever be the greatest band ever...

My dad now doesn't even want to go anyone because the setlist is a giant pile of s***

angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif  

#25 WCFIELDS

WCFIELDS

I'd rather be in Philadelphia

• Members *
  • 8740 posts
  • Interests:Computers<br>Music<br>Work<br>

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 7 2012, 09:06 PM)
You know the setlist...how ya feelin about it?

not so good....

#26 sitboaf

sitboaf

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Sep 7 2012, 11:59 PM)
Seriously rethinking going. Not a bad set-list, but at record ticket prices, hard to justify. A surprising lack of staples in the list. A lot of '80s.

To concert-goers, how was geddy's voice holding up?

As I posted elsewhere,
Geddy's voice sounded AMAZING.
He only shied away from maybe (MAYBE!) 3 or 4 high notes during the whole concert.
He belted high and hard all night long. Grade of "A", easily.

This was clearly a concert for fans of the new album, and for those who were a bit tired of the same old setlist. It was also a chance to put a modern (less synthy) stamp on some forgotten '80s gems. Great idea.

Dudes, and dudettes, they rocked so FREAKING HARD doing the block of CA... if you like the new album, don't even think about skipping this show. Ten songs! (one poster forgot to include Halo Effect, and the other missed the fact that parts of BU2B2 were in Alex's electric solo.)

1022.gif  

#27 Gilbertk

Gilbertk

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1150 posts
  • Interests:Making music, carpentry, travel

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Sep 7 2012, 11:18 PM)
That's the most bulls*** setlist I've ever seen.  4 songs from PoW (ONE OF THEIR WORST ALBUMS EVER) and not even the best one (Marathon)?  2 songs from Signals and Moving Pictures: REALLY???  They are complete dumbasses and will never ever be the greatest band ever...

My dad now doesn't even want to go anyone because the setlist is a giant pile of s***

Woah!!!! Chill there dude  ohmy.gif  

#28 ColdFireYYZ

ColdFireYYZ

Prog Hipster

• Members
  • 6174 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Sep 8 2012, 12:18 AM)

How many threads are you going to post this in?  

#29 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7471 posts
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Sports

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

You know I like this set list even though they ommited Losing It because I grew up with the 80's RUSH era. Now that said, I can see how many fans could be pissed with this set. Not one Epic song. Combined only three song from PeW and MP. Really? It's Signals 30th Anniversary and they show more love to Power Windows. Not one song from CP, Presto or VT not to mention the 70's. Do they know how great Xanadu, Jacobs Ladder or La Villa would have sounded with strings? Working Man again?

doh.gif

I can see why some people are pissed!

yes.gif  

#30 thizzellewashington

thizzellewashington

The Seeker

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

This set list makes me really annoyed I don't get to see them this year. Hope they announce 2013 US dates soon.

I love how in the buildup to this tour it's been "They play too many of the same songs every tour, they need to pull out more deep cuts," and now that they play a show with more "deep cuts" than any of their recent tours, it's "this sucks, it's not exactly the deep cuts I wanted."

Like, yo...Analog Kid, Body Electric, Grand Designs, Territories, Manhattan Project...the rest of the show could be entirely Feedback covers and that's still worth the money.

#31 nhbobcat

nhbobcat

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 7 2012, 11:33 PM)
You know I like this set list even though they ommited Losing It because I grew up with the 80's RUSH era. Now that said, I can see how many fans could be pissed with this set. Not one Epic song. Combined only three song from PeW and MP. Really? It's Signals 30th Anniversary and they show more love to Power Windows. Not one song from CP, Presto or VT not to mention the 70's. Do they know how great Xanadu, Jacobs Ladder or La Villa would have sounded with strings? Working Man again?

doh.gif

I can see why some people are pissed!

yes.gif

Agree...mostly, The first set was amazing - they totally ROCKED "Where's my thing - I was over joyed they played Analog Kid, one of my personal favorites
The CA set was awesome, the title track was the best I think - as for Geddy's voice - top notch throughout and on Headlong Flight I thought he really went for it and the crowd voiced its approval !
But they probably could've left out Halo Effect and WTW
I personally was not happy with manhattan project a 3rd drum solo <really?> and red sector a - thats were Xanadu or Jacob's ladder or anything from that era should've been - could have swapped out working man also, but i liked the ending of that,  Alex completely shredded on that, was amazing to see - the reggae beginning...meh - I was also disappointed they left out 2112 - especially with the ending video where the guy gets card # 2112, I told my son for sure they would come out for another encore and do it - guess I was wrong, lol
All in all I was very pleased, My Son totally loved his first Rush show it was a most excellent evening spent watching those incredible musicians they did not disappoint even tho the set list kinda did  trink39.gif  2.gif  

#32 thizzellewashington

thizzellewashington

The Seeker

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

How dare the greatest drummer in the world take three short solos that add up to roughly the length of his normal extended one?

#33 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts
  • Interests:architecture, North Carolina culture, classic TV, biographies, skating, music, fine arts, Italian cuisine, striped tube socks. Starred in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" as a fan.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

I thought the setlist was excellent. Totally unpredictable which is what it should be.  

#34 Chief2112

Chief2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

Some may get 2112 after all.  Here are the different songs that will be played in the B setlist.  No clue which songs they will replace them with though.  

"The Pass," "Middletown Dreams," "Dreamline," "Seven Cities of Gold," and "2112" for the encore.

The list has been seen by someone who I trust 100%.  If I'm right just give me some props please.  LOL

#35 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts
  • Interests:architecture, North Carolina culture, classic TV, biographies, skating, music, fine arts, Italian cuisine, striped tube socks. Starred in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" as a fan.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (Chief2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 02:13 AM)
Some may get 2112 after all.  Here are the different songs that will be played in the B setlist.  No clue which songs they will replace them with though.  

"The Pass," "Middletown Dreams," "Dreamline," "Seven Cities of Gold," and "2112" for the encore.

The list has been seen by someone who I trust 100%.  If I'm right just give me some props please.  LOL

I heard this too. Shame I couldn't hear Middletown Dreams tonight, but I at least saw it on the Power Windows tour.

#36 Alchemical

Alchemical

The Seeker

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Chief2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 01:13 AM)
Some may get 2112 after all.  Here are the different songs that will be played in the B setlist.  No clue which songs they will replace them with though. 

The list has been seen by someone who I trust 100%.  If I'm right just give me some props please.  LOL

I'm guessing Working Man and 2112 will switch up every few shows then, they're around the same length. The Pass could be a substitute for The Body Electric, and Middletown Dreams can easily be swapped with one of the other PoW songs. As for Dreamline, it can take Bravado's spot, and Seven Cities...it can take Wish Them Well's place. yes.gif

I think you might just be telling the truth! 1022.gif

#37 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83475 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

Nothing from 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, only 1 song from Permanent Waves, 2 from Moving Pictures, obviously nothing from Fly by Night and Caress of Steel and only 2 from Signals = a bad setlist...

It's basically A Show of Hands II + Clockwork Angels and Far Cry...

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  

#38 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14365 posts
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 7 2012, 10:17 PM)
Thumbs up new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Body Electric and Working Man knock it down a notch

Working Man should have not been in the set...I'm happy for all those who got to witness Clockwork Angels first.  Anybody care to share what that portion was like? 2.gif

Edited by Tombstone Mountain, 08 September 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#39 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

I never talk to strangers

• Members
  • 15749 posts
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:32 AM

Well.....I love 80's Rush So first set is great to me.  Second set....I'm glad they're playing nearly all of CA.  Every one knows my view on the album.  I need to hear this stuff live.  maybe i'll like CA better.  So..great setlist to me yes.gif

Mick

#40 SchemingDemon

SchemingDemon

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1357 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Chief2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 01:13 AM)
Some may get 2112 after all.  Here are the different songs that will be played in the B setlist.  No clue which songs they will replace them with though. 

The list has been seen by someone who I trust 100%.  If I'm right just give me some props please.  LOL

If you are correct, then I want to give you a giant hug. I saw all these songs from PoW being played, but no Middletown Dreams???  ohmy.gif Easily one of my favorites, ever.

Any ideas when they'd be switching out the setlists? I'm going to two consecutive shows, so maybe- just maybe I can get the best of both worlds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users