1495 replies to this topic

#1461 Alchemical

Alchemical

The Seeker

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (av450 @ Sep 8 2012, 09:33 AM)
If they add in Middletown dreams then it should replace something bad like red sector a

No way will that happen, it'll likely replace one of the four other PoW songs. Can you imagine a set with five songs from PoW?

Sponsored Post

#1462 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts
  • Interests:architecture, North Carolina culture, classic TV, biographies, skating, music, fine arts, Italian cuisine, striped tube socks. Starred in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" as a fan.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 8 2012, 10:35 AM)
If they add in Middletown dreams then it should replace something bad like red sector a

No way will that happen, it'll likely replace one of the four other PoW songs. Can you imagine a set with five songs from PoW?

Yep. I saw the Power Windows tour where 7 of the 8 songs were performed. Emotion Detector was the only song not played.

#1463 Alchemical

Alchemical

The Seeker

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 8 2012, 09:42 AM)
QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 8 2012, 10:35 AM)

Yep. I saw the Power Windows tour where 7 of the 8 songs were performed. Emotion Detector was the only song not played.

That was the PoW tour so it makes sense!  laugh.gif  

#1464 GotPeart

GotPeart

The Seeker

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Drums, all things Rush, football, basketball, hockey, baseball, NC State, my family

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

Followed the set list last night - and was blown away!  I got introduced to Rush in the '80's and as someone posted last night - this show was made for us "40-somethings".  

Would have liked to have more from 70's, but lots of songs I haven't seen live - so I'm good.  

I actually like how they rremoved many of their staples and focused on more "Deep tracks".  Makes me think there is an R40 coming and it will be a collection from all over!

CAN'T WAIT til Charlotte!
2.gif  

#1465 Chas

Chas

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

I live in Glasgow so i could obviously see Rush next year but think i'll be heading to the States on holiday so i watched along with the live set reveal.

This setlist is incredibly brave in my opinion because, as others have said, this is not a setlist for the masses. This is a setlist for a hardcore Rush fan.

In terms of the first set, some of my 80s faves are there. Subdivisions, The Analog Kid, Force Ten, The Big Money and The Body Electric are all big faves of mine. I even love Bravado.

Second set has all my CA faves although i'd swap Halo Effect for Seven Cities. In terms of the Jacobs Ladder/Losing It debate, i'd have Jacobs Ladder out of those two however i'd choose Xanadu or Natural Science well before Jacobs Ladder.

The encore is for the masses as any encore should be. If i do end up seeing the guys next year in Glasgow, i think i'll be enjoying myself a lot.

#1466 Alchemical

Alchemical

The Seeker

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (GotPeart @ Sep 8 2012, 09:51 AM)
Followed the set list last night - and was blown away!  I got introduced to Rush in the '80's and as someone posted last night - this show was made for us "40-somethings".  

Would have liked to have more from 70's, but lots of songs I haven't seen live - so I'm good.  

I actually like how they rremoved many of their staples and focused on more "Deep tracks".  Makes me think there is an R40 coming and it will be a collection from all over!

CAN'T WAIT til Charlotte!
2.gif

trink39.gif  See ya there!! biggrin.gif

#1467 GeminiRising79

GeminiRising79

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2707 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

These YouTube videos confirm my suspicion of it being a boring concert.  Hopefully they'll pull it together for next one.  If they don't return next year I could care less.

Yes, disappointed...

Note: The entire conceptual idea for having a strings section was an absolutely piss-poor decision.  Completely ridiculous and out of place in any Rush concert.

Yes, angry.

Edited by GeminiRising79, 08 September 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#1468 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14365 posts
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 8 2012, 11:31 AM)
These YouTube videos confirm my suspicion of it being a boring concert.  Hopefully they'll pull it together for next one.  If they don't return next year I could care less. Yes, disappointed.

Oh, so you're not going to the concerts this tour--whew! That means I can bring my kids laugh.gif

Has anybody pointed out a worthy CD yet?
Album review??? waiting...

#1469 WCFIELDS

WCFIELDS

I'd rather be in Philadelphia

• Members *
  • 8740 posts
  • Interests:Computers<br>Music<br>Work<br>

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

It's a bit odd seeing the string section standing there dancing and nodding there heads in those clips, one guy was head banging a bit......Are they out there for the whole set? Even when they aren't needed in the songs?

#1470 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14365 posts
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 8 2012, 11:38 AM)
It's a bit odd seeing the string section standing there dancing and nodding there heads in those clips, one guy was head banging a bit......Are they out there for the whole set? Even when they aren't needed in the songs?

why not? NBD right? Does it distract you?

#1471 WCFIELDS

WCFIELDS

I'd rather be in Philadelphia

• Members *
  • 8740 posts
  • Interests:Computers<br>Music<br>Work<br>

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 10:39 AM)

why not? NBD right? Does it distract you?

not really....but I'm just not a huge fan of them having the string section. I would've preferred the overdubs....like all the extra vocals...

#1472 GeminiRising79

GeminiRising79

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2707 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

FFS, they should've gone the whole distance and put old hippies in leotards to dance around in.  Damn I didn't think things would approach this level of stupidity.  You can surely bet it was Neil that orchestrated this atrocity.

Edited by GeminiRising79, 08 September 2012 - 11:45 AM.

#1473 snowdog212

snowdog212

The Seeker

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (Chief2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 01:02 AM)
Promise I'm not a troll.  I had a login on here before but it's been awhile.  

I have it on very good authority that there is a B setlist.  It's been seen.  I personally haven't been told exactly what songs will be switched out but here are the songs that will be played on the B list that are different from tonight's list.  

"The Pass," "Middletown Dreams," "Dreamline," "Seven Cities of Gold," and "2112" for the encore.

Seems pretty legit based on tonight's list.  I know the person who  saw the list and gave me this info and I 100% trust them.  Guess we'll find out soon enough.

BS They are not going to drop TS or TSOR for 2112

#1474 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7471 posts
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Sports

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Sep 8 2012, 11:43 AM)
QUOTE (Chief2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 01:02 AM)
Promise I'm not a troll.  I had a login on here before but it's been awhile. 

I have it on very good authority that there is a B setlist.  It's been seen.  I personally haven't been told exactly what songs will be switched out but here are the songs that will be played on the B list that are different from tonight's list. 

"The Pass," "Middletown Dreams," "Dreamline," "Seven Cities of Gold," and "2112" for the encore.

Seems pretty legit based on tonight's list.  I know the person who  saw the list and gave me this info and I 100% trust them.  Guess we'll find out soon enough.

BS They are not going to drop TS or TSOR for 2112

No but they could surely drop Working Man and replace it with 2112!

yes.gif

Middletown Dream could probably replace Grand Design
Dreamline could probably replace Red Sector A or Big Money
Seven Cities of Gold could probably replace Alex's Lead/Halo Effect
The Pass could replace The Body Electric

Throw in Jacobs Ladder prior to 2112 and you have a really good ending to the second set.

tongue.gif  

Edited by losingit2k, 08 September 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#1475 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

Minister of Silly Walks

• Members *
  • 60955 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 8 2012, 12:42 PM)

FFS, they should've gone the whole distance and put old hippies in leotards to dance around in.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif  

#1476 av450

av450

The Seeker

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 8 2012, 11:42 AM)

FFS, they should've gone the whole distance and put old hippies in leotards to dance around in.  Damn I didn't think things would approach this level of stupidity.  You can surely bet it was Neil that orchestrated this atrocity.

official neil lovers fan club

#1477 traeplien

traeplien

The Seeker

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

I'm a "hard core" Rush fan and I do NOT think these are songs for the hard core fan. You want hard core? Jacobs Ladder, Xanadu, Hemispheres, 2112 complete, By Tor, Natural Science, A Farewell to Kings, La Villa Strangiato, need I go on??  

#1478 ReflectedLight

ReflectedLight

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8673 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (traeplien @ Sep 8 2012, 12:14 PM)
I'm a "hard core" Rush fan and I do NOT think these are songs for the hard core fan. You want hard core? Jacobs Ladder, Xanadu, Hemispheres, 2112 complete, By Tor, Natural Science, A Farewell to Kings, La Villa Strangiato, need I go on??

different strings, beneath, between, and behind, anything from caress of steel, something for nothing, lessons, twilight zone, the weapon, the enemy within, a farewell to kings, and so on.....
the problem is ged can't touch them.

Edited by ReflectedLight, 08 September 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#1479 Chief2112

Chief2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 8 2012, 11:31 AM)
These YouTube videos confirm my suspicion of it being a boring concert.  Hopefully they'll pull it together for next one.  If they don't return next year I could care less.

Yes, disappointed...

Note: The entire conceptual idea for having a strings section was an absolutely piss-poor decision.  Completely ridiculous and out of place in any Rush concert.

Yes, angry.

They have been talking about implementing some strings into their live show for a few years now.  It's obviously something that THEY want to do.  Shocker!!  A band of extremely talented artists want to do something that they want to do!!  

Some Rush fans are frustrating.  I understand being disappointed but there is also something to be said for them doing their own thing.  I applaud them for having the balls to work up this kind of setlist and bringing the strings out with them.  

#1480 av450

av450

The Seeker

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (traeplien @ Sep 8 2012, 12:14 PM)

If someone goes to a rush concert and doesn't know those songs then they probably can't even name rush's drummer. Hard core is COS,  power windows, HYF, Presto, Different strings-the stuff that very few like

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users