Breaking News: Spoiler Alert

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 6 2012, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 6 2012, 01:49 PM)
and of course, Chemistry is the opening song. smile.gif

I would not complain! biggrin.gif

Though, my money's still on Far Cry as the opener

I'm thinking Far Cry is the opener too, actually.

I can see Nobody's Hero for Andrew.

For years (or tours), it seems there has been a balance between what they "have" to play and what they "want" to play. This could certainly be a sign that the scales are tipping towards "want".

Also, the reality is that the guys are getting older. People tend to mellow as they get older. view life through different lenses then they did 10, 20 years before. SO while at first it surprised me to hear a song like Second Nature being thrown around, with a little thinking, it kind of makes sense. THerefore, it doesn't surprise me to hear that more "mellow" songs would be included in the setlist.

Swapping out? Of course. It keeps the grind fresh and challenging. It's what they want to do as opposed to what they should do.

Remember, this isn't about you, me, or the person in the seats. We are just along for the ride. This has always been the unwritten contract. If you don't like it, you can go listen to other bands or go to other shows. We the fan accept that they are going to do what they want to do and we have the choice to accept it or move on and they are perfectly fine with that. They don't try to hold on to us with fancy gimmicks or witty advertising.

We are free to leave at any time....

Edited by dtpoet

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 6 2012, 02:58 PM)
i kind of figured that they would play all or almost all of ca but the other selections? animate, second nature, manhattan project, and nobody's hero, and marathon.....are major disappointments. eh.gif

I think it's great! Those songs would be good for the orchestra to be playing.

The drum solo is probably part of headlong flight.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 6 2012, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 6 2012, 02:58 PM)
i kind of figured that they would play all or almost all of ca but the other selections? animate, second nature, manhattan project, and nobody's hero, and marathon.....are major disappointments.  eh.gif

I think it's great! Those songs would be good for the orchestra to be playing.

The drum solo is probably part of headlong flight.

if you're a fan of counterparts and power windows, than yea you should be excited. i'm not.

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Sep 6 2012, 01:56 PM)
Also, the reality is that the guys are getting older.  People tend to mellow as they get older.  view life through different lenses then they did 10, 20 years before.  SO while at first it surprised me to hear a song like Second Nature being thrown around, with a little thinking, it kind of makes sense.  THerefore, it doesn't surprise me to hear that more "mellow" songs would be included in the setlist.

Yet they just put out one of their hardest albums...

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 6 2012, 01:58 PM)
i kind of figured that they would play all or almost all of ca but the other selections? animate, second nature, manhattan project, nobody's hero, and marathon.....are major disappointments. eh.gif

Wow, you don't agree with something RUSH says or does? eyesre4.gif

Nobody's Hero. Meh.

I guess I know when my pee break will be. trink36.gif

For years (or tours), it seems there has been a balance between what they "have" to play and what they "want" to play. This could certainly be a sign that the scales are tipping towards "want".

Also, the reality is that the guys are getting older. People tend to mellow as they get older. view life through different lenses then they did 10, 20 years before. SO while at first it surprised me to hear a song like Second Nature being thrown around, with a little thinking, it kind of makes sense. THerefore, it doesn't surprise me to hear that more "mellow" songs would be included in the setlist.

Swapping out? Of course. It keeps the grind fresh and challenging. It's what they want to do as opposed to what they should do.

Remember, this isn't about you, me, or the person in the seats. We are just along for the ride. This has always been the unwritten contract. If you don't like it, you can go listen to other bands or go to other shows. We the fan accept that they are going to do what they want to do and we have the choice to accept it or move on and they are perfectly fine with that. They don't try to hold on to us with fancy gimmicks or witty advertising.

great post. Totally agree!

it's going to ROCK!

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Sep 6 2012, 02:17 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 6 2012, 01:58 PM)
i kind of figured that they would play all or almost all of ca but the other selections? animate, second nature, manhattan project, nobody's hero, and marathon.....are major disappointments.  eh.gif

Wow, you don't agree with something RUSH says or does? eyesre4.gif

it's called an opinion on the setlist. i guess you're happy with everything they say and do and also the selections they made so far.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Sep 6 2012, 02:51 PM)
very disappointed to hear that manhattan project and marathon are in the set.

Only positive in this report for me is Losing It and 2112 (only if its the full version. 

Not good.

same here. losing itn was a good choice, they could have went with the beginning of hemispheres instead of 2112, but other than that not much to be excited about.

Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Sep 6 2012, 12:39 PM)
The band has made the decision to rehearse the entire record and leave the options open this round to drop 2 and put 2 songs in. The complete record will not be performed on a nightly basis.

Hmmm, I think your friend might have misunderstood his source. Changing things up nightly, every other night, or anything other than mid-tour break, would be rather out of character. Don't ya think? But I guess a journalist for the Union Leader Newspaper and a fellow Rush fan of OP's would know...

Well now that you put it that way I feel like a d-bag for calling it my "pee break" song. That is actually a good choice if it is in the memory of their friend, that DOES make a lot of sense.

I really shouldn't complain though, there aren't any Rush songs that I don't like, only favorites and lesser favorites. Heh.

Good choices. Clockwork Angels rocks hard so good to have some mellower oldies too. I don't mind hearing Marathon again because after all it's maybe my favourite synth era Rush song.

I would have chanced the two Counterparts songs to something else from that album. Like Cut to the Chase and Cold Fire but I'm fine with Nobody's Hero dedicated to Andrew.

It still can be very good setlist but I hope they nail rest of the song choices because my fear right now is that there will be too many dull moments with all the ballady songs.

Edited by Flying Finn

Nobody's Hero- smile.gif

Second Nature- smile.gif

Losing It- smile.gif

All three in the same show? confused13.gif

My guess is that Nobody's Hero will be played most nights. Second Nature and Losing It seem like ideal candidates to swap from night to night. But what the heck do I know, I would have bet $100 that wouldn't ever include Entre Nous on a tour...

I haven't seen Rush since the Hold Your Fire tour almost 25 years ago. I want to hear CA loud and raw...everything else is a bonus.