Breaking News: Spoiler Alert

QUOTE (hermy @ Sep 6 2012, 11:49 PM)
Having beers with John Arrowsmith but he won't give details.

biggrin.gif That was good. BTW, is there a guy you're more envious of? On top of following Rush (and other bands) around taking pics, he gets to play with explosives AND he's one of those guys that apparently got a crapload of chick-magnet genes in the looks area as well. Damn you, John Arrowsmith! angry.gif

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Sep 7 2012, 08:51 AM)

biggrin.gif That was good. BTW, is there a guy you're more envious of? On top of following Rush (and other bands) around taking pics, he gets to play with explosives AND he's one of those guys that apparently got a crapload of chick-magnet genes in the looks area as well. Damn you, John Arrowsmith! angry.gif

He was in tough shape by the end of the night!

QUOTE (hermy @ Sep 7 2012, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (bigalfan @ Sep 7 2012, 08:51 AM)

He was in tough shape by the end of the night!

wink.gif OH - and he's got a cool last name to boot! (the only unfortunate: aerosmith the band sarcasm.gif is pronounced the same way) Along with Lerxst, John might be my other man-crush Rush tour figure. wub.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Sep 7 2012, 09:15 AM)
I wanna have beers with John arrowsmith!

HEY! You just enjoy relaxing in that kickass cabin/house of yours and stay away from my man-crush...missy!

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 6 2012, 05:42 PM)
Just found this...

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Sep 6 2012, 12:39 PM)
If they stick to the rumored 3 hours and 10 mins of music they have planned then there is plenty of time for this.

Intro
Prelude - Hemispheres
The Big Money
Limelight
Subdivisions
The Pass
Time Stand Still
Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities of Gold

Intermission

The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
BU2B2
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Losing It
Manhattan Project
Marathon
Nobody's Hero

Where's My Thing?
Drum Solo
Alex Solo
The Trees
Xanadu
Jacobs Ladder

Encore

Malignant Narcissism
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer
2112 Overture/Temples/Grand Finale

Anyone else think it's just a little bit of a coincidence that farcryoverspilledmilk happened to guess four of the songs from the supposed "confirmed" songs list in his setlist prediction from a couple days ago? They all follow each other too...

Guessing TSoR or TS isn't anything unusual but the fact that he guessed HALF of songs he just happened to learn were on the setlist TODAY does raise some questions over the validity of this thread.

It looks like this setlist is starting to go around the message boards quite a bit and building up steam as a rumor.

There are many reasons why I think this is a bogus setlist

1.While Hemispheres as an opener would be epic to the diehards, that's all it would be epic for. It's not an opener for the casual fans. Also, they did it on the Counterparts tour and Geddy basically said never again. His voice can't handle it

2. I don't think they are doing all of CA, and making 7 cities the 1st set closer and The Wreckers the 2nd set opener is very anti-climactic and frankly doesn't make sense

3. Way too much music in this setlist. They're not going to play 3.5 hours of music. With the Intermission, shows would be ending at midnight

4. As someone else said, this setlist is too good. It's a Rush fan's dream for the most part, and there is too much old stuff.

5. Look at the 2nd half. It goes from CA to a bunch of obsure stuff until Xanadu. Too much down time

6. Opening the encore with malignant Narcissism? Not bloody likely...

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Sep 7 2012, 01:44 PM)
You obviously don't read well. That post was ripped from another thread about guess the set list game. That post had nothing to do with what was posted yesterday.

Did the planets somehow align for you to have guessed Losing It/Manhattan Project/Marathon/Nobody's Hero were on the setlist a couple days before you actually found out from some journalist?

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 7 2012, 10:57 AM)
You obviously don't read well. That post was ripped from another thread about guess the set list game. That post had nothing to do with what was posted yesterday.

Did the planets somehow align for you to have guessed Losing It/Manhattan Project/Marathon/Nobody's Hero were on the setlist a couple days before you actually found out from some journalist?

And why would a journalist know the setlist or even songs they were rehearsing? confused13.gif

Marathon again? Maybe - and that's a very weak maybe

Time Stand Still again? no.gif

Would LOVE if Hemispheres, Xanadu and Jacob's Ladder held up! I actually think 2112 GF would be the perfect ending to any/all 2.gif concerts - so all for that as well.

Edited by bigalfan

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Sep 7 2012, 03:14 PM)
QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 7 2012, 10:57 AM)

And why would a journalist know the setlist or even songs they were rehearsing? confused13.gif

This part of it doesn't make sense. To begin with, why would he be getting this information? Somehow he's the one guy who found out the setlist, and then he risked screwing over his source by telling someone all about it.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 6 2012, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (default236 @ Sep 6 2012, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 6 2012, 07:20 PM)

Its a decent song, (I'd prefer "Cut to the Chase") but it will be better with Strings.

yes.gif

Who knows? We don't know yet. I'd be happy with either Nobody's Hero or Cut To The Chase. 1022.gif

based on your avatar being Lerxst from CP, i assume you'd be happy with any song on CP. laugh.gif

yes.gif 1022.gif bekloppt.gif