09 - Best Song From Signals

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1272 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Subdivisions
    • The Analog Kid
    • Chemistry
    • Digital Man
    • The Weapon
    • New World Man
    • Losing It
    • Countdown

The Weapon mostly for the intricate playing of Pratt

All the songs are great, but id say "Subdivisions".

Countdown would come in 2nd for me.

Subdivisions. All of Signals is great but this one stands out alone as a RUSH classic. At a front row RUSH Signals Tour concert in Long Beach, California, Geddy gave us the thumbs up for wearing A Farewell to Kings T- shirts. He messed up the keyboard solo at the end of Countdown and Lifeson and Geddy looked at each other and started cracking up. Lasarium also had a show at Griffeth Park Observatory which we seen twice that year, that played the whole album to lasers on the dome ceiling of the observatory. Just lean back and trip.

A strong album... beautiful moments in all of the songs, even though I never really got into Chemistry or Digital Man... but I'm going to have to say New World Man, very clever music-lyric relationship with Alex's weird guitar sound. I've overheard Subdivisions, and Analog Kid is better on Different Stages... so yeah. Definately NWM

Losing It takes on new meaning when you are an ex- college fb player and you just cant play the game any more ( let alone get out of bed very easy!) It is very emotional to me.

I had problems with this album when it first came out, took me a while to get into it. I suppose i wanted more heavy guitars and less synths. I got over it though after a month or two...

Funnliy enough I loved New World Man right from when I bought the single...

Subdivisions turned out to be the best for me though...

This is a tough one!

I just got Signals yesterday at Best Buy finally, and I love it. I have heard Subdivisions, New World Man, and The Weapon before I got the album, and they are three of my many favorite Rush songs. Also though, I love the lyrics in Analog Kid: "When I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find. When I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind." I also love how he sings this part: "You move me, you move me, with your buildings and your eyes, autumn woods and winter skies. You move me, you move me. Open sea and city lights, busy streets and dizzy heights. You call me, you call me."

When I heard, 'Losing It' and was reading the lyrics, on the way home from the store, I got chills from it. The lyrics blew me away, and I love the sound of the music. Chemistry, Digtal Man, and Countdown are great too, though!

I will try to put my favorite songs from first to last:

1. Losing It

2. The Weapon

3. The Analog Kid

4. New World Man/Subdivions

5. Digital Man

6. Chemistry

7. Countdown

Edited by The_Enemy_Within

Subdivisions - but I also love most of the other songs on that album. New World Man is about my least favorite.

The Weapon

I love the opening.

There is NO WAY I'd ever vote for NWM...Sorry... no.gif

BUT I WANTED SUBDIVISIONS TOOOOOO!!!!! wacko.gif fists crying.gif

The synth just gets me going!!!

As if my login name doesn't give it away...

I have been described by friends who know me and Rush as a New World Man...

Still, Subdivisions and The Weapon are high on my personal list.

This album, though, is low on my overall Rush list. To me it comes off as awkward in places.