09 - Best Song From Signals

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1272 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Subdivisions
    • The Analog Kid
    • Chemistry
    • Digital Man
    • The Weapon
    • New World Man
    • Losing It
    • Countdown

my fav is new world man, but i love subdivisions as well. countdown is great. i was at the kennedy space center touring when the last mission of columbia was up in space. the space shuttle countdown was written about. a week later we all know it burned up on reentry. i plan on doing a tribute painting to the shuttle crew and rush for the inspiration.

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Aug 24 2004, 06:37 AM)
ALL of them.....

I chose Countdown. Kind of gives you chills now after the latest Shuttle (Columbia)disaster. THe boys were invited to the 'Countdown' and recorded some of the Mission Control sounds.

I love this whole album. When I first heard it in high school, "Subdivisions" would have been my choice; now it's a tough pick between it & "New World Man" for first place...

I hadn't listened to Rush in years (all on tape, most of it given to me by a friend) when my husband & I decided that for an upcoming road trip (looking for a new apartment in the town we'd be moving to in a few months) we'd throw in the car all the old Rush tapes I'd unearthed in the lead-up to our move. It was July 2005. As I listened to "Countdown," I heard for the first time the name of the shuttle in the Mission Control communications--"...Columbia..."--and my eyes filled with tears.

I'm making up for lost time. I used to seriously dislike "Digital Man" because I thought the lyrics were dumb. After reading Carol Selby Price's "Mystic Rhythms," I found new respect for the lyrics. Now it's my favorite track. I love Geddy's bass on this one.

The first song I gravitated toward after hearing the album, though, was "The Weapon."

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Aug 24 2004, 06:37 AM)
ALL of them.....

I chose Countdown. Kind of gives you chills now after the latest Shuttle (Columbia)disaster. THe boys were invited to the 'Countdown' and recorded some of the Mission Control sounds.

I couldn't agree more! I also chose Countdown but not because it's my favourite, but because it gives you the signal that you should prepare yourself for going back to Subdivisions biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

All of them are great! And Signals is Rush's greatest masterpiece 1022.gif 2.gif

I'd have to say The Analog Kid. definitely a great song. Really, the only other good songs in my opinion are Subdivisions and Digital Man. I never really gave Signals an honest listen, i'm not much of an "After Moving Pictures" fan, but there are those songs in each album that stick out.

Anyway, The Analog Kid Rocks!

Hi all, first post

A vote for Losing It here. This song is special to me, one of the Neil's best lyrics IMO; great vocal and instrumental lines and a touching violin work.

Funny that this song may be the only one left out on Signals Tour.

Countdown handsdown! Remembering the ones we lost a couple of years ago on Columbia! Enough said.