• Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

#41 Albone2112

Albone2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Aug 27 2012, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (theprestobunnies @ Aug 27 2012, 08:16 PM)
Was considering this myself.....this might be a stupid question but I honestly don't know....how do you go about providing return postage/packaging for say a CD?  Any help greatly appreciated, thanks!

Prepare your padded envelope or whatever you are going to have it mailed in.  Address it and get it completely ready to go except for that last closure that will seal it up.  Take it to the post office and have them weigh it and put the postage on it.

That's what I did in 2010 and I got it a couple of days after the show.  I sent it to the shed in Tampa (I know it was in Florida) I believe.

Sponsored Post

#42 GotPeart

GotPeart

The Seeker

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Drums, all things Rush, football, basketball, hockey, baseball, NC State, my family

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

I've got a ways out til my show - but does anyone know if the Charlotte arena does this?  

Hope so - great idea about going out to record store and getting some LP's. Don't even care which ones - lol.  

That would go GREAT on the wall in my Man Room!

#43 edolecki

edolecki

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

I didn't know one could do this. I am going to the Boston show in October. I'll give it a go unless anyone knows they don't do it. I don't have any photos, etc. Maybe I'll send in the CA hardcover package or that huge CA double side poster or something.  

#44 jasonw2112

jasonw2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

Well I just sent out an 8x10 to the Nationwide, September 20th show. So I guess we will see what happens!  

#45 Amy Farrah Fowler

Amy Farrah Fowler

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Interests:Photography, RUSH, family, online chatting, Facebooking...

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:38 PM

It came back to me!!!!  I am having an incredibly Rushtastic day...

user posted image

#46 CygnusGal

CygnusGal

Cylon Model No. 2112

• Members *
  • 5121 posts
  • Location:the space between the mysterious, invisible force lurking in the constellation Cygnus and the destination at unverified jump coordinates 1123.6536.5321
  • Interests:music, books, computers and networking, astronomy, Cylon technology

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Sep 13 2012, 03:38 PM)
It came back to me!!!!  I am having an incredibly Rushtastic day...

user posted image

That is awesome!  Congratulations!

2.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif

#47 jasonw2112

jasonw2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 13 2012, 03:38 PM)
QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Sep 13 2012, 03:38 PM)

user posted image

That is awesome!  Congratulations!

2.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif

Wow! You got all 3! I love that album cover, and own the same poster. I would be to afraid to send it out! Hope I can get all 3! If any at all!

#48 sb2112

sb2112

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

Really hoping I get my CA album back from the Pittsburgh show.

#49 32Ford

32Ford

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Sep 13 2012, 02:38 PM)

user posted image

Very cool.  Hoping to see my Permanent Waves album come back in the next day or two.

#50 Thunder Bay Rush

Thunder Bay Rush

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1196 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush, Rush, drums, living off-grid, fishing, hunting, cooking, gardening, raising and growing my own food! Farting in crowded elevators... silent or otherwise.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

I must be kind of weird because autographs don't do anything for me.  A friend of mine (who isn't really a Rush) fan sat beside Geddy on a domestic flight in Canada and he got his autograph for me (thinking I'd go nuts over it) on an Air Canada napkin.  But, I don't even know where it is now...

Strangely, Rush is my favourite band.  If I ever met one of the guys somewhere I wouldn't ask for an autograph or even a picture.  I'd just say "thanks for the great music."

But, most people must think I'm nuts...  

#51 GeminiRising79

GeminiRising79

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2707 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

If Neil is addressed to sign it, expect it to be addressed to YOU, i.e. "To Joe Shmoe", all so it will diminish its value/resellability.  Such a ridiculously petty mindset of someone revered as being a "great", intelligent and successful- but really is someone tremendously cynical and insecure.

#52 The Garden of Rush

The Garden of Rush

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

Anyone know if the Palace does this? And if I send something Friday morning will that be to late for the show on Tuesday? I think it should get there it's only going a few miles lol.

#53 jasonw2112

jasonw2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (The Garden of Rush @ Sep 13 2012, 11:12 PM)
Anyone know if the Palace does this? And if I send something Friday morning will that be to late for the show on Tuesday? I think it should get there it's only going a few miles lol.

Call the venue! That's what did. They said they would give it to them, but no guarantees!

#54 Amy Farrah Fowler

Amy Farrah Fowler

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 13 2012, 09:23 PM)
If Neil is addressed to sign it, expect it to be addressed to YOU, i.e. "To Joe Shmoe", all so it will diminish its value/resellability.  Such a ridiculously petty mindset of someone revered as being a "great", intelligent and successful- but really is someone tremendously cynical and insecure.

I specifically asked for my cover to be personalized for us.  It doesn't have to have any monetary value...just sentimental.  I've acquired very few autographs in my lifetime, and none of them had any staying power in my heart...this baby is going in a frame to be displayed in my home!

#55 Thunder Bay Rush

Thunder Bay Rush

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1196 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush, Rush, drums, living off-grid, fishing, hunting, cooking, gardening, raising and growing my own food! Farting in crowded elevators... silent or otherwise.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

Amy, who is it addressed to on your GUP album cover?  Hard to read it...

To the ?????  

#56 Amy Farrah Fowler

Amy Farrah Fowler

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

It's our last name... To the Misners.  smile.gif I'm willing to bet Geddy wrote that...he seems to have the heaviest hand out of all the signatures.

#57 Amy Farrah Fowler

Amy Farrah Fowler

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

Anyone else get theirs?  We live 2 postal days from Pittsburgh, so they would have sent mine out on the 11th...hoping to see some more pop up here soon!

#58 BlazeButler

BlazeButler

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

Just got my signed copy of Signals in the mail today from the Pittsburgh Show.

Awesome !

In these days when bands have little control over ticket prices and what venues they will play, the fact that something like this is totally in their hands and they take the time to do it at every show, well, it's pretty cool.

Thanks guys (and Liam) !!

#59 TheAnalogDad

TheAnalogDad

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

Wondering if the postman will bring my Time Machine trade advertisement back autographed today.  Fingers crossed. It's going up in my office matted/framed next to my pic with Ged and Alex from the 4/15/11 Cleveland show.

I'm doing five shows on this leg, but only one (Pittsburgh) got the RF seal of approval for where to send a package to. Thanks for the heads-up Amy... I hope they don't hold it against me that I sent it from Ohio. smile.gif

Nice pic. Very cool.

#60 TheAnalogDad

TheAnalogDad

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

Personalized and all, my autographs arrived this afternoon. One of the most Rushtastic days I've had!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users