Promote Movies You Love!

Tick

The Man who would be King

Sean Connery, Michael Caine, & Christopher Plummer all at their very best. John Huston is a master of directions. The actors all concur that this was an absolute favorite movie in terms of achievement.

A great adventure. Intellectually stimulating. Fantastic story. Rudyard Kipling brought to the screen in a wonderful vision.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 28 2012, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (Khan @ Aug 28 2012, 08:20 AM)
Great acting from Tony Shalhoub and Stanley Tucci

Speaking of them, this was a pretty great little known film:

http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts/images/2007/06/07/big_night.jpg

Isn't that what I just posted..?

cool10.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 28 2012, 12:26 AM)
The City of Lost Children
Jacob's Ladder
Crash (the one about sex and car crashes, not the one about racism)
Blade Runner

These are all some of my favorite movies, excellent choices! trink39.gif Especially Jacob's Ladder and Blade Runner.

QUOTE (Khan @ Aug 28 2012, 01:50 PM)

cool10.gif

SO weird. I thought your post I quoted was very different when I quoted from it. confused13.gif

All I see now after you mention the actors is "user posted image" on your post, and not the name of the movie or the movie poster or anything.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion - at least we agree it's a great movie! yes.gif unsure.gif

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Aug 28 2012, 03:42 PM)
Jacob's Ladder
Blade Runner

These are all some of my favorite movies, excellent choices! trink39.gif Especially Jacob's Ladder and Blade Runner.

If you like those, try some of the others on my list if you haven't seen them. trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 28 2012, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Aug 28 2012, 03:42 PM)
Jacob's Ladder
Blade Runner

If you like those, try some of the others on my list if you haven't seen them. trink39.gif

Will do! I've seen most of them, but there are a few (eXistenZ, Zardoz, Brainstorm and Repo Man) that I haven't seen. I'll definitely give them a try, I liked everything else on your list! popcorn.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Aug 28 2012, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Aug 27 2012, 09:54 PM)
Good call on Mystery Men.

Mr. Furious: I'm a Pantera's box you do not wanna open.
Casanova Frankenstein: It is "Pandora."
Mr. Furious: Please don't correct me, it sickens me.

rofl3.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Mr Furious: "If I don't call you tomorrow, it's because i'm dead."

Edited by English Muffin

Goober, you should read J.G. Ballard, the writer of Crash, I think you would really enjoy some of it. Start with Crash or the short stories from The Atrocity Exibition

All of the movies on your list are in the must watch category at least once. My least favorite of that list is Naked Lunch it is pretty tough viewing but it really captures the book.

Brazil Just a quick mention that people who have not seen this and want to watch it, DO NOT view the Universal "Love Conquers All" version.

My Contributions...

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTIwNjQwNDE5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTI2MTgxMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg http://www.movieposterdb.com/posters/06_03/1971/0067328/l_103652_0067328_224fe5a6.jpghttp://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjA2MTUzOTc0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTU4OTcxMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR7,0,214,317_.jpg

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Aug 28 2012, 07:46 PM)

Goober, you should read J.G. Ballard, the writer of Crash, I think you would really enjoy some of it. Start with Crash or the short stories from The Atrocity Exibition

All of the movies on your list are in the must watch category at least once. My least favorite of that list is Naked Lunch it is pretty tough viewing but it really captures the book.

Brazil Just a quick mention that people who have not seen this and want to watch it, DO NOT view the Universal "Love Conquers All" version.

My Contributions...

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTIwNjQwNDE5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTI2MTgxMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg http://www.movieposterdb.com/posters/06_03/1971/0067328/l_103652_0067328_224fe5a6.jpghttp://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjA2MTUzOTc0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTU4OTcxMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR7,0,214,317_.jpg

No, haven't read any Ballard, or any Philip K. Dick for that matter! I may at some point.

I don't find Naked Lunch tough viewing - I think it's brilliant, just weird as f*ck. I love Cronenberg - of course with that he had some great source material to work with.

What movies did you post - the images aren't working.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 29 2012, 12:32 AM)
The Man who would be King

Sean Connery, Michael Caine, & Christopher Plummer all at their very best. John Huston is a master of directions. The actors all concur that this was an absolute favorite movie in terms of achievement.

A great adventure. Intellectually stimulating. Fantastic story. Rudyard Kipling brought to the screen in a wonderful vision.

They used to play the hell out of that on HBO back in the early 80s....and I watched it as often as I could new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 28 2012, 03:26 AM)
Jacob's Ladder

SPOILER ALERT:

I don't mind admitting that the ending of that movie makes me well up. The idea of a beloved son who dies young coming to guide his bewildered father into heaven gets me.

QUOTE (English Muffin @ Aug 28 2012, 09:34 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Aug 28 2012, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Aug 27 2012, 09:54 PM)
Good call on Mystery Men.

Mr. Furious: I'm a Pantera's box you do not wanna open.
Casanova Frankenstein: It is "Pandora."
Mr. Furious: Please don't correct me, it sickens me.

rofl3.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Mr Furious: "If I don't call you tomorrow, it's because i'm dead."

Cop - "Keep dreaming wannabee."

Mr.Furious - "I WILL KEEP DREAMING! I WILL KEEP DREAMING MY FRIEND! AND WHEN I WAKE UP...YOU BETTER HOPE...YOU BETTER HOPE YOUR ASLEEP!

SWEET DREAMS.....LILAC."

Edited by Tick

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 28 2012, 06:50 PM)
QUOTE (Khan @ Aug 28 2012, 01:50 PM)

cool10.gif

SO weird. I thought your post I quoted was very different when I quoted from it. confused13.gif

All I see now after you mention the actors is "user posted image" on your post, and not the name of the movie or the movie poster or anything.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion - at least we agree it's a great movie! yes.gif unsure.gif

Too funny.. laugh.gif

The Wicker Man

Much more than a kick-ass Iron Maiden tune.

Creepy as f*ck, with a fantastically unhappy ending. This is for the 1973 original.

The 2006 remake was an abomination.

"Come. It is time to keep your appointment with the Wicker Man."

Waking Ned Devine

A curio of filled with blessed moments. Accomplished actors ripping it a new one in every scene. Hilarious and fun. It makes you feel good...Its about family, friendship, God, money, love, secrets, desire, and a good ol' sense of community. The eulogy delivered in the movie is among Ian O'bannon's best work ever.

AND, the image of a naked 75 year old man riding a motorcycle will stay with you forever.

trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif Here's to Ned trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

Midnight Run

Deniro, "Hey, I've got three words for you--shut the f**k up!"

Very funny movie. Charles Grodin is a revelation. The whole cast is outstanding.

Bounty Hunter to Deniro about FBI agent (played by Yaphet Kotto): "You wanna watch your cigarettes around this guy"

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 30 2012, 02:20 PM)
Midnight Run

Very funny movie. Charles Grodin is a revelation. The whole cast is outstanding.

Bounty Hunter to Deniro about FBI agent (played by Yaphet Kotto): "You wanna watch your cigarettes around this guy"

One of my all-time favourites!

Great score, too yes.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 30 2012, 02:01 PM)
Midnight Run

Great score, too yes.gif

Deniro to Cashier at resturant: "these 20's are bad, but those right there...they're good"

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 30 2012, 03:04 PM)
Midnight Run

Great score, too yes.gif

Deniro to Cashier at resturant: "these 20's are bad, but those right there...they're good"

The scene in the train where the Duke pretends to have a conversation with Walsh by doing Walsh's lines for him still makes me rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 30 2012, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 30 2012, 03:04 PM)
Midnight Run

Great score, too yes.gif

The scene in the train where the Duke pretends to have a conversation with Walsh by doing Walsh's lines for him still makes me rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Deniro to Grodin

"you order the lobster and I'll get the steak...get a little surf and turf going on here"