Tour Rehearsals

Phantom

Given that we're a week and a half away from opening night, I'm surprised that no one from inside or outside the camp has indicated how rehearsals are going. Alex spoke a while ago about really looking forward to how the strings would sound in rehearsal.

I've also been wondering where the guys are rehearsing, as at this point, they'd have the full blown production/lighting etc going.....

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 27 2012, 07:26 AM)
There have been plenty of indications.

You should read the threads Tombstone Mountain. Really.good stuff there. biggrin.gif

Yeah the only place to go for tour rehearsal news, legit news, is the Yukon Blade Grinder. trink39.gif

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Aug 27 2012, 12:15 PM)
I'm pretty surprised there have been no leaks yet. I thought for sure one of the members of the mini orchestra would have leaked something by now.

Really? I can't recall any recent tour where something was leaked. I'm pretty sure the Seven Cities of Gold Orchestra have confidentiality agreements, per the conductor--Manfred Belsorus

With opening night next Friday they will have to load out of the warehouse by this Sunday or so.

That leaves them just a few days left.

Everything is set and not a peep from anyone.

Well done in this day and age.

QUOTE (hermy @ Aug 27 2012, 12:24 PM)
With opening night next Friday they will have to load out of the warehouse by this Sunday or so.

Impressive indeed.

Is the Manchester Venue the type that someone is likely to be able to hear the dress rehearsal from outside the venue the day before?

'cause that's what it looks like we're down to waiting on...

QUOTE (Brava Doh! @ Aug 27 2012, 12:59 PM)
QUOTE (hermy @ Aug 27 2012, 12:24 PM)

Impressive indeed.

Is the Manchester Venue the type that someone is likely to be able to hear the dress rehearsal from outside the venue the day before?

'cause that's what it looks like we're down to waiting on...

i'll be there all Friday listening for anything but I've never been there so I can't comment on the building itself.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 27 2012, 09:18 AM)
I'm pretty surprised there have been no leaks yet. I thought for sure one of the members of the mini orchestra would have leaked something by now.

Really? I can't recall any recent tour where something was leaked. I'm pretty sure the Seven Cities of Gold Orchestra have confidentiality agreements, per the conductor--Manfred Belsorus

Well, the TMT was definitely tight lipped. That leaked the day before.

I think S&A leaked a few days early, but I could be wrong. My memory isn't what it used to be. biggrin.gif

My point tho' is that with the additional performers, I thought maybe one of them might squeal. Not like in Deliverance...but maybe spill the beans. wink.gif

Edited by BrightAntennae

On the last tour, or the tour before, I seem to recall a courier (fed ex?purolator?) driver sharing some of the tunes he overheard while at the Hershey Centre, where Rush was in rehearsals.

I'd have to agree that it's impressive in this day and age to see no credible set list leaks.

It's been so quiet in fact, that I'm wondering if they're still going with the live string section... as planned.

A week and a half until opening night?! Geez we haven't gotten a tease about the tour yet. I completely forgot it started in September. I have to applaud them for keeping everything completely secret.

I think a key difference though was that for Time Machine, it was announced far in advance they would be playing all of Moving Pictures, which was confirmation for The Camera Eye. That was a big deal. This tour we haven't really had anything epic confirmed yet. Yes, they are probably 99.9% likely to play Headlong Flight and Clockwork Angels, among other CA songs, which will be epic......its just nice to hear some official word. Your average Joe has NO idea there will actually be a string section yet.

Anyway.....looking forward to hearing what the setlist is! I'm sure they will deliver as always, its just that there's so many possibilities with this band with their huge catalog of music!

QUOTE (theprestobunnies @ Aug 27 2012, 09:12 PM)
I think a key difference though was that for Time Machine, it was announced far in advance they would be playing all of Moving Pictures, which was confirmation for The Camera Eye. That was a big deal. This tour we haven't really had anything epic confirmed yet. Yes, they are probably 99.9% likely to play Headlong Flight and Clockwork Angels, among other CA songs, which will be epic......its just nice to hear some official word. Your average Joe has NO idea there will actually be a string section yet.

Anyway.....looking forward to hearing what the setlist is! I'm sure they will deliver as always, its just that there's so many possibilities with this band with their huge catalog of music!

To be fair, we're not even 100% sure there will be a strings section. We just know they were considering it.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Aug 27 2012, 08:51 PM)
QUOTE (theprestobunnies @ Aug 27 2012, 09:12 PM)

To be fair, we're not even 100% sure there will be a strings section. We just know they were considering it.

No, it's 100%.....done deal!

Yeah, I had a little communication with someone I believe was "in the know" but haven't heard from him in a long time. At one time they had rehearsed about 3.5 hours of material and all of Clockwork Angels so it's condensed quite a bit.

What I believe is that when they say the Clockwork Angels tour, they mean it. If they don't play the whole album expect a huge chunk of it

QUOTE (Phantom @ Aug 27 2012, 06:24 AM)
Given that we're a week and a half away from opening night, I'm surprised that no one from inside or outside the camp has indicated how rehearsals are going. Alex spoke a while ago about really looking forward to how the strings would sound in rehearsal.

I've also been wondering where the guys are rehearsing, as at this point, they'd have the full blown production/lighting etc going.....

i spoke with the usual leak source over the weekend and he said they are setting up the stage now and photos will be coming out any day...peeks...like last time...

It was my understanding that the word went out that everything was to be kept under wraps until opening night. I was told not to expect any reliable inside info, pictures, etc. until then.

Of course though, you never can tell. Not everyone respects those types of requests.

I can say that the plan is to do approximately 6 songs with strings.

Edited by FOH Lights

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Aug 28 2012, 11:34 AM)
It was my understanding that the word went out that everything was to be kept under wraps until opening night. I was told not to expect any reliable inside info, pictures, etc. until then.

Of course though, you never can tell. Not everyone respects those types of requests.

Thanks for that FOH---everyone go back to your homes, there is no news or leaks to report rofl3.gif

They're all mechanical and Alex is in charge of unplugging them after rehearsal.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Aug 28 2012, 11:34 AM)

I can say that the plan is to do approximately 6 songs with strings.

Well, those six would be The Garden, The Wreckers, Losing It, The Anarchist, Halo Effect, and ummmm Subdivisions?