What song is owning you right now?

Maverick

Daft Punk- Get Lucky

I have no shame- I love the groove of this funk-pop gem! And the fact that Nile Rodgers plays on it is just too much...great stuff.

• Like 1

Sounds silly but this new song by Rush. Second Nature..... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 6

Meanwhile back in the year One --- when you belonged to no-one ---

you didn't stand a chance son, if your pants were undone.

`Cause you were bred for humanity and sold to society ---

one day you'll wake up in the Present Day ---

a million generations removed from expectations

of being who you really want to be.

Skating away ---

skating away ---

skating away on the thin ice of the New Day.

So as you push off from the shore,

won't you turn your head once more --- and make your peace with everyone?

For those who choose to stay,

will live just one more day ---

to do the things they should have done.

And as you cross the wilderness, spinning in your emptiness:

you feel you have to pray.

Looking for a sign

that the Universal Mind (!) has written you into the Passion Play.

Skating away on the thin ice of the New Day.

And as you cross the circle line, the ice-wall creaks behind ---

you're a rabbit on the run.

And the silver splinters fly in the corner of your eye ---

shining in the setting sun.

Well, do you ever get the feeling that the story's

too damn real and in the present tense?

Or that everybody's on the stage, and it seems like

you're the only person sitting in the audience?

Skating away on the thin ice of the New Day.

• Like 1

Was an okay track until I was listening to this in the car one night and all of sudden it really clicked with me...especially the 2nd half of the song. 5:23 to the end is probably the best section of the song.

Well this is embarrassing for me...not because it's Jeff Buckley cause he's IMO an underrated talent, but embarrassing cause of the nature of the song lyrically

Jeff Buckley - Your Flesh Is So Nice

I have been playing Grace in the truck for about three days now. Last Goodbye came up while my iPhone was set to random during a bicycle ride and put me back in that mood. I agree that he is an underrated talent and often wonder what he would have done had he not died so young. That said, I do think there is a bit of goofy worship around his version of Hallelujah. Yes, it's a quality cover of a good song... but man there are some folks who go bonkers over it.

Well this is embarrassing for me...not because it's Jeff Buckley cause he's IMO an underrated talent, but embarrassing cause of the nature of the song lyrically

I have been playing Grace in the truck for about three days now. Last Goodbye came up while my iPhone was set to random during a bicycle ride and put me back in that mood. I agree that he is an underrated talent and often wonder what he would have done had he not died so young. That said, I do think there is a bit of goofy worship around his version of Hallelujah. Yes, it's a quality cover of a good song... but man there are some folks who go bonkers over it.

I think it's quite unfortunate that his version of Hallelujah overshadows everything else he's done. It's not even my favorite song on Grace; that would be Last Goodbye.

Chris Robinson Brotherhood- Beware, Oh Take Care

Slow and soulful, and sort of dissonant at the same time. Beautiful chord progressions throughout, and beautiful tone...just a gorgeous song.

• Like 2

I think it's quite unfortunate that his version of Hallelujah overshadows everything else he's done. It's not even my favorite song on Grace; that would be Last Goodbye.

People go bonkers over it because it is just phenomenal!! That's all.

Not his best song, because it's not his song. But I don't know what I would say IS his best song. I'd have to bat that around for awhile.

Slow and soulful, and sort of dissonant at the same time. Beautiful chord progressions throughout, and beautiful tone...just a gorgeous song.

Well damn, now I have to hear this!

New song by Kenny Chesney - American Kids

The chorus is catchy as hell, and I think it could easily be changed into a more rock oriented song. I already learned the chords. Somehow I was able to pick out the chord intervals on the verse and chorus just by listening. And I knew the verse was in Em. I'm getting kind of ok at this picking shit up by ear thing.

Well damn, now I have to hear this!

Send me your address via PM and I'll send you the whole album, if you want.

Sounds silly but this new song by Rush. Second Nature..... :)

:LOL:

I get it.

In some ways I consider myself kind of fortunate to have done a Rip Van Winkle for about 25 years. There is "new" Rush for me... :)

Sounds silly but this new song by Rush. Second Nature..... :)

:LOL:

I get it.

In some ways I consider myself kind of fortunate to have done a Rip Van Winkle for about 25 years. There is "new" Rush for me... :)

http://youtu.be/HkaOMTyDiUo