What song is owning you right now?

Maverick

Pretty much every song from Budgie's 'Impeckable' as well as Lazaretto by Jack White
  • Like 1

Tetragrammaton, Octavarium, and Anesthetize are the three great epics of the 2000s. Feel free to enlighten me to more :hi:

10,000 Days is pretty good.

Well. I gave it a try... :LOL:

I've given Tool several tries for what it's worth... Not melodic or interesting enough for me. Too many songs about drugs and transexual strippers.

Whenever I see someone wearing a Tool shirt, I'll say "What a Tool" as soon as I walk by :LOL:

Tetragrammaton, Octavarium, and Anesthetize are the three great epics of the 2000s. Feel free to enlighten me to more :hi:

I've given Tool several tries for what it's worth... Not melodic or interesting enough for me. Too many songs about drugs and transexual strippers.

Whenever I see someone wearing a Tool shirt, I'll say "What a Tool" as soon as I walk by :LOL:

If you dont like the other Tool albums then 10,000 days wont sway you. But if you do check it out, go directly to "The Pot". Awesome tune.

I've given Tool several tries for what it's worth... Not melodic or interesting enough for me.

I don't really blame you. I don't particularly care for their last couple of albums myself. They can be really intense when they're at their best, though.

The one song by them I did listen to and enjoy for a few times was their most popular, "Sober".

Especially with the more modern progressive bands, not every progressive fan is required/should like each of them ;) and Tool isn't mine.

And I have heard the Pot.

Midnight in Harlem, by Tedeschi Trucks Band

The whole song is great, but it's the slide guitar work on it in particular. In the soloing during the outro, I just sit and nod my head along with the underlying rhythm, and smile...Derek Trucks laying down sweet lick after sweet lick, on the slide guitar...and I find myself almost crying because it's so goddamn beautiful...

OCTAVARIUM by DT

"Step by step, we try controlling our fate- by the time you realize you should have never quit the band, it's become too late!!"

"TRAPPED INSIDE THIS.. MANIGINIUM!!"

But seriously speaking it's just another example of what a good fit Portnoy was with the band :(

Well this is embarrassing for me...not because it's Jeff Buckley cause he's IMO an underrated talent, but embarrassing cause of the nature of the song lyrically

Jeff Buckley - Your Flesh Is So Nice

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 2