BREAKING: Huge News about the Tour

Taken from Rolling Stone, just a quick news release regarding CA.

In what may be the biggest news yet regarding the Clockwork Angels tour, it is reported that to go along with the string ensemble, bassist Geddy Lee will be playing a stand-up bass while sitting with the string ensemble that is going to accompany Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart.

Initial rumors spread around 4:45 ET on August 7th, exactly one month before the band is expected to open the tour.

"It's a step back from what we're used to, but we've always like experimenting.  Alex and I have switched instruments to write songs, but never have we changed up instruments on stage," says Lee. "I still feel optimistic about the idea. The only questions that have accumulated is what we will do with my side of the stage."

Unofficial reports have dictated the possibility of a cage of monkeys, while some people have speculated  a chicken rotisserie that will also dry your clothes, a combination of the previous ideas on previous tours.

"At least there will be no playing of the keyboards," Lifeson told a group of people outside of their rehearsal hall. When asked if he will be playing a viola like previous reports have indicated, he did offer this bit of information: "I'm really looking at instituting a mandolin for at least one half of the show, as my primary instrument."

Neil Peart declined comment on the situation.

A few weeks ago, questions came up about the setlist, with numerous reports that "Feedback" was to be played in its entirety, according to TheRushForum's FountainOfSyrinx. While nothing that was presented today indicates anything on the setlist, this information contributes to the overall lightness of the first set. No word has been released on the second, but news is expected to come in the next few days.

News from the Associated Press was used in this report.
  • Like 1

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 7 2012, 06:57 PM)
The people at the The Yukon Blade Grinder missed this one...thank God for Rolling Stone!

trink39.gif  goodpost.gif

How did YBG miss that? unsure.gif I'm going to start losing faith in the integrity of your reviews! Right now!

Thanks, FountainOfSyrinx and RS for keeping us in the know!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 7 2012, 08:56 PM)

So says one of the five guys who post a lot of joke threads. You're not exactly being objective here.

How about adding "caution, BS ahead" in the thread title

smile.gif

If this has to be explained......

1. It jacks people off, IOW - it gets a reaction and it is funny....

2. It fills the void of no official information

3. Its a public forum site - anyone who expects all posts to be true and accurate may have their expectation bar raised a little high.

What real harm is being done? What...your life is so important that taking 5 seconds to read a post that is "not official" is that damaging? Really?????????

Smoke some and chill.....

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Aug 7 2012, 09:27 PM)
If this has to be explained......

1. It jacks people off, IOW - it gets a reaction and it is funny....
2. It fills the void of no official information
3. Its a public forum site - anyone who expects all posts to be true and accurate may have their expectation bar raised a little high.

What real harm is being done? What...your life is so important that taking 5 seconds to read a post that is "not official" is that damaging? Really?????????

Smoke some and chill.....

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize it was funny. In that case..... rofl3.gif

Thanks for enlightening me! trink39.gif