Coming Soon

• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

#61 defrushfan01

defrushfan01

Making Modern Music

• Members *
  • 2735 posts
  • Interests:Music, Music, Music, Music.... Listing to music, playing music, recording music. Music plays a big part in my day to day life, if theres no music, life is dull.

Posted 21 September 2005 - 11:14 AM

T minus 6 days and counting for Vivian Campbells "Two sides of If"

Sponsored Post

#62 kazzman

kazzman

I got a fever...

• Members *
  • 6263 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:50 PM

October 28 - Rammstein's new album, "Rosenrot"

You can check out the vide to their latest single, "Benzin" here

#63 Indica

Indica

Resident Left Winger

• Members
  • 13031 posts
  • Interests:Guitar
    My Girlfriend
    Fishing
    Music
    Helping out other people
    Football
    T&A
    Nature

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:09 PM

Plus they are shooting a video in Grand Rapids MI on Sept 28, that would be cool to be at that show. 1022.gif

SYSTEM OF A DOWN SET TO RELEASE HYPNOTIZE NOVEMBER 22 ON CD AND DUALDISC

Six months after System of a Down's Mezmerize debuted at number one on Billboard's Top 200 Albums chart, the uncompromising and outspoken quartet returns with Hypnotize, part two of a promised two-album set.  American Recordings/Columbia will release two versions of Hypnotize, the band's fifth studio album, on November 22.

Both the CD and DualDisc versions feature 12 new songs as well as artwork by Vartan Malakian, father of SOAD's guitarist/singer Daron.  The packaging for Hypnotize is specially designed to physically join Mezmerize and Hypnotize together, forming one unified product with continuous artwork.  Additionally, the DualDisc edition will contain exclusive behind-the-scenes footage showing the making of both records.

More importantly, the albums interlock musically.  The final track on Hypnotize, "Soldier Side" completes "Soldier Side Intro," which appears as the opening track on Mezmerize.

HYPNOTIZE Track Listing
1. "Attack"
2. "Dreaming"
3. "Kill Rock 'n Roll"
4. "Hypnotize"
5. "Stealing Society"
6. "Tentative"
7. "U-Fig"
8. "Holy Mountains"
9. "Vicinity of Obscenity"
10. "She's Like Heroin"
11. "Lonely Day"
12. "Soldier Side"

=============================================

BE A PART OF HYPNOTIZE HISTORY

On September 28th, at Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, MI, System Of A Down want you to be a part of history.  SOAD will be filming the video for "Hypnotize," the first single off of Hypnotize.  Click here to buy your tickets now at ticketmaster.com, and make sure not to miss this very exclusive event.  

#64 Mustard Death

Mustard Death

*Explodes*™

• Members *
  • 5669 posts
  • Interests:life.

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:17 PM

New Coheed and Cambria album... "IV: Good Apollo..." and new Arcturus, "Sideshow Symphonies" were just released... I NEED THEM!

I see the new Death Cab has already been mentioned. I want to check that one out as well... *Looks for some cash*

#65 DonnaWanna

DonnaWanna

Midnight Toker

• Members *
  • 10301 posts
  • Interests:Ridin LIRR Goin into NYC, Viva La Bam!!!
    ANY Hockey!..LOVE to see the RANGERS lose! Im a Devils fan! 420,MY Digi Cam,Movies,Concerts, Hangin with friends, Meetin New Friends, Backgamon,Dominos....other stuff just ask if u REALLY need to know more ;) NOSEY!

Posted 30 September 2005 - 06:47 AM

CAMPAIGN DETAILS UNVEILED

Atlantic Records is billing the new Darkness album as 'the biggest release of the year', with a promotional campaign aimed at radio which utilises a 6ft-square record.

One Way Ticket, the lead-off single from the band's forthcoming second studio album One Way Ticket To Hell …And Back, will be delivered to national and regional stations next Monday pinned to the huge record in time for an 8.15am radio date. It follows initial plays of the album – which is produced by Roy Thomas Baker – to key media last week.

"We have to get the message across that this is the biggest rock record of the last decade  icon_really_happy_guy.gif  and it will be!" says Atlantic managing director Max Lousada. "This album makes you want to drink more, drive faster – it's one of those records. The guitars will rip your face off. The vocals send shivers up your spine. Singles – I see four, the band see six. I'm comfortable, let me put it that way."

Ahead of the single's radio debut next week, Atlantic is following the example of fellow Warner signing Madonna by initially making the track available as a real audio ringtone. It will be available from this Friday on the band's website as well as traditional mobile operators, to kick start the campaign for the follow-up to 2003's Permission To Land which has to date moved more than 3.5m units globally.

The single will be released physically on November 14, two weeks ahead of the album.

user posted image

#66 defrushfan01

defrushfan01

Making Modern Music

• Members *
  • 2735 posts
  • Interests:Music, Music, Music, Music.... Listing to music, playing music, recording music. Music plays a big part in my day to day life, if theres no music, life is dull.

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:35 PM

Helloween- KEEPER OF THE SEVEN KEYS Part III!!!! (3) out on November 8th in the USA

#67 kazzman

kazzman

I got a fever...

• Members *
  • 6263 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Oct 7 2005, 05:35 PM)
Helloween- KEEPER OF THE SEVEN KEYS Part III!!!! (3) out on November 8th in the USA

only Kai isn't writing it so who knows how it'll turn out...

#68 Oberon

Oberon

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading (in English and French), learning other languages (I'm at four right now, starting one more next year), movies, good humour (Monty Python et al.), travel

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:53 PM

Agreed... that's like Mindcrime II without What's-his-name. I'd be more excited about a new Gamma Ray (though I would buy neither)

#69 Ru5h F@n

Ru5h F@n

Mr. Unsure

• Members
  • 2552 posts
  • Interests:Audio Engineering, Musical Composition, Production And Synthesizer Programming

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:12 AM

Well fans only 1 week away from the premiere of the new Depeche Mode album, "Playing The Angel".

Here is the track listing for it if you don't already know by now:

"A Pain That I'm Used To", "John The Revelator", "Suffer Well", "The Sinner In Me", "Precious", "Macrovision", "I Want It All", "Nothing's Impossible", "Introspectre", "Damaged People", "Lillian" and "The Darkest Star"

Please note: No particular order.

Edited by Ru5h F@n, 11 October 2005 - 09:14 AM.

#70 Moonraker

Moonraker

O_o

• Members *
  • 6362 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:08 AM

BTW, this slipped by me and maybe a few of you, but Roger Waters latest piece of work, a 3 piece opera named Ca Ira, was released last week.

#71 Mustard Death

Mustard Death

*Explodes*™

• Members *
  • 5669 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Oberon @ Oct 7 2005, 11:53 PM)
Agreed... that's like Mindcrime II without What's-his-name. I'd be more excited about a new Gamma Ray (though I would buy neither)

I think his name's Chris DeGarmo...

But no worries, Alex Lifeson joined the band!  laugh.gif  

#72 defrushfan01

defrushfan01

Making Modern Music

• Members *
  • 2735 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:54 PM

user posted image

IT'S OFFICIAL! The near platinum success of the North American "ROCK OF AGES" double CD gets an added edge with a companion DVD, called "ROCK OF AGES: THE DVD COLLECTION". The release assembles the band's greatest videos for the first time on one DVD, along with the video for "NOW" (previously unavailable in North America). Also included is the brand new, 2005 rehearsal bonus video for the band's #1 CLASSIC ROCK song, "NO MATTER WHAT".
As added bonuses, the audio has been remastered with DTS & Dolby 5.1 surround sound and Dolby stereo, a first track-by-track commentary by the entire band is included, and there is a Personal Playlist option, where the viewer gets to sequence each video to their liking.
"ROCK OF AGES: THE DVD COLLECTION" is released in the USA and Canada on November 8.
  1. POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME
2. PHOTOGRAPH
3. LOVE BITES
4. LET'S GET ROCKED
5. TWO STEPS BEHIND
6. ANIMAL
7. FOOLIN'
8. ROCKET
9. WHEN LOVE & HATE COLLIDE
10. ARMAGEDDON IT
11. HAVE YOU EVER NEEDED SOMEONE SO BAD
12. ROCK OF AGES
13. HYSTERIA
14. BRINGIN' ON THE HEARTBREAK
15. PROMISES
16. WOMEN
17. SLANG
18. WORK IT OUT
19. NOW  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This should be cool, it would be nice to see a new concert on this DVD, i mean the ONLY FULL DEF LEPPARD Offical DVD live show is gonna be 18 years old!!

#73 progrush2112

progrush2112

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Going to concerts, Drumming, Drum Corps, U.S. History, Music History (Jazz and Psych/Prog Rock), Console Gaming, Model Building, Collecting Vinyl.

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 15 2005, 02:44 PM)

I'm really hoping Mindcrime II will be good

#74 Mustard Death

Mustard Death

*Explodes*™

• Members *
  • 5669 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Dec 1 2005, 02:39 AM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 15 2005, 02:44 PM)

I'm really hoping Mindcrime II will be good

I haven't heard any of it yet, but I was told by someone who was told that it wasn't as bad as it should be. I guess maybe they actually might be able to pull it off without DeGarmo...

I still think it's a greed-inspired long shot though, but no matter what it is, they better have dropped the fake-ass Alice in Chains sound...

#75 floydfanatic111

floydfanatic111

Rushaholic

• Banned
  • 1740 posts
  • Interests:My 1999 Chevy Malibu, buying CDs, collecting anything to do with Pink Floyd, Genesis, Rush and the Red Sox. Also the Patriots.

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:36 AM

David Gilmour of Pink Floyd has a THIRD SOLO ALBUM due on March 6 for the world outside America on EMI and on March 7, 2006 on Capitol called On an Island

#76 Moonraker

Moonraker

O_o

• Members *
  • 6362 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Dec 2 2005, 12:36 AM)
David Gilmour of Pink Floyd has a THIRD SOLO ALBUM due on March 6 for the world outside America on EMI and on March 7, 2006 on Capitol called On an Island

You're kidding.  Why is it everytime Roger does some kind of solo work, either PF or Gilmour is right behind?  Heh, maybe one of em should release work on a regular basis, then they both will  laugh.gif  

Edited by Moonraker, 02 December 2005 - 12:06 PM.

#77 floydfanatic111

floydfanatic111

Rushaholic

• Banned
  • 1740 posts
  • Interests:My 1999 Chevy Malibu, buying CDs, collecting anything to do with Pink Floyd, Genesis, Rush and the Red Sox. Also the Patriots.

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 2 2005, 12:01 PM)
QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Dec 2 2005, 12:36 AM)

You're kidding.  Why is it everytime Roger does some kind of solo work, either PF or Gilmour is right behind?  Heh, maybe one of em should release work on a regular basis, then they both will  laugh.gif

I am not bulls**tting on the new David Gilmour album! Roger is working on two rock albums as soon as his opera is done. Roger on the BBC Radio 2 stated the possibility of working on another album with PF. They will do some shows ala Cream and do a Last Waltz type thing!

#78 kazzman

kazzman

I got a fever...

• Members *
  • 6263 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:58 AM

:: 12.05.05 ::  

REVENGE, ROCK, REDEMPTION ... MINDCRIME II

:: 14:25 ::

REVENGE, ROCK, REDEMPTION -- QUEENSRYCHE’S OPERATION: MINDCRIME II

Long-Awaited Sequel to Platinum-Selling Concept Album Available From Rhino March 14

LOS ANGELES — Queensrÿche returned to the studio this summer to record the long-anticipated sequel to 1988’s acclaimed concept album Operation: Mindcrime. Praised by critics and certified platinum, the original remained on Billboard’s album chart for more than a year and its dynamic music and powerful message still resonate today. Rhino Records helps unravel the mysteries of the original with OPERATION: MINDCRIME II. The album is available March 14 at regular physical and digital retail outlets and at www.rhino.com for a suggested retail price of $18.98.

OPERATION: MINDCRIME II contains a 15-song story and is performed by the Seattle-based quintet – singer and chief songwriter Geoff Tate; guitarists Michael Wilton and Mike Stone; bassist Eddie Jackson, and drummer Scott Rockenfield.

Tate says the current political and social climate inspired him to revisit the storyline. “I left the original open-ended with the intent to come back with a sequel to finish the story up,” he says. “Considering where we are today and how little things have changed, it was too ironic not to continue the story.”

Operation: Mindcrime’s intriguing and complex plot revolves around Dr. X, a political puppet master who brainwashes Nikki, the story’s main character, to assassinate corrupt public figures. The story also includes Nikki’s lover, Sister Mary. A former teenage prostitute who becomes a nun, Sister Mary is murdered mysteriously, leaving the cliffhanger “Who Killed Sister Mary?”

Set 20 years after the original, OPERATION: MINDCRIME II explores Nikki’s fate after being released from prison and reveals the identity of Mary’s killer. “I tried to put myself in Nikki’s shoes and imagine what it would be like for him to come back to society after spending 20 years in jail stewing about what happened to him,” Tate says. “I became fascinated with the concept of revenge and what that would do to a person like Nikki. The story is ultimately about how Nikki wrestles with his conflicted emotions. On one side, his base instincts are pushing him to kill those who wronged him. On the other side, his conscience–represented by the spirit of Sister Mary – urges him to learn from his past mistakes and find salvation.”

Earlier this year Queensrÿche launched a sold-out tour featuring the original Operation: Mindcrime performed in its entirety with actors on stage portraying the characters alongside the band. Tate says the band plans to launch a tour in 2006 that will feature a stage performance of both Mindcrimes in their entirety. “The actors on stage with us add a new dimension to the music,” he says. “It’s different than your typical rock show, but the audiences really got into the Mindcrime I tour. It’s exciting to have the opportunity to combine both albums into one show. It’s going to be epic.”

Since its formation in 1981 near Seattle, Queensrÿche has released nine studio albums. Empire, the 1990 follow-up to Operation: Mindcrime, sold more than two million copies thanks in part to the enormous success of the hit, “Silent Lucidity.” Released in 1994, Promised Land was certified platinum and featured the hits “I Am I” and “Bridge.”

QUEENSRYCHE - OPERATION MINDCRIME II

1. “I'm American”
2. “One Foot In Hell”
3. “Hostage”
4. “The Hands”
5. “Speed Of Light”
6. “Signs Say Go (Will I Surrender?)”
7. “Re-Arrange You”
8. “The Chase”
9. “A Murderer”
10. “Circles”
11. “If I Could Change It All”
12. “An Intentional Confrontation”
13. “A Junkie's Blues (Everything Will Be Alright)”
14. “Fear City Slide”
15. “All The Promises

Edited by kazzman, 07 December 2005 - 09:59 AM.

#79 floydfanatic111

floydfanatic111

Rushaholic

• Banned
  • 1740 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:44 PM

From brain-damage.co.uk and A Fleeting Glimpse

DAVID GILMOUR - ON AN ISLAND!

Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour has more than one reason to celebrate on his 60th birthday next year - March 6th 2006 sees the long-awaited release of his new solo album "On An Island" with a US release date March 7, 2006.

Released on EMI Records in the UK and Capitol in the US, the album is the first solo release from David since 1984's "About Face" 22 years. Following the release of "On An Island", David will embark on a European and American tour during the months of March, April and May 2006 - and we should have details of these dates soon.

"On An Island" is produced by David, along with Chris Thomas(whom mixed Dark Side of the Moon) and Phil Manzanera(Roxy Music guitarist). Orchestrations are by the renowned composer Zbigniew Preisner and were recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London.

The title track teams Gilmour with David Crosby and Graham Nash - three of the greatest voices in contemporary music. Fellow Floyd member keyboardist Richard Wright, Robert Wyatt, Jools Holland, and Guy Pratt also feature on the album.

#80 Mustard Death

Mustard Death

*Explodes*™

• Members *
  • 5669 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (kazzman @ Dec 7 2005, 10:58 AM)
Tate says the band plans to launch a tour in 2006 that will feature a stage performance of both Mindcrimes in their entirety.

Sign me up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users