• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#41 Batman

Batman

The Dark Knight

• Members *
  • 3360 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (esmeralda @ Jun 27 2005, 03:26 PM)
11/05/2005Death On The Road - Iron Maiden announce their new DVD/CD

Iron Maiden have confirmed they are to release a Double DVD and Live Album titled “DEATH ON THE ROAD” through EMI Records on August 29th 2005, and on Sanctuary Records in the USA on August 30th 2005.

The show was filmed at the Westfalenhalle Arena, Dortmund, Germany during the Dance of Death European Tour in December 2003 and fully captures the magnificent stage production and electricity of the band’s performance. Steve Harris once again took weeks personally editing the footage and like Rock in Rio this means thousands of cuts right into the heart of the action.

Yoohoo!!!  (From ironmaiden.com)

Ok This is some of the best news I have heard in awhile!!!!
1022.gif  Can't wait to see Paschendale Live!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Post

#42 kazzman

kazzman

I got a fever...

• Members *
  • 6263 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:50 AM

From Nightwish.com

NIGHTWISH FINISHES WORLD TOUR ON HARTWALL-ARENA, HELSINKI 21.10!
Hartwall-Arena -concert is Nightwish´s last gig on their 1.5 year long Once Upon A Tour 2004-2005 -World Tour. The supporting band on the concert is Sonata Arctica and special guest is John Two-Hawks. Concert will be filmed on DVD that is directed by Antti Jokinen. Tickets will be on sale starting 25.7 trough Lippupalvelu (www.lippupalvelu.fi) and Menolippu (www.menolippu.fi).

And while we're at it, road trip to Finland, anybody? The cool thing, it's the day before my birthday.

Edited by kazzman, 18 July 2005 - 10:50 AM.

#43 Oberon

Oberon

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading (in English and French), learning other languages (I'm at four right now, starting one more next year), movies, good humour (Monty Python et al.), travel

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:08 PM

t a k k . . .- 10th july 2005
we can now announce that the title of the new sigur rós album is takk..., which is icelandic for "thanks". it will be released september 12th on EMI records. we at sigur-ros.co.uk got a chance to listen to the album recently and for our money it's the best thing the band has ever released. we can't wait for the world to hear it. the tracklist on takk... is as follows:

1. takk...
2. glósóli
3. hoppípolla
4. með blóðnasir
5. sé lest
6. sæglópur
7. mílanó
8. gong
9. andvari
10. svo hljótt
11. heysátan

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk

#44 Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:15 AM

The new Red Hot Chili Peppers album is now finished.

I believe it is due for release in October sometime.

#45 defrushfan01

defrushfan01

Making Modern Music

• Members *
  • 2735 posts
  • Interests:Music, Music, Music, Music.... Listing to music, playing music, recording music. Music plays a big part in my day to day life, if theres no music, life is dull.

Posted 05 August 2005 - 10:03 PM

Vivian Campbell- Two Sides Of It.

The first album ever to have Vivian at the mic singing. Its gonna be a blues album, recorded with the blues rules, 1 take and no overdubs, so the whole album was recorded live, song at a time.

#46 Moonraker

Moonraker

O_o

• Members *
  • 6362 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:04 PM

I heard oe of the new tracks by Death Cab For Cuties upcoming release Plans, on the radio a few days ago and was absolutely blown away.  Everyone should mark August 30th on thier calanders for this release.

#47 Moonraker

Moonraker

O_o

• Members *
  • 6362 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 11:36 PM

Stellastarr* will be releasing thier new album on September 13th.  I took notice of this band earlier today when I heard they would be playing Popscene in September.  They some really catchy songs, check out thier myspace site at http://www.myspace.com/stellastarr

2 nights in San Francisco, I'm gonna have to hit both of those.  They sound like they would make for a great live act.  Plus they are playing Popscene, I love that club biggrin.gif

#48 Snowdog

Snowdog

In a van...DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

• 8805 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 05:28 PM

Guitar Virtuoso Eric Johnson has released a new studio album after a 10 year hiatus from the studio. "Bloom" is a must have for EJ fans. It is exactly what Johnson fans like and have been waiting for. It was released in June to little or no fanfare, I just found out about this yesterday and picked it up today. Awesome release from EJ!

#49 endlesslymocking

endlesslymocking

endlesslystalking

• Members *
  • 3384 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 07:21 PM

FRANZ FERDINAND - NEW ALBUM UPDATE!
The wait is over. The band’s second full-length album, "You Could Have It So Much Better," is set for release on Domino Records October 4 2005.  Co-produced by Franz Ferdinand and Rich Costey, and recorded in both rural Scotland and at Avatar Studios in NYC, the album features thirteen brand new tracks, including the new single, "Do You Want To."

"Do You Want To" will be available for download exclusively at iTunes beginning Tuesday August 23. Stay tuned for a link!

I dunno about any of you guys, but I love Franz Ferdinand.

#50 D-13

D-13

You can put it in the win column!

• Members *
  • 9349 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jul 18 2005, 08:50 AM)
From Nightwish.com

NIGHTWISH FINISHES WORLD TOUR ON HARTWALL-ARENA, HELSINKI 21.10!
Hartwall-Arena -concert is Nightwish´s last gig on their 1.5 year long Once Upon A Tour 2004-2005 -World Tour. The supporting band on the concert is Sonata Arctica and special guest is John Two-Hawks. Concert will be filmed on DVD that is directed by Antti Jokinen. Tickets will be on sale starting 25.7 trough Lippupalvelu (www.lippupalvelu.fi) and Menolippu (www.menolippu.fi).

And while we're at it, road trip to Finland, anybody? The cool thing, it's the day before my birthday.

nice! biggrin.gif

#51 D-13

D-13

• Members *
  • 9349 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 10 2005, 12:04 PM)
I heard oe of the new tracks by Death Cab For Cuties upcoming release Plans, on the radio a few days ago and was absolutely blown away.  Everyone should mark August 30th on thier calanders for this release.

ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Sooo happy!   DCFC IS soooo damn good!!!!!

#52 D-13

D-13

• Members *
  • 9349 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Aug 23 2005, 05:21 PM)
The wait is over. The band’s second full-length album, "You Could Have It So Much Better," is set for release on Domino Records October 4 2005.  Co-produced by Franz Ferdinand and Rich Costey, and recorded in both rural Scotland and at Avatar Studios in NYC, the album features thirteen brand new tracks, including the new single, "Do You Want To."

"Do You Want To" will be available for download exclusively at iTunes beginning Tuesday August 23. Stay tuned for a link!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!! I love these guys!!! biggrin.gif

#53 endlesslymocking

endlesslymocking

endlesslystalking

• Members *
  • 3384 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 23 2005, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Aug 23 2005, 05:21 PM)
The wait is over. The band’s second full-length album, "You Could Have It So Much Better," is set for release on Domino Records October 4 2005.  Co-produced by Franz Ferdinand and Rich Costey, and recorded in both rural Scotland and at Avatar Studios in NYC, the album features thirteen brand new tracks, including the new single, "Do You Want To."

WOOHOO!!!!!!!! I love these guys!!! biggrin.gif

their new video premiered today on MTV2, it has been stuck in my head ever since.

#54 PuppetKing2112

PuppetKing2112

The Music Database

• Members *
  • 8814 posts
  • Interests:Music, basketball, writing

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:35 PM

Time to close the polls for album of the year:

user posted image

EMI Press release, August 31st 2005:
www.emirecords.co.uk

KATE BUSH

New Single & Album

EMI Records is proud to announce the release of the brand new studio album by Kate Bush.

The double album entitled ‘Aerial’ will be released worldwide on November 7th (Nov 8th in USA).

The first single ‘King Of The Mountain’ precedes the album on October 24th.

Both the single and album are produced by Kate Bush.

----------

Kate Bush breaking 12-year album drought
Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:20 PM BST
Reuters UK Service

By Jonathan Cohen and Lars Brandle

NEW YORK/LONDON (Billboard) - Pianist/songwriter Kate Bush will break a 12-year album drought this autumn with the double-disc set "Aerial."

The album will arrive November 7 in Europe via EMI and a day later in North America via Columbia. First single "King of the Mountain" will be available September 27 at a host of digital download sites.

The artist, now 47, exploded onto the international charts with her debut 1978 hit "Wuthering Heights," which held the top spot in the UK for four weeks. She went on to have a string of hits with "Babooshka," "Running Up That Hill" and "Don't Give Up," a duet with Peter Gabriel.

But she disappeared from the spotlight following her 1993 album "The Red Shoes," which debuted at No. 2 in the UK and No. 28 in the U.S. Since then, the next phase of Bush's recording career has been the focus of routine speculation, while her influence was clearly heard in the music of Tori Amos, PJ Harvey and Bjork.

In October 2001, Bush whet the appetite of her devoted fanbase during a presentation at the annual Q Awards in London. While delivering her acceptance speech after winning the publication's accolade in the classic songwriter category, she told the audience, "I am actually making an album, (but) it's just taking longer than I thought," she said.

Three of Bush's albums -- "Never For Ever," "Hounds Of Love" and "The Whole Story" -- have reached No. 1 in the U.K.

---------------

1 September 2005
NEW KATE SINGLE OUT IN WEEKS
By Graham Brough
Daily Mirror

KATE Bush will release her first album for 12 years in just over nine weeks.

Before that the single, King Of The Mountain, will be in the shops on October 24.

The CD, Aerial, is out on November 7 - 12 years to the week since her last hit album The Red Shoes made No2 in the British charts.

Motherhood and family life then took centre stage for the 47-year-old singer, who has always shunned the celebrity circuit .

Kate has had three No1 albums including The Hounds of Love in 1985. She also had five top 30 singles in 1993 and 1994.

But her only British No1 single was her 1978 teenage debut, Wuthering Heights.

She produced the new EMI album herself.

-------------------
IGN.com

Kate Bush Is Back
Literate singer returns after a decade-plus away from music.

August 31, 2005 - Reclusive musician Kate Bush has returned after a 12 year hiatus and has announced that she will be releasing a brand new studio album in November.

Aerial will be the first album Bush has released since her 1993 effort The Red Shoes. It will hit stores on November 8th, 2005.

Prior to the album's release, Bush will unleash the single "King of the Mountain" on September 27th.

FINALLY!

#55 invisibleairwaves

invisibleairwaves

Tim Horton

• Members *
  • 17352 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:01 PM

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I think Neil Young has an upcoming album.

Edit- http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/c...ic_neil_young_1

Edited by invisibleairwaves, 01 September 2005 - 05:03 PM.

#56 PuppetKing2112

PuppetKing2112

The Music Database

• Members *
  • 8814 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Sep 1 2005, 02:01 PM)
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I think Neil Young has an upcoming album.

Edit- http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/c...ic_neil_young_1

That should be good...Neil always puts out quality music.

#57 Phoenix

Phoenix

Disciple of the 42

• Members
  • 1573 posts
  • Interests:Computers
    Fantasy Books
    Rock & Metal
    Rush Trading

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:46 AM

This might be interesting for Oberon , Kazz and T4E ,others of cause too.
Helloween are going to release a new record in Oktober and Gamma Ray's new studio album will be on sale at 26th of September.

#58 PuppetKing2112

PuppetKing2112

The Music Database

• Members *
  • 8814 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 07:35 PM

Just got the email from the TMV mailing list:

News
Tuesday, November 8th, the mars volta will release scabdates.

scabdates will feature renditions of Volta tracks recorded live over the course of 2003-2005 touring in support of this year's Frances The Mute and 2003's De-Loused In The Comatorium, drawn out to their epic, endurance-defying lengths, making for a 74-minute sampling of the Mars Volta live experience, with packaging featuring the photography of longtime Volta collaborator Danielle Van Ark.  Scabdates was assembled, produced and mixed by Omar A Rodriguez-Lopez.  All music by Omar A Rodriguez-Lopez, all lyrics by Cedric Bixler Zavala, and performed by The Mars Volta. The track listing for scabdates is as follows:

1. abrasions mount the timpani
2. take the veil cerpin taxt
3. a) gust of mutts
4. cool.gif and ghosted pouts
5. caviglia
6. concertina
7. haruspex
8. cicatriz
9. a) pt I
10. cool.gif pt II
11. c) pt III
12. d) pt IV

THAT will be worth getting...and it's coming out right when I am going to the store anyway...

#59 DonnaWanna

DonnaWanna

Midnight Toker

• Members *
  • 10301 posts
  • Interests:Ridin LIRR Goin into NYC, Viva La Bam!!!
    ANY Hockey!..LOVE to see the RANGERS lose! Im a Devils fan! 420,MY Digi Cam,Movies,Concerts, Hangin with friends, Meetin New Friends, Backgamon,Dominos....other stuff just ask if u REALLY need to know more ;) NOSEY!

Posted 16 September 2005 - 07:43 PM

user posted image

DARK LIGHT - IN STORES 9/27 AND 9/26

HIM's new album Dark Light will be in stores on 9/27 in the US and 9/26 internationally, but starting Tuesday the 20th, you can hear the full record streaming at hottopic.com. There will be a special limited edition of the album that will be covered with a Heartagram band

#60 Oberon

Oberon

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading (in English and French), learning other languages (I'm at four right now, starting one more next year), movies, good humour (Monty Python et al.), travel

Posted 17 September 2005 - 11:59 PM

Porcupine Tree DVD filming
09-18-2005

Porcupine Tree's show in Chicago on 11th October will be filmed for the band's first official DVD release in 2006. This DVD is planned to be a combination of live performance and a full length documentary on the band that Lasse Hoile has been filming over the last few years. For the occassion the band have taken the opportunity to dust down a few pieces from their back catalogue (including at least one song from the very distant past), as well as several more recent tracks which have not been performed live before. This new repertoire will be performed throughout the forthcoming US/Canada and European tour, not just for the DVD, but Chicago should prove to be a very special night.

Several shows on the tour are now close to selling out, so if you would like to catch the band on this, the final leg of their Deadwing tour, book your tickets soon!

WOOHOOOO!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)