Hipster jokes: have you guys heard the latest?

Good,bad,andrush

Another thing, they like to say they only like the first album or EP or whatever. For me, pretty much every band,I like everything. Obviously some albums more than others. And I frankly don't care about owning it on iTunes or CD or cassette or vinyl. iTunes I don't like much because I don't get my CD for the car immediately or the album art and lyrics, but sometimes there is not another meld of getting the music unless I order online which can be more expensive. I collect vinyl because I love the feel of it, but that doesn't make me a hipster.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Aug 3 2012, 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 3 2012, 10:01 PM)
Not to get political but I hate how hipster preach that corporations are evil yet most of them shop at American Apparel and Urban Outfitters.

Exactly. My ex-girlfriend was a hipster like hardcore, and I spent 129.99 buying her a fricking dress at Urban Outfitters. Evil indeed.

wacko.gif

They're the biggest hypocrites ever. I also don't get how they say they're non-conformists but they all dress the same, like the same music, etc. They essentially conform in their non-conformity (ironically, of course). laugh.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 3 2012, 08:14 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Aug 3 2012, 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 3 2012, 10:01 PM)
Not to get political but I hate how hipster preach that corporations are evil yet most of them shop at American Apparel and Urban Outfitters.

Exactly. My ex-girlfriend was a hipster like hardcore, and I spent 129.99 buying her a fricking dress at Urban Outfitters. Evil indeed.

wacko.gif

They're the biggest hypocrites ever. I also don't get how they say they're non-conformists but they all dress the same, like the same music, etc. They essentially conform in their non-conformity (ironically, of course). laugh.gif

Like a scene kid?

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 3 2012, 11:13 PM)
I don't understand (what people consider) hipsters much, but I understand people who hate them even less.

I'm not trying to sound like I don't think they should be allowed to act the way they do but they're pretty f***ing annoying, especially if you live in or near a college city/town where they're everywhere. They're free to live how they want to but they still annoy me.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Aug 3 2012, 04:59 PM)
Are we proggers a subgenre of hipsters? unsure.gif

From the criticisms I've heard of this cult of hipsters... Sure...

"The music I listen to is probably to complex for your comprehension."

"I prefer Gabriel-Era Genesis, it's so much better."

Basically, you hold an opinion that goes against the grain and you're prone to getting called a hipster. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 3 2012, 11:22 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Aug 3 2012, 04:59 PM)
Are we proggers a subgenre of hipsters?  unsure.gif

From the criticisms I've heard of this cult of hipsters... Sure...

"The music I listen to is probably to complex for your comprehension."

"I prefer Gabriel-Era Genesis, it's so much better."

Yeah, a lot of proggers say stupid shit like that but not all of us do.

Basically, you hold an opinion that goes against the grain and you're prone to getting called a hipster. confused13.gif

But we don't wear flannel and scarves when its 90 degrees. tongue.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 3 2012, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 3 2012, 11:13 PM)
I don't understand (what people consider) hipsters much, but I understand people who hate them even less.

I'm not trying to sound like I don't think they should be allowed to act the way they do but they're pretty f***ing annoying, especially if you live in or near a college city/town where they're everywhere. They're free to live how they want to but they still annoy me.

Especially when they shove their views down my throat, happens daily. When I show somebody a band they don't know, I don't brag about my knowledge. I say why I like them and hope they enjoy. And if they don't like it, maybe I'll joke about my taste being better with a friend, but with somebody I don't know, I'll accept the different strokes for different folks idea. And having dated a hipster, ugh, let me just say it was annoying. Spent hours taking pictures and tumbling. Never reading books, but finding quotes online from them. Claimed to be an artist but never drew anything. Shopped exclusively at UO. Said she hated mainstream but liked the more mainstream "indie" bands. Which is funny because indie shouldn't be a genre. It should just indicate that it is independent. It could be progressive jazz-death metal, or it could sound like Justin Bieber and still be indie.

I'm just fed up with some of the ones I know, and I think it's funny to take gentle stabs at the subculture just like it's funny to take gentle stabs to any subculture.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 3 2012, 10:43 PM)
I just realized something. I said I liked Wilco in the thread in MOTS. Does that make me a hipster? unsure.gif

Yeah, you're a hipster. PMing 1001001 to member title you the Prog Hipster. wink.gif

QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Aug 3 2012, 10:45 PM)
However, there is one person I know who did say the following on facebook when I asked him what he thought about Mike Mangini

"He's not Jame Blake's drummer, but he's decent."

I wonder if he knows who Mike Mangini really is....

QUOTE (default236 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:48 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Aug 3 2012, 08:55 PM)
http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Hipster

This is hilarious because of the amount of detail and truth. Didn't read it all though.

LO FREAKIN L!! laugh.gif rofl3.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, it's hilarious. I love it. I read it all now.

QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Aug 3 2012, 11:46 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 3 2012, 10:43 PM)
I just realized something. I said I liked Wilco in the thread in MOTS. Does that make me a hipster?  unsure.gif

Yeah, you're a hipster. PMing 1001001 to member title you the Prog Hipster. wink.gif

No!!! fists crying.gif

laugh.gif

Maybe the Prog Ant-Hipster tongue.gif

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Aug 3 2012, 10:49 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Aug 3 2012, 10:45 PM)
However, there is one person I know who did say the following on facebook when I asked him what he thought about Mike Mangini

"He's not Jame Blake's drummer, but he's decent."

I wonder if he knows who Mike Mangini really is....

I mean come on. I don't know who that drummer is, admittedly (shame on me), but he's FAR AWAY from Mangini status.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Aug 3 2012, 09:50 PM)

This is hilarious because of the amount of detail and truth. Didn't read it all though.

At the very bottom:

Although this guide shows you how to intentionally be a hipster, it is also quite possible and somewhat common to be a hipster without even knowing it. This can happen even if you do know about the subculture.

z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (default236 @ Aug 3 2012, 10:53 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Aug 3 2012, 09:50 PM)

At the very bottom:

Although this guide shows you how to intentionally be a hipster, it is also quite possible and somewhat common to be a hipster without even knowing it. This can happen even if you do know about the subculture.

z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

I loe the tips section the best. Video wouldn't load though.