All Things Football - '12-'13

• Please log in to reply
626 replies to this topic

#621 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 18431 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

View PostRodrigoAltaf, on 17 April 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

So what is everyone´s expectations with the upcoming World Cup? I´m concerned with the possibility of protests, as tensions continue to grow in Brazil. And it´s an election year, with our president and state government being largely criticized, not least of all due to hosting the WC AND the Summer Olympics of 2016 in a country where health care and education are falling apart, public transport has reached an all-time low, and security is constantly at risk.
All of that doesn't stop the U.S. from hosting events. ;)

Sponsored Post

#622 fritz44

fritz44

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

Have Liverpool blowin' it? We can only hope so.

I was hoping they were going to win the English league, as they have played the better footie all season, but then their supporters were giving it big over the Easter weekend.

"It's our's" and "It's coming home", then the killer "We only need to beat Chelsea". Well they f**ked that up today and they still need to play the not so mighty Magpies. Oh it would be so nice to beat them on the last day of the season to deprive them of the title.

I'll wake up in a moment.

#623 Brucey

Brucey

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2655 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

Man City have won it today, and deservedly so IMO. Man Utd won't be playing European football next season, which is quite funny to think.

#624 Steevo

Steevo

The Oracle

• Members
  • 10772 posts
  • Interests:Everything under the sun

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostRushAreAwesome, on 11 May 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

Man City have won it today, and deservedly so IMO.

City came back admirably during the second half of the season and fully deserve to be champs, agreed.  They have a fantastic manager as well.  I would've ultimately loved Liverpool to have done it but it was so close and that fateful slip from SG was all it took.  Better luck next season guys.

#625 Brucey

Brucey

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2655 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

FA Cup final tomorrow - I'm a Hull fan and will be in attendance at Wembley, can't wait!

#626 Brucey

Brucey

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2655 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostRushAreAwesome, on 16 May 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

FA Cup final tomorrow - I'm a Hull fan and will be in attendance at Wembley, can't wait!

Well we got beat but I was proud of the performance.

#627 alphseeker

alphseeker

Between The Two Wheels

• Members *
  • 7173 posts
  • Interests:All Things Cycling

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

Ok i'm dumbfounded - I watched the premier league this whole season for the first time.  I'm hooked.  However I just saw a HBO Real Sports episode highlighting the insane racism shown by European fans and it made me furious.  I had no idea such blatant racial hatred against black players existed in Europe. Certainly they weren't highlighting this on the highlight shows. Pelting the black players with bananas / doing monkey call chants / chanting the "N" word.  :wtf:
I'm not so naive to think this stuff didn't exist, but to see this allowed in the stadiums is quite another thing. I don't think this is happening with premier league teams but for any club to allow large sections of Neo-Nazi's leading the racial hatred is unacceptable. I do believe each club owner should be responsible for the conduct of their fans and if they don't do anything that team should be relegated.  Each league should have a promotional ad campaign snuffing this s**t out.  If the clubs can't solve it then they should be shut down :facepalm:

Edited by alphseeker, 25 May 2014 - 01:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users