All Things Football - '12-'13

Bayern 2 Borussia 1 :moon: Picard does it again. :eyeroll: I wonder if the first goal wasn't offside, though. :unsure:

Robben gets all the glory, and it was a great build-up, but the finish was so lame. At least it seemed like to me. Was he trying to hit it like that? Seemed like he wanted to punish it bottom corner.

It looked like he saw the goalkeeper moving towards him to the left and he went against the grain with the ball. Sneaky finish.

USA 4 Germany 3 :LOLsign: What did Podolski and Klose do to be selected to this second-hand team? :P

I wonder what happened there...GErmany is my best guess for who´ll win the World Cup next year. And I´m Brazilian, so that says a lot!! :cool:

USA 4 Germany 3 :LOLsign: What did Podolski and Klose do to be selected to this second-hand team? :P

I wonder what happened there...GErmany is my best guess for who´ll win the World Cup next year. And I´m Brazilian, so that says a lot!! :cool:

You would only recognize those two names I mentioned from the German team playing that night.

You would only recognize those two names I mentioned from the German team playing that night.

Oh, I see.

We´ll have the Confederation Cup in Brazil soon, in order to test a few of the venues for the WC Finals next year. I should be interesting.

Oh, I see.

We´ll have the Confederation Cup in Brazil soon, in order to test a few of the venues for the WC Finals next year. I should be interesting.

Btw, great game between Brazil and England. Full squads, too. The second half was a killer. :notworthy:

Oh, I see.

Btw, great game between Brazil and England. Full squads, too. The second half was a killer. :notworthy:

I know...but I´m not putting much faith in what Brazil can do in the finals. I think we´ll struggle throught he "group" phase and leave in the round of 16.

Oh, I see.

I know...but I´m not putting much faith in what Brazil can do in the finals. I think we´ll struggle throught he "group" phase and leave in the round of 16.

Seems a bit premature, doesn't it? We don't even know what teams Brazil will be competing against in their group. And knowing how the draw usually ends up well for the host nation... ;)

It is kind of premature, but not if you have been following how Brazil is preparing for this WC: it´s been a somewhat chaotic ride since we lost to Holland in 2010, with managers who were not the first choices for the position, and very poor results. We are in free fall on the FIFA rankings, and seem to be in a transition period in terms of upcoming talents. Maybe playing at home will be an advantage - traditionally it has been the case in WC Finals - but we´re really not that confident this time.

It is kind of premature, but not if you have been following how Brazil is preparing for this WC: it´s been a somewhat chaotic ride since we lost to Holland in 2010, with managers who were not the first choices for the position, and very poor results. We are in free fall on the FIFA rankings, and seem to be in a transition period in terms of upcoming talents. Maybe playing at home will be an advantage - traditionally it has been the case in WC Finals - but we´re really not that confident this time.

The team didn't look out of place against England and I wouldn't be upset about the rankings. This always happens to a country that doesn't take part in qualification matches, which are counted higher than friendlies by FIFA. I will be shocked if Brazil is ousted in the last 16.

Maybe I´m jumping to conclusions, but we were way down on the rankings even before the qualification phase started. Our feeling is that we are not unbeatable anymore as we felt 5 or 10 years ago. Our last manager stayed in the position for almost two years and didn´t win a single game agains a top team: France, England, Holland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Argentina...and the new one doesn´t look promising either.

Who knows, maybe we´ll turn this trend around ang do well in the finals, but I highly doubt it.

It's a bit ridiculous that you had to have a specific carrier to watch the Jamaica and US game on TV.. Brutal. Thankfully, the game against Panama is on ESPN. Nothing I love more than meaningful US soccer..

Maybe I´m jumping to conclusions, but we were way down on the rankings even before the qualification phase started. Our feeling is that we are not unbeatable anymore as we felt 5 or 10 years ago. Our last manager stayed in the position for almost two years and didn´t win a single game agains a top team: France, England, Holland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Argentina...and the new one doesn´t look promising either.

Who knows, maybe we´ll turn this trend around ang do well in the finals, but I highly doubt it.

Brazil 3 France 0, That's one...

Eddie Johnson! What a run! Clinical Finish!

2-0 USA!

And that's a final! USA in good position in the World Cup Qualifiers!

Aren't they always? ;)

well yeah, but usually about 9 points behind Mexico :LOL:

Is anyone following the Confederations Cup in Brazil? Mexico and Brazil will face each other this afteroon, amidst a wave of protest from the population agains the increase in bus fares, lack of investments in education and health and the huge waste of money on the preparations for the World Cup Finals.

Is anyone following the Confederations Cup in Brazil? Mexico and Brazil will face each other this afteroon, amidst a wave of protest from the population agains the increase in bus fares, lack of investments in education and health and the huge waste of money on the preparations for the World Cup Finals.

Wow, I thought soccer was everything in Brazil. ;)

We love football, but it´s getting to a stage where it´s insane to spend this much money to build stadiums while we have a tax system that is completely nuts, public transport that does not work, hospitals with no conditions to help the population, and politicians stealing our money on a daily basis. I think the whole idea of hosting a World Cup in order to boost the popularity of the government has backfired in a way that nobody expected. Maybe these protests will help build a better country with less inequality, and more people being able to study and have proper health conditions. We had to start somewhere, right?

Anyway, we just beat Mexico minutes ago, but I do not believe we can win Spain in the final. They´re MANY steps ahead of us right now.