Official New Music Thread

• Please log in to reply
3557 replies to this topic

#3541 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

Crushed in Rio

• Members *
  • 8613 posts
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:13 AM

Just heard this for the first time half an hour ago, and have been listening to it NON STOP:

Sponsored Post

#3542 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30019 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:16 AM

There is an amazing there piece band I discovered in the Bay Area!

They are called...

NONE

#3543 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 32229 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

View PostPolarizeMe, on 11 September 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

Segue's gonna love this...I got Medusa (Paradise Lost) on vinyl today at my usual record joint and it's a colored variant too (coke bottle green w/purple splatter) which sealed the deal for me. Honestly, this album wasn't on my radar at all until when it came out and if it wasn't for the fact that I connected the dots with associating PL with Segue and Katatonia being PL fanboys, I probably would've gone the whole year without even touching it...which would've been a shame cause this is the album that finally pulled me into the PL universe.

This album is so great! Gets better and better and adds to their cstalogue another heavy slice of powerful doom.

Its a denser, heavier and more challenging album than its brother The Plague Within. Glad you enjoy it!

#3544 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 3541 posts
  • Interests:QueenRushMuseYeah! Oh and MtG.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:06 AM

Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell
Slayer - South Of Heaven

#3545 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 6462 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

Gary Numan's new album is EXCELLENT!  Got it today. Fuzzy Metalic Darkness! YES!!!
Posted Image

#3546 Steevo

Steevo

The Oracle

• Members
  • 12111 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:06 AM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 01 October 2017 - 12:06 AM, said:

Slayer - South Of Heaven

Underrated album but overall it still doesn't beat the energy, speed and aggression of Reign...Jeff (and Slayer's) masterpiece, no question.  I wanna know your opinions of Slayer's "classic three" and the classic Anthrax stuff!! :D-13:

#3547 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 3541 posts
  • Interests:QueenRushMuseYeah! Oh and MtG.

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:04 PM

View PostSteevo, on 03 October 2017 - 06:06 AM, said:

Slayer - South Of Heaven

Underrated album but overall it still doesn't beat the energy, speed and aggression of Reign...Jeff (and Slayer's) masterpiece, no question.  I wanna know your opinions of Slayer's "classic three" and the classic Anthrax stuff!! :D-13:

Slayer's not one of my big favorites, but they are entertaining to me in a thrashy thrashy thrash thrash kind of way. I prefer South Of Heaven to Reign In Blood, more interesting album from a diversity and atmospheric standpoint, though Reign In Blood does what it does better than anything else. It's been some months since I listened to Seasons, but I initially preferred that one to Reign as well. We'll see when I get back around to it.

And my Anthrax ranking so far:
Among The Living
State Of Euphoria
Spreading The Disease

#3548 Steevo

Steevo

The Oracle

• Members
  • 12111 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:28 PM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 03 October 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

View PostSteevo, on 03 October 2017 - 06:06 AM, said:

Slayer - South Of Heaven

Slayer's not one of my big favorites, but they are entertaining to me in a thrashy thrashy thrash thrash kind of way. I prefer South Of Heaven to Reign In Blood, more interesting album from a diversity and atmospheric standpoint, though Reign In Blood does what it does better than anything else. It's been some months since I listened to Seasons, but I initially preferred that one to Reign as well. We'll see when I get back around to it.

And my Anthrax ranking so far:
Among The Living
State Of Euphoria
Spreading The Disease

Yep, I can understand that.  TBH Reign seemed overrated to me at first BUT after quite a few more listens I totally got why it's held up as a masterpiece on so many levels.  It's just so relentless, so perfectly executed with that production, just does what a thrash album is meant to do, they absolutely nailed it.  Seasons and South are kinda the same from different standpoints - both 8/10s.  How do you rank all these albums out of 10?  Totally agree with you on Anthrax although Persistence is really solid as well.  I will have to duel it with Disease again to reassess 3rd placing.  LMK when you finally get to it yourself :hail:

#3549 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18302 posts
  • Interests:NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 30 September 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Segue's gonna love this...I got Medusa (Paradise Lost) on vinyl today at my usual record joint and it's a colored variant too (coke bottle green w/purple splatter) which sealed the deal for me. Honestly, this album wasn't on my radar at all until when it came out and if it wasn't for the fact that I connected the dots with associating PL with Segue and Katatonia being PL fanboys, I probably would've gone the whole year without even touching it...which would've been a shame cause this is the album that finally pulled me into the PL universe.

This album is so great! Gets better and better and adds to their cstalogue another heavy slice of powerful doom.

Its a denser, heavier and more challenging album than its brother The Plague Within. Glad you enjoy it!
Challenging yes, but the more I listened to it, the more I got pulled in. I think Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us (both the album and the title track) is the best thing they ever done, but I'd put Medusa in my top 5 as well.

Speaking of which, for its genre, I think it's one of the best sounding vinyl masters I've ever heard. It's got the doomy production, but the dynamics is stupidly amazing for vinyl. It's a joy to listen to on vinyl.

#3550 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 32229 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:45 PM

View PostPolarizeMe, on 04 October 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 30 September 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Challenging yes, but the more I listened to it, the more I got pulled in. I think Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us (both the album and the title track) is the best thing they ever done, but I'd put Medusa in my top 5 as well.

Speaking of which, for its genre, I think it's one of the best sounding vinyl masters I've ever heard. It's got the doomy production, but the dynamics is stupidly amazing for vinyl. It's a joy to listen to on vinyl.

Faith Divides is my favourite album, and the title track is my shared favourite song alongside Pray Nightfall off of Symbol Of Life.

Medusa is fast becoming the album of the year for me.

#3551 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 21581 posts
  • Interests:Buyin' a Jeep Wrangler, getting that 5th Utah national park in, going to Scotland, returning to Canada, Devin Townsend, doin' good

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:21 AM

Devin Townsend's "Deconstruction"

in particular "The Mighty Masturbator". what an epic 16 minutes

Devin Townsend really became my artist in the course of 12-18 months

#3552 Oracle

Oracle

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2118 posts
  • Interests:Basically anything that can interest me.

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:14 PM

Stopped by the record store after work today and picked up:

Jerry Garcia - Reflections (2016 180g reissue)
The Beatles - Revolver (180g reissue of 2009 remaster)

Listening to Reflections and it's so much better than my original pressing that I bought a year ago. A bit apprehensive about Revolver, considering I don't particularly like the remastering job from the 2009 project.

#3553 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 21581 posts
  • Interests:Buyin' a Jeep Wrangler, getting that 5th Utah national park in, going to Scotland, returning to Canada, Devin Townsend, doin' good

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:29 AM

More Devin Townsend, "Epicloud"

after a few full playthroughs I'm adoring this album. Fun, and a different take from the rest of his discography.

Super strong opener and closer, which is something I always appreciate in an album.

#3554 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

The Professor

• Members
  • 3692 posts
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 02 October 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

Gary Numan's new album is EXCELLENT!  Got it today. Fuzzy Metalic Darkness! YES!!!
Posted Image

I would be interested in a few more details, if you felt like it ORFie.
Love his first 5 albums but then things got sax-y and I wandered away.
(listening to Replicas right now - great, atmospheric stuff.)

#3555 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 6462 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

View Postvaportrailer, on 03 November 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

I'm in love throughWarriors also, but a friend in Massachusetts told me she heard it on a radioshow, and said it was great.  It IS!  reminds me a LOT of the early stuff.  His daughter helps on one song too!
Posted Image

#3556 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

The Professor

• Members
  • 3692 posts
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:03 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 03 November 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

View Postvaportrailer, on 03 November 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

I'm in love throughWarriors also, but a friend in Massachusetts told me she heard it on a radioshow, and said it was great.  It IS!  reminds me a LOT of the early stuff.  His daughter helps on one song too!
Posted Image

Cool! I'll keep an ear out for it!
Have you heard this one? I just bought "Replicas Redux" and it was bonus track. I'd never heard it before and it rox my sox.

#3557 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 21581 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:40 AM

Giving STP's new single a go

https://www.youtube....h?v=F9wln-KgIeA

Kinda sounds like their circa 2001 stuff. Kinda sounds like Scott, too.

#3558 MusicHead

MusicHead

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1111 posts
  • Interests:God, writing, family, football, Dean Koontz, music, all things Spidey and Marvel.

Posted Yesterday, 07:46 AM

Galactic Cowboys- Long Way to the Moon
Iron Maiden- Book of Souls Live Chapter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users